Sergio Reguilón | 2023/24 Performances

binary bot
He seems technically good but a bit thick. Feigning injury at the end with Chelsea on the attack was annoying.

Oranges038

the hea

Until Martinez gets back it should be Shaw at LCB and Reguilon at LB, those 2 are our best full backs and Shaw is by far our best option at LCB after Martinez.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Actually we became more threatening as soon as he came in. Brilliant match. This is how you play the wing back role.

Wish he came in against Gala too instead of Pellestri.

NZT-One

Call me oldschool but I like him or his interpretation of the LB role. Quite traditional in terms of style, bit Evra light. His energy is something that really can be utilised. Especially in synergy with a good player on LW.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Shaw is very good and composed, but has nowhere near the energy, speed and dynamism that Reguilon has. Would play Shaw as LCB and Reguilon as LB until Martinez returns.

criticalanalysis

Until Martinez gets back it should be Shaw at LCB and Reguilon at LB, those 2 are our best full backs and Shaw is by far our best option at LCB after Martinez.
Shaw is very good and composed, but has nowhere near the energy, speed and dynamism that Reguilon has. Would play Shaw as LCB and Reguilon as LB until Martinez returns.
Agreed.

Shaw of today is no longer the same player of even only 2-3 years ago. I keep thinking 'Shaw can easily do a deep run and dribble with his technique and power' but if it consistently only happens like once a game over several years, it's not an issue of will power, he's simply not capable of it anymore. Also Shaw is a defensive liability on the left.

As a centreback, he has all the right attributes. Powerful upper body for jumping/aerials and not getting beaten 1vs1 in close proximity (as opposed to wider spaces in the channels) and he only has to use his speed for 1-5 metre sprints every 5-10 mins compared to 1-5 min in 5-30 metres as a fullback. On top of that he's quite aware and sharp in defending the posts and making interceptions.

Leethal

Incredibly, a player on loan seems to show more passion and fight for the shirt more than the majority of our other players.

ArmaDino

Masterstroke sub by ETH. Not sure if Lindelof was injured or not, but Regulion at LB is what we needed in this match. Our attacking output from the left flank went from problematic to dangerous.

Garnacho needed someone to overlap, but due to the fact that Shaw was helping with the build up, Garnacho would find himself isolated on quiet a few occassions.

Once we introduced Regulion and shifted Shaw to LCB and dynamics changed. Regulion constantly overlaped providing cover/an extra option/taking players out of position with him.

Very impressed with the lad.

Incredibly, a player on loan seems to show more passion and fight for the shirt more than the majority of our other players.
Imagine being deemed not good enough at Spurs, only to be loaned to United and offered a lifeline and starting position. The lad couldn't believe his luck and it's great to see that he is taking it with both his hands.

If he continues like this I say we sign him and sell Malacia.

led_scholes

Which makes sense. He doesn't have a contract of 300k to sit on, and he is also unwanted at his team so he wants to impress.

He was good yesterday.

Scottynaldinho

Clever and quick decision maker. Make him a starter so he also catches the zombie virus and lose those traits within a month.

Leethal

Which makes sense. He doesn't have a contract of 300k to sit on, and he is also unwanted at his team so he wants to impress.

He was good yesterday.
Which is why, imo, Ten Hag needs to be ruthless with some of these spineless fecks we currently have.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He should be due a start soon

ROFLUTION

They might have slightly different crossing, but he reminds me a lot of Dalot, which is not a bad thing.

We should try and keep hold of him as a back up / as competition to Shaw imo. If he becomes good, then we just throw Shaw in as CB.

sugar_kane

Best loan signing in a long time. I'd be happy if we signed him at a cut price, particularly since there are a lot of question marks around Malacia (injuries but also ability)

Conor

Not really, he's fighting to be signed or get a place back in the Spurs team, half our players are sitting pretty on hefty contracts with years left on them, and no real competition in their position.

Ekeke

Very good combination with Garnacho. They looked fantastic as a combo going forward and he was aggressive in trying to win the ball and help defend too. After that performance I think they should clearly be our starting leftside for the next few games and a few more performances like this and signing Reguilon permanently would be a no brainer. Also a great pass at one point for Antony I think it was in behind the defence

Ekeke

Yep. And a lot of what Shaw can do, he can also do from LCB - which is mainly a good touch in buildup or a good pass in behind for someone to run onto. He did improve his crossing and thats good now, but Reguilon can also cross well and Shaw is good enough to do it from deeper if he wants to get involved up the pitch.

Andrew Richmond

He’s clearly a very good player. Very good tonight. Hopefully when he returns to Spurs Ange gives him a second chance. Could be very good for them.

MadMike

He's quite decent, not particularly great, but I like him a lot more than I like Malacia that's for sure.

Leethal

Not really, he's fighting to be signed or get a place back in the Spurs team, half our players are sitting pretty on hefty contracts with years left on them, and no real competition in their position.
Exactly. A good portion of our players are an absolute disgrace.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I like him very much. Much better than Malacia and perfect backup for Shaw on left back. I would keep him.
He is example of good squad player.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I like him very much. Much better than Malacia and perfect backup for Shaw on left back. I would keep him.
He is example of good squad player.
Ye he’d be good to have. Was decent when he came on against Chelsea. I think Malacia obviously still has time on his side to improve. He was decent in some games he’s played in he offers us energy. Think one game that stands out was against Liverpool Last season.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
We should sign him permanently - can't imagine he'll cost much but he always provides an overlap to Garnacho and most importanly, get oppo's backline running back to their own goal (by getting to the byline). Shaw, for all the great stuff he does as a LB, tucks in so we lose the space creation on the left wing.

Malacia is still young, raw and injury prone, so having him and Reguilon for the LB spot seems sensible.

Borninthe80ts

From the highlights he seemed to provide energy and a quick mind helped in the build up to the winning goal. I’m not giving up on Malacia yet but if he continues to do well there will have to be a decision made come the end of the season.

SungSam7

We should sign him permanently - can't imagine he'll cost much but he always provides an overlap to Garnacho and most importanly, get oppo's backline running back to their own goal (by getting to the byline). Shaw, for all the great stuff he does as a LB, tucks in so we lose the space creation on the left wing.

Malacia is still young, raw and injury prone, so having him and Reguilon for the LB spot seems sensible.
Absolutely not, Luke Shaw will be the reason that Hojlund actually gets goals. The only lad in the team who can actually ping a good ball into the box, you can do overlaps and unders till the cows come home, but if there isn't a good delivery, you've got nothing.

Bwuk

If that was to be his last appearance for us, then I’ll be disappointed. From what we’ve seen of both of them, I think he’s better than Malacia, and it’s not like Shaw can be relied upon fitness wise.

Sylar

I know he was brought in as cover and tbh defensively isn't great but I think he's better than dalot (out of position)