Serhou Guirassy

tomaldinho1

& yet we complain about not finding gems like Julian Alvarez. He may be 27 but that doesn’t mean he’s shite.
Everyone knew about Alvarez though?

If his release clause is true, he;s cheaper than most back up strikers we could sign so it's a no brainer. He may very well be an average player but an average player is better than no one.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Make it happen, we badly need options and even if he puts a shift in and runs about a bit, he’ll be a better option than Martial.

whitbyviking

For someone who could end up 3rd striker then the outlay is low.

May be a false memory but we have created chances this season, at least enough for someone to score 5-10 goals, if this chap is a good finisher then he would have had opportunities to score goals. Wonder if ETH would attempt a 4-1-3-2 with him and Rasmus.

Conor

He seems like a composed finisher, I really don't see any downside to giving him a go. We need goals badly, and also can't really spend any money. He's experienced, but not ancient, and isn't a big enough name to throw wobblers if he is sharing time with Hojlund.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Crazy how he looks better than Hojlund and is 17m

PoTMS

He's not going to continue his outstanding goalscoring feats this season. Anyone expecting that will be left disappointed but even if he pipes in with 7-8 goals for the rest of the season, it'll be worth it considering realistically we'll only have a maximum of about 15-20 games left in the season.

TheRedHearted

Got to sort out the wingers first. Doesn’t matter what striker you put in this team there’s no service.
Bring the service through the middle from Bruno and another creative mid (either it’s Mount or we sign someone.
Hojland Guirassy
Bruno
Amrabat Maino (third CM)
Shaw Willy Varane Dalot

Shaw and Dalot bring the width. We will most likely sign a CM, but Eriksen is back and DVb was in the squad for the last game.​

whitbyviking

Bring the service through the middle from Bruno and another creative mid (either it’s Mount or we sign someone.
Hojland Guirassy
Bruno
Amrabat Maino (third CM)
Shaw Willy Varane Dalot

Shaw and Dalot bring the width. We will most likely sign a CM, but Eriksen is back and DVb was in the squad for the last game.​
DVB is in the Frankfurt squad now?

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
If he was being touted as an €80m next big thing striker like Kolo Muani or Dusan Vlahovic etc sure, we'd be sniffing about.

AndySmith1990

Is he going to propel us into the top 4?

We're told that Hojlund has great positioning but no one passes to him. So what difference will this guy make?

Why wouldn't we sign a new winger instead if bad service is the issue?

Better yet sign no one in January. We'd only be wasting more money trying to make a short term fix just to appease a shit manager who will be sacked soon

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Is he going to propel us into the top 4?

We're told that Hojlund has great positioning but no one passes to him. So what difference will this guy make?

Why wouldn't we sign a new winger instead if bad service is the issue?

Better yet sign no one in January. We'd only be wasting more money trying to make a short term fix just to appease a shit manager who will be sacked soon
No singular player is going to do that to be fair

Von Mistelroum

Crazy how he looks better than Hojlund and is 17m
Let's see how he fares when he receives the lowest amount of passes of any striker in the league.

I have absolutely no issue with Hojlund until he actually gets decent players around him and still can't score. If we still had Ruud he wouldn't score with these predictable players around him. Unless Guirassy is able to drop back, set himself up and then run forward to finish his own passes, he won't be doing much better than Hojlund.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Let's see how he fares when he receives the lowest amount of passes of any striker in the league.

I have absolutely no issue with Hojlund until he actually gets decent players around him and still can't score. If we still had Ruud he wouldn't score with these predictable players around him. Unless Guirassy is able to drop back, set himself up and then run forward to finish his own passes, he won't be doing much better than Hojlund.
Considering this it would probably make more sense to sign Undav from Stuttgart and play him as a second striker behind Højlund, just like he plays with Guirassy, to improve the service Højlund gets.

soapythecat

What’s the point of buying a striker when we play without giving them opportunities. It’s like a bird without tits buying a Gucci bra. Pointless.
We would waste money buying another forward whilst ETH is manager.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
He apparently wants to go to Tottenham instead of us?
I think that would make sense for him. Their style of play isn't that different from Stuttgart, so he should slot in well there (unlike for example United, as discussed above).

Mainoldo

Yeah fecking Mbappe is just lining up to join us.
I mean we have Varane and Casemiro currently. I can also list a bunch of top tier players that have played of us. But yes we are now a Championship side and should look to buy Scott Hogan upfront because we can’t get the best player in world football Mbappe.

Get a grip. We can get 90% of the footballers in the world should they be available or want to leave. What we don’t need is a bunch of Antony’s and Amrabat’s because you’re sick of star names.

Nobody watches the German league enough to be like this guy is it.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I mean we have Varane and Casemiro currently. I can also list a bunch of top tier players that have played of us. But yes we are now a Championship side and should look to buy Scott Hogan upfront because we can’t get the best player in world football Mbappe.

Get a grip. We can get 90% of the footballers in the world should they be available or want to leave. What we don’t need is a bunch of Antony’s and Amrabat’s because you’re sick of star names.

Nobody watches the German league enough to be like this guy is it.
Except us Germans regularly watching the Bundesliga ;)

And he is it*

* "it" being defined as a solid alternative to Højlund and an upgrade over Martial, especially in regard to reliability/availability. Not "it" like the solution to United's big problems.

Mainoldo

Except us Germans regularly watching the Bundesliga ;)

And he is it*

* "it" being defined as a solid alternative to Højlund and an upgrade over Martial, especially in regard to reliability/availability. Not "it" like the solution to United's big problems.
You probably said the same about Temo Werner or Havertz. Your players don’t do well over here and neither will he. It’s a tougher league and he doesn’t have to quality to adapt at West Ham let alone Manchester United.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
You probably said the same about Temo Werner or Havertz. Your players don’t do well over here and neither will he. It’s a tougher league and he doesn’t have to quality to adapt at West Ham let alone Manchester United.
I won't restart the tiresome general discussion about how bad BL players adapt to the PL and I don't think I was very active on here (or at all) when those two transfers happened, so I won't be able to prove what I am going to say now, so just take my word for it please ;)

Timo Werner always was a player who relied a lot on his pace to strike on counter attacks. And he had just one season were it all came together for him in the Bundesliga. It was not a big surprise to me that he couldn't hit the same numbers for a Chelsea team that relied less on lightning fast counter attacks than Leipzig did. Nonetheless I think he was a decent and hard working player for Chelsea. Not as good as many hoped, probably a bit more unlucky than he should have been, since that time lost somewhere and doesn't even start for Leipzig now.

Kai Havertz is a curious case. He had many great moments and decided crucial games, yet overall he just was too inconsistent. I would have expected him to show his best form more often than he did at Chelsea.

But the most crucial part of this discussion is the level we are talking about. Just assume you sign him, he starts from now on every PL match and scores just two or three goals. You would rightfully say that this is terrible and that he failed to adapt to the PL. And still I would be right because I called him a good alternative to Højlund who scored 0 (in words: zero) PL goals so far this season.

Why is that? Is he Mbappe and has clubs like Madrid lined up to take him?
In an interview published today Stuttgart's CEO Alexander Wehrle claimed that Guirassy had financially better offers in the summer and still decided to stay in Stuttgart because he likes living there and being a crucial part of a well-functioning team (keep in mind they only became that late last season after Hoeneß took over as manager and Guirassy returned from injury). Assuming that he speaks the truth we can deduce that you would need to offer him quite a lot to join your broken team. Wehrle also claims that there currently is "no indication" that Guirassy is going to move in the winter.

https://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/...cht-ueber-guirassy-wechsel-86531752.bild.html

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Gundogan, Sané and De Bruyne have done just fine for City. The problem is we keep signing shit players for big money and then coaching them badly. This lad is a cheap punt and would still be worth £15m to somebody, as long as we don't pay him way over the odds on his wages, even if he hadn't torn up any trees in 18 months' time.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
In an interview published today Stuttgart's CEO Alexander Wehrle claimed that Guirassy had financially better offers in the summer and still decided to stay in Stuttgart because he likes living there and being a crucial part of a well-functioning team (keep in mind they only became that late last season after Hoeneß took over as manager and Guirassy returned from injury). Assuming that he speaks the truth we can deduce that you would need to offer him quite a lot to join your broken team. Wehrle also claims that there currently is "no indication" that Guirassy is going to move in the winter.

https://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/...cht-ueber-guirassy-wechsel-86531752.bild.html
Last summer, he was a 27 year old, who had (a bit less than) one pretty decent season for a relegation candidate to his name. It will be a lot harder to turn down the next set of offers. It's also worth pointing out that in the six Bundesliga games since his injury, he's "only" scored three goals and two of them were penalties. So it seems like his output has normalized again.
Maybe that could make him consider to accept a generous offer if it comes in this window. I don't think he's turned to shit or anything, but it's probably a lot more lucrative to negotiate with 17 goals in 14 games than say 24 goals in 34 games.

That's the neat part, no one does well for Man United, so it's only a matter of time until that statement turns out to be true for any player.