Seriously, will another 'rebuild' take us any closer to the title?

romufc

I don't think this summer is a rebuild, I think it will be more of a refresh.

Players that have had their time to show what they are capable of and have not done so are leaving.

Martial
Lingard
Pogba
Bailly
Henderson
Mata
Cavani

None of the above are actually key players for us, Martial, Pogba and the like have a good 2 months every other season which is not good enough.

We can now free up wages, target players that will work for the manager coming in.

Whoever comes in has DDG, Varane, Maguire, Bruno, Rashford, Greenwood, Sancho as say key players and then has the ability to sign 2/3 players to build a very good starting line up.

Giggsy13

I’m not disagreeing they are bang average, just seems you are picking them out for being English when you could also point out the fact we spent close to £160m on Fred, Lukaku and Lindelof.
Fred has done well under Rangnick, 1 goal and 3 assists and generally has been a decent midfielder for us. Lindelof paired with Varane is our best pairing and he cost less than 50% of the fee for Maguire. Lukaku we sold so what’s the point here? We paid an “english premium” for Maguire and AWB. My point is the club should be wary of doing this again because it hasn’t paid off, or do a better job of scouting and find the the next big English talents before other clubs move in. We shouldn’t be held to ransom for Rice or Bellingham. I do agree with your point that our business elsewhere has been generally poor but it’s even worse when you pay even more for a player or a premium because they’re English.

frutti di mare

Fred has done well under Rangnick, 1 goal and 3 assists and generally has been a decent midfielder for us. Lindelof paired with Varane is our best pairing and he cost less than 50% of the fee for Maguire. Lukaku we sold so what’s the point here? We paid an “english premium” for Maguire and AWB. My point is the club should be wary of doing this again because it hasn’t paid off, or do a better job of scouting and find the the next big English talents before other clubs move in. We shouldn’t be held to ransom for Rice or Bellingham. I do agree with your point that our business elsewhere has been generally poor but it’s even worse when you pay even more for a player or a premium because they’re English.
That’s what I was thinking. If a new signing came in and put in Fred’s performances people would be saying “see what a difference a good CM makes” but because of the preconceived notions regarding Fred his regular 6/7 out 10s don’t get credit.

Also should be noted Rangnick, so far, is doing similar to what Klop did at Liverpool. Getting the best out CM’s who were previously viewed as rubbish.

Hughie77

I don't think it's a rebuild as such. A few out and few in. Matic Mata, Lingard, Bially, Martial and maybe Pogba as well. That surely should free up some decent cash to get some Quality in CM and a Striker. Phill Jones is another, promote Fish from the under 23s and a few more into the 1st team squad, Elanga has put his hand up he's one. A good summer in market I can see a few good things happening as the dead wood is going.

Hughie77

I don't think this summer is a rebuild, I think it will be more of a refresh.

Players that have had their time to show what they are capable of and have not done so are leaving.

Martial
Lingard
Pogba
Bailly
Henderson
Mata
Cavani

None of the above are actually key players for us, Martial, Pogba and the like have a good 2 months every other season which is not good enough.

We can now free up wages, target players that will work for the manager coming in.

Whoever comes in has DDG, Varane, Maguire, Bruno, Rashford, Greenwood, Sancho as say key players and then has the ability to sign 2/3 players to build a very good starting line up.
Agree those mentioned will be gone, I think Henderson may stay or they sell him and get another number 2. Cavani he's off so there another striker needed we all know CM are needed Mata Matic Pogba fair few quid there in wages, freed up. Something tells me Pogba wants to stay if it was up to me I'd leave him go. And use his wages to get hungrier younger players in.

romufc

Agree those mentioned will be gone, I think Henderson may stay or they sell him and get another number 2. Cavani he's off so there another striker needed we all know CM are needed Mata Matic Pogba fair few quid there in wages, freed up. Something tells me Pogba wants to stay if it was up to me I'd leave him go. And use his wages to get hungrier younger players in.
It will be an interesting summer because people say rebuild but alot of these players are ones that have massively divided the fan base. None of them have shown any consistency.

I would let Pogba go, finalise the chapter and move, like you said hungrier players. We don't want these ego's that think they are bigger than the club.