Shaven-headed David Silva

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
When have you seen Silva put himself about against us like he did on Sunday?

There was a pocket of play where he made yellow offence after yellow offence without them being called. I had to do a double-take to make sure that was D.Silva

Stats also aren't going to tell you how hard a player is going into tackles, do you think he's had the same kind of bite in seasons gone by?
Yes. I do. I remember that pocket of play and it was cynical stuff. It's possible he's making more "tactical fouls" than he used to but I'm not seeing any difference in effort, or work-rate. He's always put a shift in.

Seveneric

He needs to get the hair back, he's starting to remind me of a tan Stephen Ireland, which is unfortunate

El Zoido

He looks like Stephen Ireland. Shame he doesn’t play like him.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Best player in the league over the last six/seven years imo.
Don't think many would argue.

He's an oddity. Seems to be a managers player but he's been criminally underutilized in 3 different City sides. He's shone in all of them but his impact has been up and down based on his manager and the set up.

T A

Think he will end up dyeing his hair blond. Typical evolution since Beckham ver.2000 and Torres in early days at Atletico. Blond is now trending among footballer hairstyles, though

Reactions: Fortitude

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
He’s been by far and away the best player in the league this season. His manipulation of the ball, his total control of the game and his contribution in the final third is just unbelievable. Even without the ball he’s been outstanding. He’s developed into a Xavi/Iniesta hybrid – He may not play either role as well, but he’s playing both roles superbly at the same time.

Probably the most under-appreciated player in the League’s history. For years everything has gone through him at City but now in a deeper role he just dictates every game they play. De Bruyne gets all the credit and while he is a fantastic, in terms of just pure technical consistency Silva is head and shoulders above.

Never wanted us to sign a player more back in the day. Was desperate for us to get him or Villa from Valencia around the time we signed Berbatov. Broke my heart then and breaks my heart every season watching him get even better.

Class act.

Reactions: sizzling sausages

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Well if anything bald suits him, he looks bad ass now. If I were to be bald it looks terrible, but some can pull it off and look better.
Pep effect?

He's the one midfield player I always had hoped to see play for Barcelona, I still have his Valencia kit

Stacks

Him and de Bruyne in midfield is the next best thing to Xavi and Ineista. Pretty insane midfield they have atm.
bit extreme. Kroos and Modric have won Champions League. We have yet to see them against the Vidals, Thiago's of this world etc. There is much competition outside of the premier league and I don't feel dominating on these sures, prove your formidable. They haven't even won a title yet.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
When Mata was at Chelsea i thought there were times where Mata was at least on par. But Silva reinvigorated himself and stepped it up time and again, he's a fighter and in the end it's the same story with Di Maria and Sanchez, a bit harsh, yes.

I think Kroos and Modric are the better pairing, but otherwise there aren't any better ones out there atm.

Very annoying to see Silva run through United's midfield, but i think he can be stopped by the likes of Martinez, Casemiro and maybe Motta. A rematch against Kante would be interesting too. Still hopeful that City can't keep this up, especially in Europe i can see a defeat incoming.

Richrip

He’s not just a great player he’s really developed into a leader for them......

He’s dragged them over the line a 2/3 times recently either with the win I goal or laying the ball on a plate for a teammate.

Here’s hoping he finally gets sick of the Manc weather as goes back home ASAP.

SATA

Always compared him to Mata as both came from Valencia to the Prem. A pity we got the inferior but more likeable player

Deleted member 101472

Arguably City's greatest player ever.

And his latest style of play version is annoying for an opponents, as he seems to give it all.
Not arguably, he is, because up until very recently the whole team was always shite and won feck all

Robbie Boy

Yup. Maybe had a season or two where his standards dropped but generally been absolutely top class. Exactly the sort of player we've been repeatedly trying and failing to sign over the same period of time. Don't really agree with the v2.0 stuff. He's doing what he's always done. Play fantastic football.
Spot on. Any v2.0 nonsense is a pure fallacy. He's been consistently excellent for years although now in this system, he's looking pretty outstanding.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Always compared him to Mata as both came from Valencia to the Prem. A pity we got the inferior but more likeable player
Don't get how Mata is more likeable. Both seem good guys but Silva seems the better personality on the pitch where it counts, he wants to be the heartbeat of a side and never shirks responsibility.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
He's a beast almost every time I see him play for the spanish NT aswell. Great little player.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Yes. I do. I remember that pocket of play and it was cynical stuff. It's possible he's making more "tactical fouls" than he used to but I'm not seeing any difference in effort, or work-rate. He's always put a shift in.
Agreed. Complete myth that he's suddenly pulling his socks up.. this guy has been one of the elite talents in the EPL ever since he arrived on the scene, arguably one of the very few who could grace any top team in europe and be influential at CL level too, which you couldn't really say about Aguero who isn't as mentally tough at the very elite level.

Silva is the type of guy who plays alongside Xaviesta and never looked like an inferior. One of the best attacking midfielders in the world and has been for the past decade.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Agreed. Complete myth that he's suddenly pulling his socks up.. this guy has been one of the elite talents in the EPL ever since he arrived on the scene, arguably one of the very few who could grace any top team in europe and be influential at CL level too, which you couldn't really say about Aguero who isn't as mentally tough at the very elite level.

Silva is the type of guy who plays alongside Xaviesta and never looked like an inferior. One of the best attacking midfielders in the world and has been for the past decade.
I don't think there's an understanding of what's being said here, but that's by-the-by. Not a single person has disputed his contributions on the ball, and nobody has said his 'suddenly pulling his socks up' or anything to that effect, either.

Lord SInister

where grasses are green and girls are pretty

I think TM is talking about the Silva is looking rejuvenated. Obviously nobody ever doubted his talent.

NoLogo

bit extreme. Kroos and Modric have won Champions League. We have yet to see them against the Vidals, Thiago's of this world etc. There is much competition outside of the premier league and I don't feel dominating on these sures, prove your formidable. They haven't even won a title yet.
Probably true but they are certainly one of the best duos to watch right now. That being said I can remember few midfield players who managed to dominate games as much as these two, Xavi and Iniesta are the last two I remember doing it to such an extreme, that's why I picked the comparison and not because they are on the same level already, for that they would have to show these performances for 4+ seasons in row and win several titles I guess.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
David Silva and De Gea have got me a shed load of FF points (and bonus points) since the start of the season. As I like to call them: The Conductor and, er, The Bus Driver. :angel:

Got Blakey too, in case you were wondering. ;)

RooneyLegend

The good thing is that he's old so the question of how or with who they replace him with will come sooner or later. Pep hasn't shown that he trust's B.Silva in the midfield so he isn't exactly looking the natural replacement from that standpoint.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Luis Alberto of Lazio reminds me a lot of him.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Anyone else remember that pre season game at OT v Valencia all those years back when Silva basically put himself in the shop window and said to Fergie 'buy me'?

:(
But his head was too big and he was too small and slow :(:nervous:

Dobbs

Surely the big difference this year is goals? Already scored more league goals than the previous two seasons. On for his best ever tally if he carries on like this.

Always thought goalscoring was a big weakness given the team and position he's in.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Thought his performance against us this year was his best ever, and he usually plays very well against us unfortunately.

Has taken the responsibility of his position very well, and has an unbelievable level of combativeness in him.

norm87cro

I still don't get if this is a football related thread or a fashon related one. Anyway the guy is a brilliant footballer. But without hair kinda looks like a rat

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Everything all right with him? Something a little bit uncomfortable about his abscene today, the silence around it and the city squad’s message to him.

Darkhorsez

Everything all right with him? Something a little bit uncomfortable about his abscene today, the silence around it and the city squad’s message to him.
I was wondering about that too? Hope his family is doing ok.

Silas

I thought it was just his child's birth? Can't remember where I saw it though.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Why did he shave his head? Has he had a hair transplant or something?

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Sounds like many on here are subconsciously on the point of adopting City as their second team, some real Stockholm syndrome stuff going on. That club are fecking us up psychically and -admit it- it's turning you on.
It's a little disturbing how much City and their players are talked about here these days.