g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Shaven-headed David Silva

Thisistheone

David Silva has won the last 23 games he's featured in, in a row, the longest run of any league player since the league began in 1888.
Impressive but was very poor last night and has never taken a big CL game by the scruff of the neck from what I can remember?

Andrew Wolf

Supports
Manchester City
Impressive but was very poor last night and has never taken a big CL game by the scruff of the neck from what I can remember?
Very difficult to blame him for last night. It was the midfield as a whole who needed to be at it last night. As it was, Pep messed up, left Sané and Jesus badly isolated and thus we lost the game because of it.

Essentially, Silva had one out ball all night due to a big tactical error. Liverpool congested the central area after the goals and as the game advanced, City were forced further and further wide.

Thisistheone

Very difficult to blame him for last night. It was the midfield as a whole who needed to be at it last night. As it was, Pep messed up, left Sané and Jesus badly isolated and thus we lost the game because of it.

Essentially, Silva had one out ball all night due to a big tactical error. Liverpool congested the central area after the goals and as the game advanced, City were forced further and further wide.
Thats fair. I was being a bit harsh but last night did make me think of when he or any great City player really stepped up in Europe. Aguero, Kompany the same.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
One of the best midfielders this country has ever seen.

Andrew Wolf

Supports
Manchester City
Thats fair. I was being a bit harsh but last night did make me think of when he or any great City player really stepped up in Europe. Aguero, Kompany the same.
He's stepped up countlessly in domestic big games but I can't really remember many in Europe. We've never really had a set up that's suited European football until the past 2 seasons though, meaning the team as a whole has badly underperformed.

I'll take being flat track domestic bullies this season as Kiev was always going to be a nightmare to get to! Madrid next year though :cool:

Treble

Seriously poor last night. Most United midfieders would be slaughtered on here for such a performance.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's brilliant no doubt. Just find it surprising he's never stepped up in the CL.
Likewise Aguero, really.

Both excellent domestic players - two of the best, in fact - but never really showed it in the CL. I suppose for City a shame; arguably at their highest point now but both of these players are now [slowly] on their way down.

FujiVice

Angered me greatly that we never bought him. City had little appeal outside of money when he signed for them. And we let him slip by.

Sir Scott McToMinay

Angered me greatly that we never bought him. City had little appeal outside of money when he signed for them. And we let him slip by.
Absolutely....
The summer of 09 (even though he moved the next summer) was an opportunity to build SAF's last great team.
Should've went for Aguero, Silva/Sneijder and Robben.
Really frustrating how we failed to strengthen our CL teams, the summer of 99 was absolutely shocking. We weakened instead of strengthening.

I thought Silva was alright last night, most of the match he was played in the final third, and he definitely tried.

Member 5225

Absolutely....
The summer of 09 (even though he moved the next summer) was an opportunity to build SAF's last great team.
Should've went for Aguero, Silva/Sneijder and Robben.
Really frustrating how we failed to strengthen our CL teams, the summer of 99 was absolutely shocking. We weakened instead of strengthening.

I thought Silva was alright last night, most of the match he was played in the final third, and he definitely tried.
Yes, it was so obvious. Still painful :(

FujiVice

In fairness to Fergie, he had to fight (and lost) to get a goalkeeper in. Edwards wanted Bosnich because he was a free transfer. Our board seemed to take advantage of Ferguson's ability to get the best out of lesser players for about 2 decades.

AttackingFlair

Missing over the two legs, ineffective. He won’t receive any criticism and his performances will be forgotten about, then when he has a good game in the league people will ask why he’s so underrated etc

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Was watching him tonight. Gorgeous footballer. The way he changes direction with the ball close to his feet is incredible. To top it up, his passing and weight of passing is excellent.
Wish we had someone even close to him.

haram

Was watching him tonight. Gorgeous footballer. The way he changes direction with the ball close to his feet is incredible. To top it up, his passing and weight of passing is excellent.
Wish we had someone even close to him.
His play linking with Iniesta in particular was great.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Still getting over the injury I think, none of himself, Aguero and KDB are back in full swing yet.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
He was crap today but gotta say, that's a pretty good hair transplant.

ravi2

He was not effective tonight, the rest of the team was intense. They gave Livers nothing.

Mick321

Maybe his hair medication is having a bad impact. Can feck with your hormones by all accounts. :D

Would be interesting to know if he's taking it actually as transplants are often considered pretty useless if you aren't as yeah you get the transplant section but the rest just keeps falling out. I reckon he is.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I thought it was Lenny from The Simpsons.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
He scores his chance today against us like always.

Always in demon mode against us.