Shaw confirms ref bottled the penalty

SuperiorXI

Ludicrous decision, there's no mandate for it not to be a pen so I'm not surprised if this is true. How can you be a "premier" league ref but don't enforce the rules because people might "talk"? Welcome to English football...

Nick7

The FA are insanely protective of the refs and don’t like players or managers talking about them in a negative light.

If it’s not clear and it seems it not to some people, I wasn’t being serious just pointing out how the FA hate people in the game talking about refs.

hp88

Why would Shaw get a ban for this? He has just revealed how shit our refs are.

Becks-7-

Supports
United & Eintracht Frankfurt
Would not even be a suprise anymore if Shaw gets a ban.

SER19

Why would Shaw be banned, honestly what planet are some of you living on

Dobba

He’s saying what we all knew already, refs bottling the big decisions, the buck being passed between the on field officials and VAR. They don’t want to deal with the backlash so take the easy option it’s an absolute joke! State of refereeing in the PL is disgusting.
It's bizarre, it isn't even as if they're held to account for anything. No NFL style explanations for their decisions during games and no post-game interviews either.

Hell, broadcasters have even started employing retired refs to work as apologists for them during the live coverage.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Incoming ban for Shaw now
I don't think he can get banned for speaking truthful about what the ref said. Unless there's a rule against disclosing what a ref has said to someone on the pitch that I don't know about.

It's nice that his reason was that people will talk about it if he gives it. Well congrats, everyone are talking about it even worse now you nitwit.

Cloud7

This is disgraceful from the ref. The standard of refereeing in the PL is abysmal. People will moan and complain about VAR, but VAR did what it was supposed to do, it pointed out to the referee that there was an incident. He then proceeded to do what English refs have been doing forever, which is make a terrible decision.

ShinjiNinja26

Sky are barely talking about it in the studio, Keane just brushing off saying he was confused with the whole interview. The spotlight needs to be placed directly on these officials, they get off far to easy all the time, no consequences whatsoever.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Wish it was De Gea who said this, at least his suspension would have been a blessing in disguise.

croadyman

Yes I wish we would create more in these games but still need a big decision like that to go in our favour

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Wow Ole is fuming and confirms this as well.

Castia

Ole confirmed it as well!

He’s fuming. This is gonna blow up

Heinzesight

And an educational intervention of some sort. Oh and a 4 game ban for Evra.
:lol: Absolutely. South Trafford college is only a stones throw from Carrington and if he’s not there first thing Monday I’ll be fecking outraged.

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
I mean people are going to talk about it if it's given and they'll talk about it if it's not. The refs job is to make the right call, not the least controversial.

Make the call best as you can and don't even think about the fallout. Spineless pricks the lot of them.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
say it properly Ole ffs. This is his chance to say something back against what Klopp has said and he’s mentioned it but completely fluffed it

hp88

You guys are on a different planet if you think any of our lot are getting a ban for this, the officials have fecked up ans we have called them on it.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
So the ref bottles it attempts to avoid controversy and in turn creates the Streisand effect. feck sakes. :lol: