Shea Lacey

Bigsid

Such a silky smooth player. Best player in his age group at the club, really hope he continues developing. Haven’t seen anyone as talented since Greenwood.
Greenwood was a generational talent who scored on average a goal a game in u18s football and was playing in the first team pre season at 16. He had blistering pace and was deadly with both feet. I see nobody at the club currently anywhere near his levels of talent.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Greenwood was a generational talent who scored on average a goal a game in u18s football and was playing in the first team pre season at 16. He had blistering pace and was deadly with both feet. I see nobody at the club currently anywhere near his levels of talent.
Didn’t really have a right lot of choice taking Greenwood to that pre-season though, did we? If memory serves correctly it was after a late tournament and barely anyone was back so we had to take all the kids.

Bigsid

Didn’t really have a right lot of choice taking Greenwood to that pre-season though, did we? If memory serves correctly it was after a late tournament and barely anyone was back so we had to take all the kids.
Maybe but he made his Champions League debut same season.

AltiUn

Maybe but he made his Champions League debut same season.
True. Even so, Lacey's a very talented lad, albeit not as good as Greenwood, but I do think he's exceptional. Very intrigued to see where his career takes him.

Bojan Djordjic

Generational to what? The United academy, England, world football?

Red_toad

Generational? Greenwood was never a Messi level player.
Lacey is the best United player I’ve seen at 16 since Greenwood, prior to him Morrison. Doesn’t mean I’m Saying they’re as good as each other, they all have different attributes. Hopefully Lacey isn’t a tad fecked in the head and realises his talent.

Remember the geese

Generational? Greenwood was never a Messi level player.
Lacey is the best United player I’ve seen at 16 since Greenwood, prior to him Morrison. Doesn’t mean I’m Saying they’re as good as each other, they all have different attributes. Hopefully Lacey isn’t a tad fecked in the head and realises his talent.
Nobody is a Messi Level talent. Messi surpasses a 'Generational Level talent'. I'm interested to know just how good Lacey is.

Bojan Djordjic

Just by watching him, world football I'd assume. As an aside, just how talented is Lacey? Comparable to Foden, or a level below?
Well that's clearly ridiculous. Not even the best talent in his year group never mind better than actual generational players like Mbappe/Haaland.

Baxquux

Pretty sure that Greenwood was among the best talents in his age group.
This. If he was at a South American club and showing the same levels of skill/fairly consistent product that MG displayed in his first year, Madrid/Barcelona would be trying to make him the new Vinicius Jr /pre-injury Fati. Setting aside the other issues (regardless of what really happened, pretty much everyone accepts he was at least in a toxic relationship of some sort), there were shortcomings in coaching/management which didn't allow him to kick-on the following season. I think an 18 year old MG with ETH coaching him for a couple of seasons (and, lets say, seeing some kind of 'professional' to deal with accompanying burgeoning issues) is a 100m player by his 3rd season - the Bellingham of young right-sided forwards, even more than Saka/Rodrygo etc - and probably has Saka's place in the England team.

Bojan Djordjic

Are some actually trying to claim Greenwood wasn't a generational talent??? Ridiculous!
Are you kidding me? What's your definition of generational? To me its a player that comes around once a generation. At its most generous it should be the likes of Messi, Rooney, Owen, Ronaldo x 2, Haaland, Mbappe. Not Greenwood. He's not even better than Saka or Foden never mind the best player in that generation.

Brightonian

He actually reminds me of Rashford at that age, before his growth spurt. Short, very slight, quite nippy and with very good feet and a quick brain too.

Bigsid

Remember watching Rashford at Milk cup at a similar age. Scored 4. Didnt look too small to me. Was rapid. To play on the wing these days you would have to be very quick. I would imagine in time Lacey would play more as a 10 given his ability. Definitely an excellent dribbler.

jesperjaap

Are you kidding me? What's your definition of generational? To me its a player that comes around once a generation. At its most generous it should be the likes of Messi, Rooney, Owen, Ronaldo x 2, Haaland, Mbappe. Not Greenwood. He's not even better than Saka or Foden never mind the best player in that generation.
He was definately better than Saka, without doubt. I think both Greenwood and Foden are actually generational talents that are being wasted. Greenwood is a striker who hasnt even played as a striker but would be by now for me if it wasnt for the off field problems. Fodens ideal position is the DeBruyne one, but his ability is being wasted out on the wing....as it has been so far for England.

Maybe its the definition of a generational talent that is differing between people as neither Foden or Greenwood have performed to levels of players we rarely see but "talent" they both have it, Greenwood in his two footedness and shooting ability wise is way above and English players I have seen at his age in a veyr long time and Fodens techique, his touch is way above other palyers, though his career is hardly failing, I think his development has stalled how he is being used by CIty, he should be one of, if not the best attackign midfielders in the world by now....instead he is a very good wide player used within a squad system

AltiUn

Remember watching Rashford at Milk cup at a similar age. Scored 4. Didnt look too small to me. Was rapid. To play on the wing these days you would have to be very quick. I would imagine in time Lacey would play more as a 10 given his ability. Definitely an excellent dribbler.
Think Lacey’s weight or pass and vision would lend itself well to a 10 role, he’s a bit like a very young Mata.

Red00012

absolutely mental what you lot will post, I’m out, this is my final post.
You are a terrible poster , your posting history is like a WUM or one of the most negative posters in this forum. Either way take a break from here or go for a walk or something . Things aren’t that bad in the real world

AltiUn

You are a terrible poster , your posting history is like a WUM or one of the most negative posters in this forum. Either way take a break from here or go for a walk or something . Things aren’t that bad in the real world
He's negative but he also has a very good knowledge of our youth system, it's insightful if nothing else.

Sid234

He's negative but he also has a very good knowledge of our youth system, it's insightful if nothing else.
Hardly insightful when it's just a bunch of negativity. Having insider info does not equal insightfulness - especially if it just associated with negative energy

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
. Not better than Saka or Foden?? Greenwood is better than those two. Can you imagine Greenwood in a Pep team? I shudder at the thought of him at the end of of those numerous chances they create. Saka is more gritty but in terms of pure Technique Greenwood is clear. If he wasn't an idiot he would have spent the last 18months getting much better and more Allround and we won't even be comparing him to Saka.
this.

AltiUn

Hardly insightful when it's just a bunch of negativity. Having insider info does not equal insightfulness - especially if it just associated with negative energy
I don’t disagree that he’s negative, I’m very guilty of that myself, but he’s had a son in the academy so his view/knowledge is going to be very different from ours and he’s often had a lot of information regarding youth transfers and going’s on that cane to fruition so he does have some insight, no matter how negative.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
absolutely mental what you lot will post, I’m out, this is my final post.
Am I missing something? It’s just an injury update that the player himself replied to. Why is it mental?

Mickson

I don't agree, I like his posting (I can accept people being negative, it doesn't effect me end neither should it affect you). He's insightful about the academy so I really hope it wasn't his last post!

Red00012

Good knowledge ? All he posts is negativity and they our youth system / talent is shit

OverratedOpinion

Never heard of this lad but this page was a fun read.

Imagine he becomes our next best player and I'll always associate him with this in the back of my mind. Fun times.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Impossible to read anything about the severity of the injury but at least he seems upbeat.

AltiUn

Impossible to read anything about the severity of the injury but at least he seems upbeat.

Gave me a flashback to the Europa final where we had about 5 players on crutches celebrating the win :lol: