g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Sheep draft SF - kps88 vs Joga Bonito

Who would win based on player peak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Also, if you have Terry in your team you have to a) select him among your five takers and b) present a list like this one:

1. Playername: L
2. Playername: M
3. Playername: R
4. Playername: L
5. Terry: S

S = Slips and embarrasses himself for all posterity

Which is, basically, why you don't draft Terry for these things.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Also, if you have Terry in your team you have to a) select him among your five takers and b) present a list like this one:

1. Playername: L
2. Playername: M
3. Playername: R
4. Playername: L
5. Terry: S

S = Slips and embarrasses himself for all posterity

Which is, basically, why you don't draft Terry for these things.
:lol:

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Hm. Joga should be clear favourite here. All them Germans. Good job kps hauled off Donadoni, though.

kps88

Was it always tied in the last 10-15 minutes or was one of us leading?

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Was it always tied in the last 10-15 minutes or was one of us leading?
You went 16-14 up quickly after the Laudrup for Donadoni sub, then nothing happened until anto and Gio (or not Gio) voted for Joga

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
You went 16-14 up quickly after the Laudrup for Donadoni sub, then nothing happened until anto and Gio voted for Joga.
No draw-engineering accusations here - I voted for Joga last night.

kps88

You went 16-14 up quickly after the Laudrup for Donadoni sub, then nothing happened until anto and Gio voted for Joga.
Ah. Expected I'd lose Anto's vote regardless of the sub . Gio had already voted last I checked though.

Anyways penalties sent.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Maybe that's shit voting by me, but I just think Platini will do here the feck he wants with Tigana and Redondo behind him. Perfect aid for him to thrive in imo.
I have to admit, I voted before both team's changes, and I might've voted for Joga if they both started like this, but I don't want to change now when it's so close.
That's what changes are for, changing votes is a legit action. In fact, a desirable one and a more accurate reflection of real life football where subs do lead to games changing their outlook.

I disagree about Platini doing whatever the feck he wants here, to do whatever the feck he wants he needs the right associates upfront more so than he needs Tigana and Redondo behind him. FWIW, I thought he was more in his element in @NM's team, well, in the one I would have played with Zé Roberto and Tardelli.

VivaJanuzaj

First kick is up:

The bleeding Oliver Kahn, after taking a boot to the face from Puskas earlier, is stepping up to try and beat Dino Zoff, which keeper will win?

Cheeky Kahn goes for the Panenka to the middle

Zoff sees right through it, stands his ground and collects the ball with ease

Joga Bonito - X
Kps88 -

VivaJanuzaj

Up goes Platini to take the second kick, filled with confidence he looks at the goal and sees Schuster taking the gloves from Kahn and standing in front of him.

Schuster looks like he's been preparing to this moment his entire life and seems incredibly calm and cooooooooool

antohan

Ah. Expected I'd lose Anto's vote regardless of the sub . Gio had already voted last I checked though.

Anyways penalties sent.
Have to say I wasn't sure, which is why I hadn't voted yesterday waiting for some development. Woke up, saw the sub, easy. No idea who made it 16-16, I made it 16-15.

kps88

That's what changes are for, changing votes is a legit action. In fact, a desirable one and a more accurate reflection of real life football where subs do lead to games changing their outlook
Not really relevant to this discussion, but shouldn't the starting formation count for something? Doesn't seem to be that important anymore. Not talking about this game in particular but there's plenty of games when a manager starts with a completely wrong setup and then proceeds to change it an hour in after being told to do so. There's no punishment for picking the wrong setup to start with. If it were up to me, I'd limit it to one tactical change per game which can only be made after the half way mark. Otherwise there's nothing at stake when choosing your starting tactics anymore.

VivaJanuzaj

Platini with a long run takes a strong shot to the right side

Schuster dives to the left, saves the ball to the post and out! The whole stadium is amazed, and so is Platini!

Joga Bonito - X
Kps88 - X

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Nothing I could do about Schuster being the keeper. Gaby included a clause in the contract that Schuster will play an integral role in any pen shootouts after the peno debacle in Barcelona 86. Didn't know it was going to be that integral.

antohan

Not really relevant to this discussion, but shouldn't the starting formation count for something? Doesn't seem to be that important anymore. Not talking about this game in particular but there's plenty of games when a manager starts with a completely wrong setup and then proceeds to change it an hour in after being told to do so. There's no punishment for picking the wrong setup to start with. If it were up to me, I'd limit it to one tactical change per game which can only be made after the half way mark. Otherwise there's nothing at stake when choosing your starting tactics anymore.
Oh no, I agree with that too, I've always been a huge supporter of punishing teams that clearly set out to play the entirely wrong team. It isn't just the starting lineup but the fact you would have trained and drilled tactics all week preparing for the wrong game and that sure has a massive impact.

I don't think the way Joga started really impaired him though, it was more a case of preferences on who goes on which wing. The only significant tactical impact was that the greater relative safety of Burgnich came at the cost of Brehme's influence from left midfield, not where the game was won or lost IMO.

VivaJanuzaj

Next up is Brehme to take the shot for team Joga.

Brehme steps up from the halfway line, but midway through Burgnich runs over to him, pushes him aside cursing in Italian and sends Brehme back to the rest of the team..

Burgnich angrily steps up to take the shot, will he break the deadlock here and finally score the first penalty?
Burgnich tries to blast it in the middle, yet he slips and shoots overboard and to the stands to Zoff's delight!

Terry dejavu hitting everybody in the stands as Burgnich starts crying

Joga Bonito - XX
Kps88 - X

kps88

Oh no, I agree with that too, I've always been a huge supporter of punishing teams that clearly set out to play the entirely wrong team. It isn't just the starting lineup but the fact you would have trained and drilled tactics all week preparing for the wrong game and that sure has a massive impact.

I don't think the way Joga started really impaired him though, it was more a case of preferences on who goes on which wing. The only significant tactical impact was that the greater relative safety of Burgnich came at the cost of Brehme's influence from left midfield, not where the game was won or lost IMO.
Yeah was talking more in general rather than this game.

VivaJanuzaj

Next up is one of the best strikers in the history of the game, as Puskas steps up to take the penalty.

Schuster begins his classic mind games and tries to get Puskas confused pre-shot.

Puskas calmly takes the shot to his right
Schuster dives to his own right, failing to understand how his mind games didn't work on the Hungarian.
Puskas scores!

Joga Bonito - XX
kps88 - XO

VivaJanuzaj

Next goes Jurgen Kohler to take the shot, the German looks angry after a game of chasing Puskas and seems to want to release his stress on the penalty.

Kohler takes a deep breath before shooting, calming himself down.

He steps up, sends Dino Zoff to one side, sliding the ball to the other, perfect penalty.

Joga Bonito - XXO
Kps88 - XO

VivaJanuzaj

Next up, the midfielder who torn Keane a new one, the draft superhuman, who never really got the same reputation at this draft.
Fernando Redondo.

The top class 'can do it-all' DM places the ball as the entire crowd boos him hoping for a tie.
Rendondo blasts it in the middle, Schuster dives to the left.

But wait, Schuster manages to get a foot on Redondo's shot and it goes over the bar!
Bernd acts with class and doesn't celebrate.

Joga Bonito - XXO
kps88 - XOX

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Next up, the midfielder who torn Keane a new one, the draft superhuman, who never really got the same reputation at this draft.
Fernando Redondo.

The top class 'can do it-all' DM places the ball as the entire crowd boos him hoping for a tie.
Rendondo blasts it in the middle, Schuster dives to the left.

But wait, Schuster manages to get a foot on Redondo's shot and it goes over the bar!
Bernd acts with class and doesn't celebrate.

Joga Bonito - XXO
kps88 - XOX
Schuster :drool::drool:

VivaJanuzaj

Next up is Edgar Davids, hoping to get the turnaround.

Davids takes off his goggles, hoping his real eyes would scare Zoff away.

Davids with a powerful shot to the left, but Zoff again reads it and dives to his right!
Tremendous stuff from the Italian keeper!

Zoff gathers the ball and throws it in the stands! What a show by the legendary keeper

Joga Bonito - XXOX
kps88 - XOX

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Wow that's some luck right there 1 penalty scored (by a German defying fate obviously) in 9 attempts.:lol:

VivaJanuzaj

Will kps take the lead?

He sends the very relaxed Laudrup, who isn't tired at all after his late sub.
Laudrup is furious with his manager for not starting him and goes to the ball without any real passion.
He places the ball on the spot, winking towards Schuster like they had a plan together.
Schuster stays centered as he thought Laudrup would sell the match

But Laudrup takes the shot to his left and scores! Schuster is furious with him for tricking him into it.
Laudrup sits down and smiles to the camera.

Joga Bonito - XXOX
kps88 - XOXO

VivaJanuzaj

IF Joga Misses, this is all over.

He sends His own keeper, Schuster who has been magnificent so far in this shootout to try and keep him alive.

Schuster walks angrily towards the ball, still shaken up from that Laudrup business as he was confident he has it.
Schuster shoots to the right, Zoff stays centered and not moving! it's looking good.

But it hits the post and goes straight to Zoff's hands!
Schuster misses! It's all over!

Joga Bonito - XXOXX
kps88 - XOXO