Sheffield United

Bojan11

Yeah the goalkeepers been shit.

But they don’t look like scoring at all. They are pushing players forward too, but lack the quality.

They should just keep Wilder because they have a better chance coming back under him than some dinosaur Pulis who is crap besides Stoke anyway.

No manager would keep that team up. Mourinho is right when he said nearly nearly every club has some player who can hurt you, but sadly Sheffield United are one of those clubs who don’t have anything.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
This is the key point. Replacing Wilder won’t keep you up this season. Squad talent just isn’t there.

Use the rest of the season blooding youth and figuring out transfer priorities for the summer. Have a look into scouting and the DOF, upgrade as needed.

A few key squad upgrades and Wilder will have you back in the PL after next season.
There’s just too much pressure at the moment, a lot of individual mistakes which you can’t point the finger at Wilder for.

DRM

Yep, they're down. They're better off now to focus on the rebuild for next season in the championship. Only question now is whether wilder will be a part of that plan

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
They’d be stupidly silly to get rid of Wilder but at the same time I don’t see how he turns around the losing mentality next season when they’re in a different league.

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
It was only £22 mill and that is not a lot for him. And I wonder how much you have seen him play this season because he has by far been their best player this season until he got injured. He is probably the only player that has performed for them. They probably get a higher fee for him if he leaves when they get relegated.
Yeah, I think you missed the point. Never mind, it's not important.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
David Ramsdale is awful. No way Eze’s goal should have been allowed to pass him.
Is this Aaron's twin brother? Would certainly make a lot of sense contrasting his performances this season to last.

All kidding aside - can anybody honestly say looking at the calibre of their core group of players last season that they didn't expect a drop-off? I wasn't expecting them to be this bad but always though they'd be in a relegation dogfight.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Rumours are spreading fast that Wilder has resigned. I really hope it’s nonsense but if it is the case…

Santos J

Rumours are spreading fast that Wilder has resigned. I really hope it’s nonsense but if it is the case…
Don't suppose he'd have to say or even know but my mate works for you lot as a coach at some level and he says he's not heard anything

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Don't suppose he'd have to say or even know but my mate works for you lot as a coach at some level and he says he's not heard anything
Interesting. Just seen a cryptic post from an ex blade who doesn’t usually post that kinda stuff so my stomach dropped.

Santos J

Interesting. Just seen a cryptic post from an ex blade who doesn’t usually post that kinda stuff so my stomach dropped.
Yeah and just to make it a bit more confusing for you, the same mates Dad used to work for you lot has heard the same as Gage (presuming you meant him) but my mate still hasn't heard anything internally

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Yeah and just to make it a bit more confusing for you, the same mates Dad used to work for you lot has heard the same as Gage (presuming you meant him) but my mate still hasn't heard anything internally
Yeah that’s the only thing that’s concerned me honestly

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Should really have left last summer. It was so obvious the Sheffield bubble was going to burst eventually. There's only so far you can take a bunch of journeymen from Championship and League One.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Weird decision to sack him now with not enough game remaining to stay up. Think no fans really hurt their performance level. He has done an unbelievable job there.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
I can not understand why they are sacking him?
It's a stupid decision.

CM

Probably looking to get the ball rolling in terms of a rebuild for next season. I don't think Wilder got on particularly well with the Sheffield United board and his confrontational approach isn't really ideal for a club in the position they are now.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
Apparently there's been a falling out due to the club wanting a director of football which Wilder is against, he wants full control of the signings.

Probably the right decision given the amount of shite he has signed since getting promoted.

Raredaredevil

I'm afraid they have waited too long to sack him but isn't that what we said about Leicester in 2014 and then they went on a miraculous run of form. Maybe they are banking on the new manager bounce to start a winnable run of games. Now watch them beat Leicester this weekend.

RashyForPM

Complete breakdown in boardroom relations from what I know, stemming from disagreements over a DOF and the transfer and wage budget. Very harsh though, he did a Football Manager style job getting them from a state of antipathy in League 1 to the PL.

Last edited:

SamVimes

Apparently there's been a falling out due to the club wanting a director of football which Wilder is against, he wants full control of the signings.

Probably the right decision given the amount of shite he has signed since getting promoted.
£50 million on three strikers who have a grand total of 1 goal between them.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
£50 million on three strikers who have a grand total of 1 goal between them.
It just shows you how far a striker for that kind of money will get you - or not.

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
So, in summary, he's built an excellent Championship side for a quick return to the top next year.

Victim of his own foresight. I wish him well.

Acole9

Outstanding
I quite liked him and hoped they'd stay up but after that rant about the lefties I thought that made him look a bit of a prat.

Fair play to him though for dismissing Klopp's requests for more subs. I don't mind nine on the bench but only three should enter the field (Unless of course there's a concussion injury) in the European games I find it really disrupts the flow of the game with the five sub rule.

Santos J

They'd do worse than looking close to home at Valerien Ismael if he keeps doing well with Barnsley this season. Think they'll go for someone with a bit more experience though but not one who's been around the English leagues.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I'm afraid they have waited too long to sack him but isn't that what we said about Leicester in 2014 and then they went on a miraculous run of form. Maybe they are banking on the new manager bounce to start a winnable run of games. Now watch them beat Leicester this weekend.
Almost impossible for them to stay up.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Gutted but had a feeling it was coming. The prince wants a DOF and that was never going to happen under CW. Hard to feel any type of positivity watching football at the moment and this is a big kick in the teeth.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Cannot slam CW for where we are right now and I won’t change my mind. It says something that it all went downhill after the restart. Imagine non of that happened, this wouldn’t be a thing.

AgentSmith

Cannot slam CW for where we are right now and I won’t change my mind. It says something that it all went downhill after the restart. Imagine non of that happened, this wouldn’t be a thing.
Why’d do you think the change in context of matches induced by the pandemic affected you guys so much?

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Why’d do you think the change in context of matches induced by the pandemic affected you guys so much?
We rely heavily on a crowd. That’s why we managed to hold out for so many points without scoring much last season.

AgentSmith

We rely heavily on a crowd. That’s why we managed to hold out for so many points without scoring much last season.
Yeah that’s fair, I guess teams that rely on small margins to do well would always be more affected by something like that.

Your summer transfer window didn’t help either. You got Ramsdale and Brewster for roughly £40 million while Villa got Martinez and Watkins for £45 million. A simplistic comparison but a pretty accurate explanation for the contrast in fortunes for the two teams.

I went to uni in Sheffield so always had a soft spot for you guys, hope you bounce right back up next season. Norwich are a sign of encouragement in that regard.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Your summer transfer window didn’t help either. You got Ramsdale and Brewster for roughly £40 million while Villa got Martinez and Watkins for £45 million. A simplistic comparison but a pretty accurate explanation for the contrast in fortunes for the two teams.
Hard to compare. The wages available at a club like Villa trump anything we can offer.

Baneofthegame

Hard to compare. The wages available at a club like Villa trump anything we can offer.
Still doesn’t change the fact they are two of the worst signings this season, which for your club is even more important in terms of surviving relegation.

Still think he did a great job.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Still doesn’t change the fact they are two of the worst signings this season, which for your club is even more important in terms of surviving relegation.

Still think he did a great job.
When you can’t get your first choice you have to go and pick from second/third choices. Can’t really grumble when that’s the situation we were in.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Most Sheffield Utd fans I know are pretty gutted about this one. I think they were all resigned to the fact they were going down but not a single one of them wavered in their support for Wilder and frankly who can blame them after what he delivered. It’s clear he’s fallen out with the hierarchy but it remains a mental decision as Wilder would have given them the best chance of bouncing straight back again. The shameful reality of modern football clubs.