Shinji Kagawa | Signs for Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Can anyone, who had been watching him regularly, give a good assessment about the player?

ryan_forlan

Gullible
I have had a terrible couple of days...
personal life wise
work wise
football wise too....hazard went to chelsea.
can we please have a couple of signings soon, so that life is easier to live before Euros start :-)

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I have had a terrible couple of days...
personal life wise
work wise
football wise too....hazard went to chelsea.
can we please have a couple of signings soon, so that life is easier to live before Euros start :-)
couple of days? City won the league a week + ago....It's worse then you thought :)

puNANI

I think he will suit us perfectly. I'll be real excited if this deal goes through. He is missing a lot of what we need (creativity, goals + assist) in central areas and will afford us the flexibility of playing 4-4-2 or the 4-5-1 that was successful in Europe.

scream

We don't even have any telecommunication sponsor from Japan, I'm sure we'd get one of those for a few million soon. :drool:

Also, whilst the Japanese economy has tanked for decades, they do still have the 3rd highest GDP in the world...
Unlikely to get a Japanese telecoms company to cough up a few million sponsorship when most have been Haemorrhaging money for a few years.

Jaap

Can anyone, who had been watching him regularly, give a good assessment about the player?
What would you like to know, devilish? I pretty much saw him roughly 40 times last season, including onegame live, so, anything, ask.

I'm off now but will be back to answer your question(s) later tonight.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
What would you like to know, devilish? I pretty much saw him roughly 40 times last season, including onegame live, so, anything, ask.

I'm off now but will be back to answer your question(s) later tonight.
Jaap, it would be nice to know how you see him fitting/what he would add, but particularly what he won't. Caf has a tendency to turn players into world class O'Shea's who can strike, create, cross, hold the midfield, etc.

My impression is he wouldn't be suited to be in a 2-man midfield and playing him in the hole with Cleverley behind would make us leak goals like earlier last season. But then, I have only seen about three full games (where I was actually trying to work out how good Goetze was, not him) and a bunch of Youtube clips.

Cina

Why we would let Park go when he plays a different position than Kagawa?
Because we don't really need him at all anymore, we could get a bit of cash for him and fee up wages for new players?

holyland red

"Holier-than-thou fundamentalist"
Because we don't really need him at all anymore, we could get a bit of cash for him and fee up wages for new players?
I'm disgusted with how disloyal to their club players are these days, nevermind choosing clubs based on who pays more rather than love for the club?

Unam333

Both Owen and Berbatov will be gone. Alot of money already freed up.
If anyone, Anderson should leave. I would rather have a player who's fit and had a so-so season than a player who never contributes because is never fit.

I'm always right

If anyone, Anderson should leave. I would rather have a player who's fit and had a so-so season than a player who never contributes because is never fit.
Difference is, Anderson's injury problems could clear up and any point and he could go on to be a very very good player indeed.

Park is past his peak sadly.

Unam333

Difference is, Anderson's injury problems could clear up and any point and he could go on to be a very very good player indeed.

Park is past his peak sadly.

I know Anderson's injury problems aren't his fault, but the way he lives his life as a professional and his mentality aren't ideal either. He threatened to leave the club and he was involved in those weird car accidents. I don't know what's up in his head.

If Anderson's injury problems clear up and if he loses weight and starts performing, then yes there is still potential. However, I haven't seen anything in the last few seasons that indicates that he will ever fulfill his potential.

Park is a good servant and adds depth to our squad. We can also use his experience, especially now with all those young players coming through.

Bo_7iDaR

According to google translate, we're "the British vice-champion", which I think we can all agree should be how we are widely known from now on.
According to google translate Kagawa's "research paper" was due to expire in 2013. Shame we couldn't wait until next year, we could've signed a player who is a graduate too :D

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Merely coincidental that the Kagawa deal was finalised immediately after we lost Hazard?
It was probably sealed when we were in negotiations with Kagawa himself, just a wrangle on the price is all.

I can't see Kagawa meeting us and him being told "you are second choice so if we don't get this young Belgian land who didn't do as well as you in a lesser league last season then we'll be in touch"

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
I have a Kagawa twitter search tab open now, a muppets work is never done. At least in the summer time anyway. Still no official update however.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
Anyone know what his favourite colour is??

Status
Not open for further replies.