Shithousery by your team

90 + 5min

Seeing Martinez and Bruno against Liverpool doing it and with Casemiro and (probably) Antony in a team, we will see that a lot in future. We will have 4 players in first 11 who are known for that "skill".
So what is your opinion about it? I know everybody hate it when other teams do it (especially Atletico who are masters of that dark art) but what are your feelings when your team do it?

Personally, i loved that. It was a breath of fresh air vs Liverpool and showed how much we missed that all these years. It lifts morale during the game and making other team nervous.

So, do you like it or are you annoyed when your team do it? Are you "lets not be dicks" or are you "they are dirty bastards but our dirty bastards"?:)
Having those kind of players is something any successful team needs.

ForeverRed1

Bruno refusing to give the ball to salah when they scored was majestic. Proper WUM.

Also, Martinez clattering Salah in the first few minutes was great to see… it set the tone, soon as he did they, I knew we were up for this.

Add Casemiro and Antony to this squad and we got 4 of them getting under the oppositions skin. Exactly what we need.

Bobski

I hate Bruno's rolling around pretending to be seriously hurt every 5 mins when a game starts going away from him. I can deal with straight up dives easier but the screaming and wailing with the rolling just makes me have this terrible thought that he will get a serious injury some day and I won't feel any sympathy for him.

Will Singh

Absolutely love it, it pisses off the others teams players and fans while our fans get absolutely behind our player and that gives the team an extra boost. We’ve all seen the famous pictures of Stam and Keane with a few other players screaming at the ref, yes please, let’s get that fight back in us and make Old Trafford hell for the away teams.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
One of the best moments of my football watching life was Rooney diving to win the penalty in the 2-0 that ended Arsenal's unbeaten league run. Obvious dive. Sol Campbell going ballistic. Ref buying it hook, line and sinker. Ruud sidefoots the penalty home. The cave troll Keown silenced. Arsenal's so called invincibility ended. Reyes kicked out of English football. CRY MORE. :lol:

Trophy Room

Eh..I honestly found what Bruno did after their goal to be embarrassing and another ref would have given him another yellow and sent him off, putting us in a great problem for the rest of those 8 minutes. He came out of it looking like a crybaby to be honest. Shithousery is fine, but this one was stupid.
Yeah I think he continued that for too long.

Wing Attack Plan R

I don't mind it unless it's a player trying to get someone sent off for violent conduct when it didn't really happen. Bruno rolling around pretending Salah jabbed him in the eye, for instance, took it too far. Shithousery is great when you're dishing it out, drives you insane when you're on the receiving end. Less fake injuries, more fecking with the other team, please.

Wing Attack Plan R

One of the best moments of my football watching life was Rooney diving to win the penalty in the 2-0 that ended Arsenal's unbeaten league run. Obvious dive. Sol Campbell going ballistic. Ref buying it hook, line and sinker. Ruud sidefoots the penalty home. The cave troll Keown silenced. Arsenal's so called invincibility ended. Reyes kicked out of English football. CRY MORE. :lol:
That was sweet. I hated that Arsenal team. Ray Parlour and Martin Keown are an insult to mammals. Remember the game when Ruud missed a penalty and they got up in his face screaming at him? Chickenhearted refs let it go.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
That was sweet. I hated that Arsenal team. Ray Parlour and Martin Keown are an insult to mammals. Remember the game when Ruud missed a penalty and they got up in his face screaming at him? Chickenhearted refs let it go.
How could I forget? If Ruud had scored that penalty the so called invincibles wouldn't have happened.

Those games with Arsenal were something else. I remember Keano taking a kick at Viera off the ball at Highbury, going unpunished and then scoring the goals that won us the game and then celebrating in front of the Arsenal fans. :lol:

By the standards of past teams the current Man Utd are soft. Barely complain when things go against us. Just let their heads drop and accept defeat. Hopefully a few b@$tards in the dressing room can give us a bit of devil back.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
How could I forget? If Ruud had scored that penalty the so called invincibles wouldn't have happened.

Those games with Arsenal were something else. I remember Keano taking a kick at Viera off the ball at Highbury, going unpunished and then scoring the goals that won us the game and then celebrating in front of the Arsenal fans. :lol:

By the standards of past teams the current Man Utd are soft. Barely complain when things go against us. Just let their heads drop and accept defeat. Hopefully a few b@$tards in the dressing room can give us a bit of devil back.
Today we have a captain who takes ref's side against his teammate. I was fuming when Maguire did that few times.

Gazza

I don't get upset when other teams do it, I get annoyed when weak referees are afraid to do anything about it (or give like 3 minutes of stoppage time like what happened vs Atletico).

Wing Attack Plan R

Totally agree. I sorta miss the days when even in a pub watching a game the temperature was always about to boil over.

NLunited

It‘s fine except when it is not. Remember Liverpool - Real Madrid where Salah got injured by Ramos and Karius was running around with a concussion? The Salah thing was definitely on purpose.

Elbows in the face and head butts. Also not. There was a final where De Bruijne went off with a broken face. No red card. Same for Salah shoulder crunch. Good thing we have VAR now.

Time wasting and little sneaky fouls: everyone does it (anyone good). Martinez shoulder bump and Bruno hogging the ball was great Monday.

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
I love a good sledge but faking injury to get someone sent off is bad, whoever does it. Bruno holding on to the ball was embarrassing, Martinez showing Salah who was the boss in the first minute, inspiring. That sent a message.

ColoRed

deep in the west where the sun gets dusty
Supports
Cologne / Manchester
faking injuries and diving ? Absolutely hate it. Must be an age thing, you young folks are more used to it I guess. Time wasting, physical presence to the limit and trash talk yes please.

A-man

I like shithousery but not in combo with also being a crying, whining or diving player. Unfortunately that combo is common.

Gycraig

Supports
Hull
I don’t understand peoples problems with what Bruno did holding the ball, he was was walking back to the centre circle then two idiots started trying to grab the ball out of his hands. Why wouldn’t he walk the other way, wasted time and boiled the piss of Liverpool fans and players.
I personally am sick and tired of Having an “honest” squad of cowards. Watching them be Bullied /surrounded/cheated week in week out while the rest of the team pretend they can’t see it is enraging

Glorio

Word was that ETH studied our games in detail, he must have come to the conclusion that we were too nice to compete properly.

Even if you look at the dodgy choices we went after, but thankfully abandoned like Arnautovic and Rabiot, they're all the sorts of characters you don't want to be playing against. Eriksen is the only one that's perhaps different, but even he used to have a bit of a nibble about him at Spurs.

wangyu

I thought it was glorious to see. I call it maturity and a “over my dead body” mentality. You do everything to get things your way. Bruno played his part like a grandmaster.

Loon

:lol:
The problem with Fernandes is he pisses me off as much as the rival team. It's a special brand of wizardry.

Boondog

Bruno is the Portuguese Tin Tin. Also why is there a "u" in "Portuguese." I find that to be crazy.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
Yea. It broke their spirits completely. It was initially fun watching those arsenal arrogance slowly wither away, then it became pretty sad. It took them years and years to get over it. My arsenal friends are still seething nearly 20 years on. Couldn't have it any other way.

caid

Its too common and too beneficial for me to object to my own team using it. I'd probably be more bothered if there was anything resembling sportsmanship in football.

Pass and Move

I hate it no matter who does it. I don't mind players being a bit physical like a defender letting a striker know they are there early doors, but the playacting, the tactical fouls, the time wasting, it's all a sign of weakness. I wish refs would recognise it more and punish it appropriately.

I'd much rather my team be so imperious we need never lose our cool. Peak Federer would never resort to shithousery as he simply never needed to.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
I'm perfectly fine with us doing it, we've been done by it quite a few times recently. feck every other time engaging in that, though. I'm a simple man

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Can one forget? Those moments in United vs Arsenal games - shoving RVN, the tunnel argument etc were for me the most hard hitting and iconic moments I've witnessed in the PL. At least away from the actual football. That rivalry was on a different level of intensity.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Romero on Havertz in the Spurs Chelsea game of a few weeks ago….now that was prime shithousery. Wound Havertz up so far that Tuchel subbed him off before he got himself sent off