Shooting at Dallas Protest - 5 police killed

Nobby style

Tooting Colombia to Tooting Bec and back again
His speech was much more appropriate than what Obama had to say.
So go on, tell us why. Specifics. And what do you think of that incredibly disrespectful display by George Bush with his beaming smile and swaying behaviour as if he were on meds or drunk. Did you see how he bumped his wife brusquely while trying to gospel out with an embarrassed Michelle? I mean, wtf?

Skizzo

So go on, tell us why. Specifics. And what do you think of that incredibly disrespectful display by George Bush with his beaming smile and swaying behaviour as if he were on meds or drunk. Did you see how he bumped his wife brusquely while trying to gospel out with an embarrassed Michelle? I mean, wtf?
Compare the two speeches and tell me which sounds like an actual tribute to the fallen, and which tries to squeeze in political messages and use that platform to push something across. Even if you agree with his message (which, fwiw, I do agree with gun control) it certainly wasn't the time or place for it when there's grieving spouses and children who just lost their husbands and fathers in a horrible way.

I have no particular fondness of Dubya, and I certainly don't think the actions in the video were appropriate, but I was commenting solely on the actual speeches of both. You can certainly criticize him for the wiggles, but I don't see why criticism can't be handed out elsewhere also.

My 0.02 cents.

Nobby style

Compare the two speeches and tell me which sounds like an actual tribute to the fallen, and which tries to squeeze in political messages and use that platform to push something across. Even if you agree with his message (which, fwiw, I do agree with gun control) it certainly wasn't the time or place for it when there's grieving spouses and children who just lost their husbands and fathers in a horrible way.

I have no particular fondness of Dubya, and I certainly don't think the actions in the video were appropriate, but I was commenting solely on the actual speeches of both. You can certainly criticize him for the wiggles, but I don't see why criticism can't be handed out elsewhere also.

My 0.02 cents.
Erm, one is a sitting president, and also an African American, who has been incredibly disrespected by right wing America throughout his presidency and has been put in an almost incomprehensibly difficult situation by this shooting. He is not only talking to these people, but to all of America as well. Many are hoping and praying he would take this opportunity to go beyond the grieving and say something of substance to a country in a horrific state of gun violence. He is the twice elected president of the United States. It was exactly the time and place. Seems like you´re holding Obama to one standard while amazingly, the pathetic ex president who acts like a jolly drugged up monkey gets a pass. It was most definitely not the time and place for Bush´s goofy antics.

Of course he should have brought up gun control. There are loads of people in the audience without a father, brother, friend and colleague because of the ease in which mentally ill people can get guns. He must be so sick and tired of these speeches. Seriously, can you blame him?

I wish he would've brought up the white elephant in the room, i.e., what in the hell is military service doing to the psyche of young men and women in America. 25% of the homeless in America are veterans, and, believe it or not (look it up), it is estimated 20 veterans commit suicide daily. WTF??!!

Skizzo

Erm, one is a sitting president, and also an African American, who has been incredibly disrespected by right wing America throughout his presidency and has been put in an almost incomprehensibly difficult situation by this shooting. He is not only talking to these people, but to all of America as well. Many are hoping and praying he would take this opportunity to go beyond the grieving and say something of substance to a country in a horrific state of gun violence. He is the twice elected president of the United States. It was exactly the time and place. Seems like you´re holding Obama to one standard while amazingly, the pathetic ex president who acts like a jolly drugged up monkey gets a pass. It was most definitely not the time and place for Bush´s goofy antics.

Of course he should have brought up gun control. There are loads of people in the audience without a father, brother, friend and colleague because of the ease in which mentally ill people can get guns. He must be so sick and tired of these speeches. Seriously, can you blame him?

I wish he would've brought up the white elephant in the room, i.e., what in the hell is military service doing to the psyche of young men and women in America. 25% of the homeless in America are veterans, and, believe it or not (look it up), it is estimated 20 veterans commit suicide daily. WTF??!!
I'm not going to jump into an argument with you about it. Like I said, even if I do agree with his message, I don't think it was an appropriate time for it. Obviously you think otherwise, and here we are. I made a passing comment, not intended to blow open his whole presidency and criticize his agenda. However, we are also coming at it from different sides, and I know which speech my family would find more comforting if I'd just been gunned down at a protest. Believe it or not, I like Obama more than Bush, and think Obama has had to deal with all sorts of unfair Bs during his entire two stints.

Anyway, now I'm rambling :)

Nobby style

I'm not going to jump into an argument with you about it. Like I said, even if I do agree with his message, I don't think it was an appropriate time for it. Obviously you think otherwise, and here we are. I made a passing comment, not intended to blow open his whole presidency and criticize his agenda. However, we are also coming at it from different sides, and I know which speech my family would find more comforting if I'd just been gunned down at a protest. Believe it or not, I like Obama more than Bush, and think Obama has had to deal with all sorts of unfair Bs during his entire two stints.

Anyway, now I'm rambling :)
I just think from a pastor you would expect a totally personal approach, but from a president of the United States in the position of leading a country in the midst of unbelievable gun violence, you would have to expect a word or two. I think if my dad or brother was gunned down by an ex military loon on a rampage, I would be offended had not the president addressed mental illness and gun violence in this country.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
What boggles my mind is the idiocy of stating (sic) "I never doubted him as my leader" in regards to Bush while constantly claiming Obama as a radical terrorist sympathizer and not a leader. While I agree with some sentiment that Obama certainly could have been a more powerful leader in some areas of his presidency, the lunacy of placing Bush on some kind of pedestal is sheer madness, as is the idiocy of claiming the world respects the US less with Obama in office while ignoring that he's done much to rebuild America's relations with foreign nations. Then blaming Obama for the rise of Daesh after pulling out of Iraq (which is factual that a timetable for withdraw was actually set by Bush and ilk).

Bush ignored warning signs of an imminent terrorist attack on the US and then plunged the nation into an illegal, unwarranted war in Iraq (partially culpable in wrecking the economy) and doing so turned our collective backs against his vow to build the Afghani infrastructure. Idiots claim Clinton is a killer for the Benghazi attack yet never claim Bush as a murderer despite the loss of 4,500 American soldiers in Iraq, and countless consulate and embassy attacks. This is where blind devotion to an ideology/party is frightening and sickening.

Nobby style

What boggles my mind is the idiocy of stating (sic) "I never doubted him as my leader" in regards to Bush while constantly claiming Obama as a radical terrorist sympathizer and not a leader. While I agree with some sentiment that Obama certainly could have been a more powerful leader in some areas of his presidency, the lunacy of placing Bush on some kind of pedestal is sheer madness, as is the idiocy of claiming the world respects the US less with Obama in office while ignoring that he's done much to rebuild America's relations with foreign nations. Then blaming Obama for the rise of Daesh after pulling out of Iraq (which is factual that a timetable for withdraw was actually set by Bush and ilk).

Bush ignored warning signs of an imminent terrorist attack on the US and then plunged the nation into an illegal, unwarranted war in Iraq (partially culpable in wrecking the economy) and doing so turned our collective backs against his vow to build the Afghani infrastructure. Idiots claim Clinton is a killer for the Benghazi attack yet never claim Bush as a murderer despite the loss of 4,500 American soldiers in Iraq, and countless consulate and embassy attacks. This is where blind devotion to an ideology/party is frightening and sickening.
Amen! Well said.