Should DDG start in the EL semi-finals? | José disagrees with the caf

Who should be in goal for the Europa League semi-finals?

• De Gea

Votes: 253 46.4%
  • Romero

Votes: 208 38.2%
  • Rooney

Votes: 84 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Morpheus 7

You play your best keeper, De Gea should play. Romero has been good but De Gea is better. It's crunch time now and cl football is on the line, we need to play our best team.

Aza Boy

Are you seriously suggesting if DDG leaves it's because we didn't play him in a EL game?
Where's the part of leaving did i talk ???
Read it carefully, just dont make a junk comment to add your post status.

It is semi now, all the team will play their best XI because next Champiom League is the stake.

Strategic wise, playing one of the best Keepers in the world (while being harrased internally by some fans here) will bring benefit.

First, our back four will be more confident.
Second, our opposition will have more pressure to play.

Oh yes, you may not be aware of this, cause you just blatantly say DDG will leave, Romero has earned this, DDG head is in RM, bla bla...all assumptions words.

Romero just did what an regular employee at the office like me did, when your boss told you to work you work...nothing special...

Special_One

Before Anderlecht, someone asked about Romero being the EL 'keeper and Jose said no, he's the 'keeper for Anderlecht. If he goes with Romero, fine. If he goes with de Gea, fine. Both have proven more than good enough when called upon, and we won't win the game in defence, we'll win it up front.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
Before Anderlecht, someone asked about Romero being the EL 'keeper and Jose said no, he's the 'keeper for Anderlecht. If he goes with Romero, fine. If he goes with de Gea, fine. Both have proven more than good enough when called upon, and we won't win the game in defence, we'll win it up front.
this is pretty much it

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Where's the part of leaving did i talk ???
Read it carefully, just dont make a junk comment to add your post status.

It is semi now, all the team will play their best XI because next Champiom League is the stake.

Strategic wise, playing one of the best Keepers in the world (while being harrased internally by some fans here) will bring benefit.

First, our back four will be more confident.
Second, our opposition will have more pressure to play.

Oh yes, you may not be aware of this, cause you just blatantly say DDG will leave, Romero has earned this, DDG head is in RM, bla bla...all assumptions words.

Romero just did what an regular employee at the office like me did, when your boss told you to work you work...nothing special...
Here's where...

DDG...We will play in Spain..no doubt in my mind, as Spanish no. 1, Goal Keeper, he will play with all of his might...

And his past experience playing in the La Liga will also help...If we don't play him, he will go, and we will be sorry...

No offence for Romero, but with current defensive lines situation, unless he comes at beast a la Navas, he will drown in the stress-full zone...Remember, most of EL game, there's Bally who ease Romero task. If there's no Bally, need to change the Goalie...

Just my 2 cents...
Funny how you talk about assuming but your entire post is an assumption.

You assumed I think DDG is gone/head is elsewhere.
You assumed I think Romero has earnt it.
You assumed I made a 'junk comment' to add to my post status.

Do you think my post status means anything? Do you think I care If I have 10, 10,000 or 100,000 posts?

You're completely condescending and don't come across very well at all.

Devil81

100%

Why on earth would we not play the world's best goalkeeper in the competition we need to win the most.

If he's gotta keep his promise of games to Romero, play the lad in the league games.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
If we get through tonight, then he now has to start in the final. God help him if he makes a mistake which costs us CL football.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Our only 2 defeats in this competition came with De Gea playing

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Stupid idea is a stupid idea, even if it ends up not costing us.

It's one thing if you think Romero is a genuinely better pick than De Gea. I mean I think that's utterly bizzare given the obvious gap in class between the two, but whatever.

The notion that we should pick Romero just because we owe him in some way is complete nonsense though. His job as backup keeper is to play when it suits us and to be benched when it suits us. If you think De Gea is the better keeper then De Gea should be playing in our biggest game. Deliberately picking an inferior player is weird.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Romero should, and will, start the final too.
If we get there.

Web of Bissaka

Jose's keeper selection so far in the whole EL games is proven right.

I'll trust whatever his selection would be for the finale.

Considering our shabby defence unit after Rojo gets injured, I would fancy Romero to start, mainly to handle the threatening crosses (De Gea's big weakness) and to organize the defense during open play and especially set pieces (again De Gea's poor at this).

lsd

The Oracle
Not even close.
You really haven't watched properly if you honestly think that ...De Gea is a better keeper but this season Romero has played better and looked more secure ..