Should Pogba play as a 10 in front of two defensive midfielders?

borrays

It's Steven Gerrard's situation all over again. A brilliant player with zero tactical nous (play purely on instinct), play him as Left Midfielder with freedom to roaming to the centre (like Seedorf at Milan), maybe we can still save his career here.

Nikelesh Reddy

It's Steven Gerrard's situation all over again. A brilliant player with zero tactical nous (play purely on instinct), play him as Left Midfielder with freedom to roaming to the centre (like Seedorf at Milan), maybe we can still save his career here.
But Gerrard did adapt when he was in his mid-twenties...He became an all round midfielder....he was excellent in both boxes and he learnt how to run the tempo of a game.He worked much much harder than Pogba....Pogba needs to substantially improve his work ethic and his defensive nous if he wants to establish himself in English football...Or he should start scoring/assisting 30 plus goals a season....

davidmichael

No Pogba should 100% NOT play as a 10, he should be played on the left side of a 3 man midfield and not just because that’s HIS best position or the formation that is best for him.

Herrera, Matic, Pogba, Sanchez, Rashford and Martial all play better in a 4-3-3 as well and 5 of those 6 (Lukaku would still play over Rashford for me currently) would be in my first choice front 6 of players currently in our squad.

Having Herrera’s energy alongside Matic helps Matic to no end and also allows Pogba to do his thing further forward without being restricted by defensive duties, all 3 of them are better in a 3 and McTominay can very easily do Herrera’s job if McTominay plays as form has dictated.

I said last season that the only player that benefited from us playing 4-2-3-1 with a 10 was Rooney and at a push Mata (although I think Mata has played better for us in a 4-3-3 and on the right) and this season it’s the same as the only player that benefits from that formation is Lingard, I think Lingard has been brilliant this season and exceeded expectations BUT I wouldn’t sacrifice everyone else playing the formation that is best for them for him.

MUFC OK

'Number 8' or left side of a midfield 3 is his best position. He needs to have the freedom to roam out to the left hand side and have the space to dribble. The game against Everton he played in his best position and looked the real deal.

A left fullback (Alex Sandro) and a playmaker (Veratti ideally) with Matic as the anchor would be perfect for us in my opinion and would allow pogba to shine.