Should the club drop Aeroflot as a sponsor? | Dropped

Offsideagain

Given what’s going on in Ukraine, should the club drop the association with Aeroflot or just take the money and support the Russians?

Skills

Snitch
Feel like the right time for the club to make a heel turn

Jericholyte2

A quick Google shows all papers with stories that we’re prepping to end the deal.

caid

Yes. Any and every opportunity to stop support of russia in any and every regard should be taken.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I'm not sure what the justification for not doing so would be.

Water Melon

With sanctions having been announced, Aeroflot will no longer be seen in OT or UK as a whole. Flipping great. I am not flying them anytime soon either.

DanH

Yes, regardless of whether we can get the same value from another sponsor.

Oranges038

If there’s a big surge of clubs dropping their association with Russian sponsors etc, what do Chelsea do?
Considering they are about 2bn in debt to one, now might be a good time to cut all ties and leave the debt.

Ken Bates can then buy them again for a pound and they can go back to having player managers and the odd good cup run.

dove

Most likely the legal process of terminating the contracts have already started.

crossy1686

career ending
They’ve been banned from operating in the UK so I would bet all sponsorship payments in the UK have stopped also, so I would expect United to make a statement soon about removal of their logo on anything and everything

dalriada

With Aeroflot now banned from flying into the UK, it should be an easy decision to drop them, but it would absolutely the right thing to do; as should any other clubs with connections to state-backed Russian enterprises.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Just like we prepare transfer bids? So nothing will happen then.

Shame on the club.
Effectively we stopped using them as of Tuesday given we didn't use them to fly out of the UK, so we actually pre-empted it in effect.

Probably just working on a proper press release.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Considering they are about 2bn in debt to one, now might be a good time to cut all ties and leave the debt.

Ken Bates can then buy them again for a pound and they can go back to having player managers and the odd good cup run.
Sure. While we’re at it, we will return to bring your bogey team. Those big wins were a lot more sweeter back then.

In all honesty, nothing is going to change at Chelsea.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Effectively we stopped using them as of Tuesday given we didn't use them to fly out of the UK, so we actually pre-empted it in effect.

Probably just working on a proper press release.
They only did that to avoid ending up stranded in Spain. A properly run organization would have had a plan in place to immediately end that relationship once Russia invaded Ukraine. The club's reputation is at stake here and that is not something a properly run organization takes lightly.

Shimo

Schalke have removed the Gazprom mention from their sleeves. UK PM has banned Aeroflot flights from what I saw.

United would do well to disassociate themselves with them.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
We should be faxing over the termination notice right now.

Then get a sponsorship with Pepe's Peri Peri. Yum.

stevoc

Yes and the club should think about entering into other sponsorships associated with questionable regimes in the future.

CallyRed

Yes they should. The replacement deal with Ryanair can't come soon enough