Should we consider selling Pogba?

fps

I think he can only play for team that’s at the top. He would go Bayern and look incredible. His a YouTube, highlights player that needs quality and protection around him. Never a player that can transform a team in transition and 100% can’t be a player you build a team around. That’s why his a sideman for France.
Lots of players would look better at Bayern but only as better players carried them

Water Melon

Before selling Pogba we need to find a manager who will show progress and will get 100% support of the Board. Then we let this manager decide what to do with the squad. I do not trust Ole when it comes to transfers and his judgement and use of players. The amount of money we spent on AWB, slabhead, Dan James and Ighalo and the output we have got from them are not comparable. Bring in a manager that will improve what he has at his disposal first, make sure it is the right call and only then trust him with transfers.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Honestly done with this guy. Doesn’t matter who the manager is or what the setup is, he will always be a streaky player with occasional purple patches. The rest of the times he will be a passenger barely worthy of 3/10 ratings.

A player needing 10 great players around him to shine is not a great player himself but a luxury player. For a supposedly 'world class' player on world class wages that’s not anywhere near good enough.

The only reason he should get a new contract is with a view of selling for 80m in the summer. But watch us give him a 5+ year deal with the most astronomical wages meaning no other clubs can afford him and he'll continue to stink up the place for years to come.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Honestly done with this guy. Doesn’t matter who the manager is or what the setup is, he will always be a streaky player with occasional purple patches. The rest of the times he will be a passenger barely worthy of 3/10 ratings.

A player needing 10 great players around him to shine is not a great player himself but a luxury player. For a supposedly 'world class' player on world class wages that’s not anywhere near good enough.

The only reason he should get a new contract is with a view of selling for 80m in the summer. But watch us give him a 5+ year deal with the most astronomical wages meaning no other clubs can afford him and he'll continue to stink up the place for years to come.
And this is only feasible if he has a cracking season but no club with good finances is gonna be interested in the current Pogba. I never thought it'd be this bad, I wanted him to stay but now I just hope we sell him at any cost, everyone would win.

thepolice123

I think he can only play for team that’s at the top. He would go Bayern and look incredible. His a YouTube, highlights player that needs quality and protection around him. Never a player that can transform a team in transition and 100% can’t be a player you build a team around. That’s why his a sideman for France.
He'd be surplus over there. No way he is getting in the starting XI over Kimmich and Goretzka, both who are German, very much younger and has incredible work-rate.

Saccharine

The team needs a more consistent an reliable player than Pogba who really is a luxury at this point.
Yes he may create something out of nothing but the rest of the rime he is a liability.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
The team needs a more consistent an reliable player than Pogba who really is a luxury at this point.
Yes he may create something out of nothing but the rest of the rime he is a liability.
This...in a nutshell!

Seems to play for himself thinking he's the dog's bollocks but he has been dog shit TBH

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I can't imagine anyone would take him for the kind of money we'd be looking for now quite frankly. What a disappointing signing he has been.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Probably better with Sancho on and Pogba off. There was a debate about it last time in transfer thread but it becomes more convincing that it’s better to have Sancho who can provide creativity on the right flank since we have defensive right back than having Pogba in XI. We already have Bruno to offer the creativity in middle which makes Sancho’s role in the team much more needed than Pogba.

Infra-red

I can't imagine anyone would take him for the kind of money we'd be looking for now quite frankly. What a disappointing signing he has been.
Yeah, when he signed I really thought he could be the catalyst to us finally getting back to being decent. He's been a huge let down on the pitch and he's predictably allowed his shitbag agent to stir things up off the pitch. Overall, a massive disappointment who will probably limp out of here on a free transfer in 2022.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I rate Pogba highly but he is the flaw in the midfield often losing the ball easily, I really like him but he's not at his best.

dogwithabone

Great, virtually unplayable, on his day but those days are few and far between. Unfortunately I think we are stuck with him for the time being.

TheLord

I would even dare say that his signing from Juventus has dragged the United team backwards. Simply because of the insane €105 million transfer tag, it was always assumed that he was the most important element in the squad, the one big-name player recruited to orchestrate the midfield, the superstar, and the future of United around whom the team would be built. Looking beyond him was unthinkable.

Four years later, we have realised that lots of money has been put down the drain, and the central midfield still looks as bad as it was during Moysey’s days.

Pogba has been worse than Sanchez in terms of financial and long-term developmental complications at United.

MiracleInMadrid

You just know that we will miss out on a right wing in this window and therefore conclude a very underwhelmning transfer window, only for the club to announce a new monster contract for Pogba in the coming month or so.

shaky

Before selling Pogba we need to find a manager who will show progress and will get 100% support of the Board. Then we let this manager decide what to do with the squad. I do not trust Ole when it comes to transfers and his judgement and use of players. The amount of money we spent on AWB, slabhead, Dan James and Ighalo and the output we have got from them are not comparable. Bring in a manager that will improve what he has at his disposal first, make sure it is the right call and only then trust him with transfers.
Well, this is just a pipe dream isn't it. No manager will get 100% support from this board. They seem determined to withdraw support whenever we start threatening to have something to build on.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
He has to be dropped for VdB next game. Possibly with McT as the 3rd man.

redmanx

There are no options with pogba. The suits won't allow him to be sold or loaned. Even if they would, I doubt Madrid or PSG are interested in him at this point, even at 40-50mil. There are no other possible destination clubs for him. A loan back to Juventus would be embarrassing and wouldn't really solve anything. What's left? Bench him, long term. Let him show there's an ounce of desire in him(I don't believe there is) through training and substitute/cup appearances. Let him leave at the end of his contract on a free with himself and the club mutually embarrassed. What a disaster signing he's been. Much worse, and more expensive, than DiMaria. Lose, Lose, Lose
More and more are coming to realise this, surely even his fan club on this forum can find no more excuses for his consistently mediocre performances?

Cardozo

I preferred us when Bruno came in and Pogba was out so happy to go back to that.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
In all honesty, who would take Pogba anyway? He's showed absolutely nothing but flashes when here.

Should we sell him? Yes. Will someone take him? Na.

redmanx

The most fun part is that we let him go for free to Juventus. Shambles
Just get rid of him and use the money we save from not paying to but somebody who actually wants to play. When Fred came on yesterday he really tried to get things going, make things happen, he must feel pretty miffed that after playing a huge part in our run of successes after lock down he was dropped for a player who may have more talent but has nowhere near Freds work ethic.

redmanx

I preferred us when Bruno came in and Pogba was out so happy to go back to that.
When we resumed after the lock down we went on a great run and Fred was superb in midfield, but then he was dropped and Pogba reinstated and we struggled from that moment on and are still struggling.

romufc

Surely, we cannot give him a bumper contract. This will be making same mistakes and not learning.

I would sell Pogba for a cut price next summer. He does not deserve a new contract.

Sell Pogba and get in a midfielder who can run and is aggressive.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
How much is he REALLY worth though? Paid 90 but I don’t see the biggest teams going for more than half of that. They can just buy another player and make them better than Pogba is.

Intheflatfield

Supports
The mighty Red Devils
Sir Alex didn't trust him because of his inconsistency. Nothing has changed. I say get rid and buy someone who will give 100% every game.

redmanx

The blame for our current run of poor performances doesnt lie solely on Pogbas shoulders, others are just as culpable including Woodward and to a degree Ole too, but Pogba has only ever performed well in patches and those patches are becoming fewer and farther between. As a marquee signing and as a senior player he should be doing more and getting more from his team mates, but he doesnt seem interested. Nobody can expect him to be brilliant every minute of every game, but the very least he should do is to give the impression he cares and to put in a bit of effort to help his team mates.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I'd say we'll look a better team without him. We might not look flashy enough at first but the sum will be greater without him
I'm a massive fan of Pogba, with the talent that he has, he really ought to be considered on a par with De Bruyne, but even I have to admit, he just doesn't put the shift in that he should.
Donny should be taking his place, and I think would give us much better balance in midfield.

I just have the feeling though that Pogba is just running down his contract and will leave on a free, or a ridiculously low fee.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I'm a massive fan of Pogba, with the talent that he has, he really ought to be considered on a par with De Bruyne, but even I have to admit, he just doesn't put the shift in that he should.
Donny should be taking his place, and I think would give us much better balance in midfield.

I just have the feeling though that Pogba is just running down his contract and will leave on a free, or a ridiculously low fee.
He is, he's been playing us since last year.

Showboating, not giving a feck, he's taking the piss as it is. If only he knuckles down and at least try (honestly try with heart) he'll be performing much better.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
The blame for our current run of poor performances doesnt lie solely on Pogbas shoulders, others are just as culpable including Woodward and to a degree Ole too, but Pogba has only ever performed well in patches and those patches are becoming fewer and farther between. As a marquee signing and as a senior player he should be doing more and getting more from his team mates, but he doesnt seem interested. Nobody can expect him to be brilliant every minute of every game, but the very least he should do is to give the impression he cares and to put in a bit of effort to help his team mates.
We defended him and fired Mourinho, now his head's too big to handle.

No player should be bigger than the team, but alas Pogba is

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Phase him the feck out. VDB is the future in his position. I fecking guarantee he'll be a better player for us in the long run than Pogba.

el3mel

Can only see it going one way next summer then. This will be his last season for us unless another outrageous thing like Corona happens again.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
You just cannot rely on him. You dont know which Pogba will turn up.

I think we should let him go. I think our best football last year came when he was out injured.

redmanx

We defended him and fired Mourinho, now his head's too big to handle.

No player should be bigger than the team, but alas Pogba is
Pogba only thinks he's bigger than the club, once he's gone he'll be forgotten within 2 years.