Should we consider selling Pogba?

el3mel

You get my point though? Bruno plays in a position he is comfortable and performs which you would expect.

Pogba at Juve gives us insight into how to get the best out of him and his start for us wasn't too bad either

I think there can be variables that affect players so Bruno doesn't have say Zlatan in then team so is on penalty duty etc if you see what I mean.

I'm not against selling Pogba. As much for him as the club tbh

What worries me is what we do if we do sell him. Nothing shows me we are learning and signing dvb is an example of signing a decent player which isn't a priority

As for Sancho, I'm of the opinion that Ed messing about was terrible but (and I expect some to slate me here) £108m for him should have been laughed at and quashed immediately. Too much of a gamble for me and not worth that imho
The problem with Pogba is he has played in almost every single CM position during his time with United and has never been consistent in any of them, hence the harsh criticism for him.

Pogba's supposed best position is on the left of 4-3-3, not behind the forward. I remember Allegri tried to play him behind the forward for Juve at certain period and it was a disaster of a period for the team, then they shifted back to 4-3-3.

The question is if playing this specific formation will suit anyone else bar Pogba in the team ? The answer doesn't seem "yes". Bruno seems to be in his best as a clear number 10 behind the forward, and Matic needs someone to help him in defensive work, beside, Pogba really didn't show any signs of consistent performance that will make it worth disturbing other players who play well regularly in their favorite position to suit him. He's not the kind of player that's worth it.

Stretender

And of course, it is always a bit different for 'local boys' like Rashy and Mason. (even a Stevie G)
But you must have followed football long enough to know that Real Madrid is every player's dream. It is just different. there is reason why CR7 went there. They had the Galacticos for a reason. all those CL wins. The most legendary club. GGMU!!!
Stay off the sauce or should I say cheap sauce.

Jibbs

This, we are in trouble, I think it will be a choice of either A) Sell him off on the cheap or B) Renew his contract with extortionate wages - Neither of which reflect positively on us.
I will not give him a new contract. Sell him back either to Juventus and get de Ligt in exchange or give him.to Madrid for Valverde plus cash.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Should have sold this summer and fund Sancho.
To whom? No one had any serious money. If we were really desperate, we could maybe have loaned him to Real with an option to buy for something way below what we paid.

It would make sense to extend his deal, and then see where we are next summer with regards to the market and whether or not he wants to be here then, or fits into what the then manager wants.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Look at De Bruyne for City. He can play the 10, on the right, in MF. Hell even Baldiola played as a false 9 against us in the league cup last year. He plays good in all positions.

Then with Pogba it is, "We have to play him in this or that position, to get the best out of him." No. He just is not as good as De Bruyne.

forevrared

Calculated move by going into this season seemingly happy, only to start talking about Madrid again as soon as the transfer window closes.

We’ll activate the extension and get considerably less money for him when we sell him in the summer with only a year on his contract. Woody played for a fool yet again.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
If we sell him, he's going to a move to another big club, but one that is properly set up on the footballing side, and he's going to be brilliant.
So what?
Hes not brilliant for us. May as well go be brilliant for someone else

Joseunited

Fergie knew what he was doing when he let him go.He has no God given right to start every game. Ole needs to show a bit of bottle and stick him on the bench.He can fight for his place or free up some much needed transfer funds.

K_Ash

This is a windup surely. Not everyone dreams of playing for Real Madrid. Plenty of players dream of playing for big other big clubs. Bayern is a huge club and so is Juve, Barca and up to end of SAF, United too.
I don't know how old you are ..but it has always been RMadrid over all other clubs you have listed. FACT! I am not a RM fan but I can recognize that.

clarkydaz

Calculated move by going into this season seemingly happy, only to start talking about Madrid again as soon as the transfer window closes.

We’ll activate the extension and get considerably less money for him when we sell him in the summer with only a year on his contract. Woody played for a fool yet again.
Players always drop their bombshells when away on international duty.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Yes, true. I was kind of disturbed by that celebration as well. It felt very weird but It could also be because he hasn't scored in a long time and that kick started his campaign. I agree with the rest of your theory as well, what do you think is the problem with him then?
Its highly speculative and maybe a bit unfair, i also hate to say Sourness is right, but i think there might be some truth to all his bile. I wont go as far as to call him selfish and lazy, but he most certainly has some attitude and motivational issues. At his best hes nearly unplayable and at his worst he easily manages to look like the worst player on the pitch, and that cant just be fitness, it has to be something more.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
It is not a crime to talk about race in life unless you are prejudiced.
No it's not a crime but when it's used without context over and over it becomes an obsession and all it does is wind people up which could make me believe that your post is a complete bell end because what you're doing is far more serious than general wumming.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Start by doubling that and you may have a start, stress on may.

Would be good to see him play for Real Madrid though, at least he will get to play as a LCM over there and not forced into a DM role because he is big or black.
So Ole is racist? Bloody fecking hell, what a car crash of a post.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
If anything, I hope he fecks off for Madrid so some of his fans and not actual United fans feck off to Real Madrid forum from here.

cyberman

Now it s straight from the horse mouth. But it in past couple of years the statements made by his agent and his brother were obvious to anyone with more than 3 brain cells.
If his heart is elsewhere it makes no sense keeping him here.
But his agent has cone out and said he will stay, even in this interview its 99 percent about loving Utd and how Ed will be around with a contract offer.
Its weird to ignore that and focus on a polite answer. I mean, what if we dont offer a contract? Why burn a bridge?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Anyway, that newbie killed what i wanted to say. Ah, i know.
We still didn't offer him a new contract. So now we are in danger losing him for half of price or even for free 2022. Our policy of giving new contracts is disaster.

I would keep him. He is fantastic player. But if he wants to leave then, because of his contract, winter is time to sell

AFC NimbleThumb

Selling Pogba doesn't resolve our issues, especially if any money made doesn't buy what we need.

Bruno was a great signing as it turned out and dvb looks yo be decent too, however surely a partner for matic would have been the priority because arguably we have the Bruno player in Pogba

I still don't get why Pogba plays next to matic. Why not try Bruno there moving Pogba forward and see what happens. Would Bruno get the same criticism if he fails?
This./

It’s overdue that Pogba should leave at this point as it’s rather clear both player & club don’t chime but the real question is why can’t we get a tune out of such a talented midfield duo.

Bruno is the new toy but even his form has rapidly declined of late & you have to ask why.

So we sell Pogba. We’ve already bought his replacement in DVdB so can we really see those funds being attributed correctly across the squad? I highly doubt it.

Pogba is far from blameless & he hasn’t reached expectations but by the time he’d let Aurier go for Spurs 5th [you know whilst being played as an LW!] our £200+ million defence had shown their arses - of all the places we need to improve we shouldn’t be starting with our World Cup winning midfielder imo.

No Love

@Forevergiggs1 @Andycoleno9

Don’t get sucked into his antics. For me, he’s been on a massive wind up for quite some time now. His posts are some of the most arrogant, biased and potentially inflammatory around here. After the Palace match he said he hadn’t seen the game, then a few short posts later was claiming that the problem was that Pogba was unfit and that was the sole reason for his poor performance. Not to mention his bizarre obsession with skin colour. That’s what you’re dealing with.

In terms of something a bit more relevant, it looks like we’re back to playing this game with Pogba. Just sell. We’ve had far bigger and better players than him come and go. It would’ve been great had it worked out; however, for me, you simply cannot rely on him week in, week out.

DevTheRed

I think it’s got to the point with Pogba that he causes more problems than he solves. On his day he is a world class player and I don’t think many would argue that, but he goes through such long spells of inconsistency that it just causes problems.

Whether that’s because he has to be played in z position or has to play with y teammate. We now have two established attacking midfielders in Bruno and VDB, I don’t think we rely on Pogba as much as we used to. I think we are in dire need of a proper deep lying playmaker, and selling Pogba would fund that.

zenith

I'm bored of pogba and his excuses now. Would happily let him go if we got in the region of 60 million.

We have already effectively replaced him with VDB and the most balanced midfield pairing seems to be matic and Fred.

Besides, pool title winning run has shown that a super star midfielder is not necessary for delivering consistent results

Glorio

@Forevergiggs1 @Andycoleno9

Don’t get sucked into his antics. For me, he’s been on a massive wind up for quite some time now. His posts are some of the most arrogant, biased and potentially inflammatory around here. After the Palace match he said he hadn’t seen the game, then a few short posts later was claiming that the problem was that Pogba was unfit and that was the sole reason for his poor performance. Not to mention his bizarre obsession with skin colour. That’s what you’re dealing with.

In terms of something a bit more relevant, it looks like we’re back to playing this game with Pogba. Just sell. We’ve had far bigger and better players than him come and go. It would’ve been great had it worked out; however, for me, you simply cannot rely on him week in, week out.
You can't, and this circus that follows him is not worth it.

None of the high intensity coaches will want him, so it seems Madrid or PSG would be the only reasonable suitors big enough to pay who would want him.

Maybe Juve as well

wolvored

I agree but I didn't mean like for like. Pogba is a first team player and whether we think it or not is seen as an integral part of the team. If he is sold I would expect us to buy another midfielder that walks straight into our starting 11. That is what I'm dubious about.
We already bought VDB and he cant do any worse than Pogba and should be given a chance with Bruno

wolvored

Start by doubling that and you may have a start, stress on may.

Would be good to see him play for Real Madrid though, at least he will get to play as a LCM over there and not forced into a DM role because he is big or black.
:lol: No way. No one will pay that for him.

No Love

You can't, and this circus that follows him is not worth it.

None of the high intensity coaches will want him, so it seems Madrid or PSG would be the only reasonable suitors big enough to pay who would want him.

Maybe Juve as well
I agree, man. Those three clubs are the only likely destinations I see for him.

wolvored

I don't know how old you are ..but it has always been RMadrid over all other clubs you have listed. FACT! I am not a RM fan but I can recognize that.
Messi did he dream of RM Lewandowski who turned them down, same as Aguero I could list more if you like