Should we consider selling Pogba?

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
I dont get it.

Were we not in agreement that it was all caused by him not wanting to play for Mourinho? What is the problem now?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Either that or he becomes the most expensive sub in the world.

Whenever I see him starting a game I don't think, "oh this should be good"... I think "hopefully he doesn't feck up"

tjb

For all the people saying he was better than Bruno. BS. That first half performance was on the three in midfield who couldn't bring the ball out from the back or recover the ball from arsenals midfield. I expected him to have more involvement in at least helping us get the ball out of our territory, especially since we all know about the passing limitations of fred and mctominay, but he was anonymous.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
If he was a 21 year old playing like this, fine. The talent is obvious so you hope he matures into a top player.

He's 27 though. He's not going to get much better than this and this isn't anywhere near what the fee we paid or the reputation he has warrants.

If his price is still artificially inflated by his reputation, we should certainly sell. Because that reputation only gets more and more damaged season on season.

Mind you, I talk about his reputation like people consider him a top class footballer. In reality his current reputations seems to be for being overrated and unreliable. So maybe that ship has sailed.

MattofManchester

Let him go be a superstar somewhere else, while we sign another mediocre player and finish 15th while shouting that Ole is still the man.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
I'd let him go on a free.

He extracted a massive amount of money out of United, we paid a ridiculous fee for him and he gave us almost nothing.

I'd remember him as one of the worst United players ever.

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
Great player and obviously has talent but he’s not doing it for United in the PL for some reason and it’s incredibly frustrating.

I think we should be considering it.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He was atrocious all game, the best thing he did is winning a free kick close to the box. All in all after conceding another penalty, at least he'll be benched for a while.

The biggest difference between him and Bruno is that Fernandes always has an idea. Even if he fails, you can see what he was trying to do.
In Pogba’s case, he clearly has no idea what is happening around him.

siw2007

He is the most skilful player in the team, but he plays a totally different game to us and he is a liability off the ball. As good as he is, we need to put the team first and drop him. I wouldn't be against selling him if it meant we could recruit a player who would be a better fit for our team.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
How long do we need to wait for him to start playing world-class football and be the leader?

For me that's too much and he'll never make it here.

We should sell him to Madrid, the problem is, though, they don't necessarily need him. And he could be too expensive, even for them.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Great player and obviously has talent but he’s not doing it for United in the PL for some reason and it’s incredibly frustrating.

I think we should be considering it.
What's the idea that he's a great player based on though? It certainly can't have been any of his seasons with us, so just his performances for the national team? Think it takes more than that to be considered a great player.

Great talent, sure. But at 27 it currently appears he will fail to realise that talent as he still has all the same flaws he had as a 21 year old.

Manchie

He is liability to this team, the sooner we accept that the better it's for both sides.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
We should have never bought him. Said it before he joined, saying it now. Alas il get held accountable for it all the way.

Wed be lucky to get the 80m back.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He's had his moments, it was good to tell ourselves we were bringing one of our own back, and a "world class" star, but we've tried it all now.

Putting Matic next to him, playing Fred and McTom in there, bringing in Bruno to take the heat off him, and finally messing the whole formation up to try and suit him.

If we can get anywhere near that 80-90m back for him, we've got to go for it.

Alejandro Angel

He was better than Fernandes today but most posters don't want to hear that.
What, did Pogba close down players with intent to win the ball, did Pogba give options during the first half. The clear answers are no.
Fernandes hasn't given penalties away, this season.
He has never been better than Fernandes, and has not justified his place. Time to go him go.

RedIan

Don’t consider it... do it.

flatters to deceive - looks best coming off the bench for the last 20 minutes.give him a full game and he just isn’t arsed.

Pablo18th

Besides the lacklustre performances he has given away 3 penalties since July and 2 in his last 2 starts in the PL this season. His lows are are now becoming too much for him to be a guaranteed starter for us.

Preggy99

After that sack of Shite, 100% yes we sell him. Ole didn't have the balls to take him off at half time either which is a major issue.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
That‘s why his role should be super sub. Evra can’t talk about Ole not playing his best players today, Pogba is just not at the level for starting XI.

DarkXaero

I think we should sell (and no, it's not a decision based off one game), but I can't see there being a good market for him unless PSG get interested. Real are not going to pay up for him, and I don't think Barca will either. Those clubs aren't that stupid, they're watching his performances for us, and they can see that he has struggled even when the system has accommodated him.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Played him in his best position and now it's obvious for everyone to see. He's just bloody inconsistent no matter where he plays. The way he moves the ball like the world is waiting for him can range from him looking cool to rubbish depending on the outcome

DSG

He is the most skilful player in the team, but he plays a totally different game to us and he is a liability off the ball. As good as he is, we need to put the team first and drop him. I wouldn't be against selling him if it meant we could recruit a player who would be a better fit for our team.
Nope. Bruno is. Not close.

And he's just a disappointment. I'm so happy when he's not in the starting 11.

siw2007

Nope. Bruno is. Not close.

And he's just a disappointment. I'm so happy when he's not in the starting 11.
I would probably go for Rashford otherwise.

But yeah, I agree with you in the sense that I could trust a starting 11 that has Bruno, Fred and McTominay in the middle with others that are not Pogba to play as a team.

Bobski

Nah, Nah, it needs to be left of a midfield 3, with an overlapping full back god, and a world class deep-lying playmaker and perpetual energy machine ball winner, Then you will see the best of Pogba...

But you don't really need Pogba because you already have a top team and he just gives that extra fun to the experience, isn't actually that key to winning, and sure he will develop into a serious player with time, one that can take on a key role, and not just be a luxury inclusion.

Bah.

Dinghy

Seems like he's playing for United against his will, and he probably is. He's a massive problem now as he disrupts the balance in the team when he plays and we won't get a big fee for him if we sell, and he's too good to leave out of the team. What a fecking mess...

JG3001

Thread title needs changing to “we should sell Pogba”. This hasn’t been a debatable question for some time