Should we consider selling Pogba?

TheDoc

His skills are an asset but his decisions a liability. He produces glimpses of magic, and definitely creates a lot of chances, but also disrupts play up front or causes dangerous situations defensively. And no I'm not sure, not at all in fact, that the former makes up for the latter. I don't think I've even been as torn over a player as I have Pogba, after all these years I'm still not sure how to feel about him, what his exact purpose is, and I think that in itself is telling.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
He will leave on a free in summer 2022.

Nobody will pay a fee for him nor match his wages here.

Bondi77

Just let him go to the local park and let him enjoy himself and not give a feck about the result as I am sick of him doing it while playing for us.

Edy2

I would say at this stage he MUST be sold. He is not contributing at all in attack and he's costing us goals.

DSG

Thread title needs changing to “we should sell Pogba”. This hasn’t been a debatable question for some time
I mean... Are there any Pogba apologists left? He's been real shite, consistently, for the last 2 seasons. He has a bit of breathtaking skill here and there, but not enough to justify his inclusion in the team. He may be the dumbest professional footballer I've ever seen in a United shirt as well. Makes Rojo look like Franco Baresi. Did anyone see Lindelof absolutely lay into him at the last stages of the match?

RoyH1

Too late now. No one will pay us for him with the salary he has.

Schmeichel=God

I mean... Are there any Pogba apologists left?

Did anyone see Lindelof absolutely lay into him at the last stages of the match?
I'm the latest apologist to finally see sense. Out out out. An absolute luxury of a free role CM. Not a DM, not a Pirlo, not an AM, no.10..can't shoot, unintelligent in possession. Goodnight god bless.

No...what happened, was he lambasting him with regularity? And did Pogba respond at all...any facial expressions of note etc?

GiddyUp

His fans are football's equivalent to anti-vaxxers.

They deny all the fecking evidence in the world in front of their eyes.
I laugh when they describe him as an "artist". If he was then he would be one of those artists that poke holes in the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket filled with paint and swings it from the ceiling over canvas. Looks nice when you see it but kind of pointless as it just goes in the bin and you do the same the week after and post it on your Instagram.

EdinburghDevil

Midfield looks more balanced without him. He was rubbish tonight.... Most of them were to be fair, but I don't see what he offers.

If his name wasn't Paul Pogba and we hadn't payed £90m for him, he'd be nowhere near starting with how he's played the last 18 months.

DSG

I'm the latest apologist to finally see sense. Out out out. An absolute luxury of a free role CM. Not a DM, not a Pirlo, not an AM, no.10..can't shoot, unintelligent in possession. Goodnight god bless.

No...what happened, was he lambasting him with regularity? And did Pogba respond at all...any facial expressions of note etc?
It was towards the end of the match, Lindelof had to kick the ball weakly out of bounds on the near side because Pogba didn't offer an option for a pass. Didn't see Pogba's reaction.

newgiz

For a long time I backed him. But I am done. For whatever reason it hasn't worked out and he doesn't help himself by putting in some absolute stinkers. This summer I would thank him for his 'service's and wave him a goodbye.

He's just not worth the hassle, and I would prefer some consistency in performances from our no.8.

I don't see how he can start ahead of VdB who deserves his chance.

K Stand Knut

For a long time I backed him. But I am done. For whatever reason it hasn't worked out and he doesn't help himself by putting in some absolute stinkers. This summer I would thank him for his 'service's and wave him a goodbye.

He's just not worth the hassle, and I would prefer some consistency in performances from our no.8.

I don't see how he can start ahead of VdB who deserves his chance.
Thank him for what exactly???

I think his wages have been thanks enough.

Just move him on.

Should never play again until that move

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Even his most ardent supporters must realise he’s not doing what he’s paid to do, for us. He’s a luxury we can’t afford.

Foxbatt

Yes he should be sold in January. The sooner we get rid of him the better it will be for the team.

soapythecat

Pogba isn’t suited to slow, defensive, counter attacking football. That’s what we are just not very good at it.
He’s been shite for a long time in the league but so have many others. The squad isn’t balanced nor suited to Ole’s negative set up in the league.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
For me, Pogba doesn't start another game. He's an impact player off the bench and that's it. Maybe start the odd cup game. And when the summer comes, take whatever offer we get for him...

fps

Maybe he needs a more regimented, yet player-oriented manager, like Pep or similar.

Someone who can drill in work rate and understanding of his role in the team.

Idk, but he's at that age where he should be at his peak, and he's becoming a large disappointment.
I honestly don’t think he’s fit enough for the work rate people demand in a lot of the top sides now. I don’t think it’s a training issue either.

-Supreme-

There is no doubt that we should sell him but my concern is that Woodward will price him out of a move, and we end up giving him a 350k+ a week contract to protect our asset.

buckooo1978

If we get 60/70m for him in the Summer id be delighted. A player like Grealish or a playmaker like Thiago would be so much more effective

really talented player but maybe just not for us

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
What's the idea that he's a great player based on though? It certainly can't have been any of his seasons with us, so just his performances for the national team? Think it takes more than that to be considered a great player.

Great talent, sure. But at 27 it currently appears he will fail to realise that talent as he still has all the same flaws he had as a 21 year old.
Based on his performances for Juventus and France.

OldSchoolManc

Go go, Pogba go.
Apparently has tricks up his sleeve, but the application is useless. Bit of a gadget player

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He’s a nothing professional footballer. He’s a street footballer playing freestyle football, his best place will be sitting on the bench and bring him on as impact sub. In order world must be sold because his wages is too expensive for bench warmer.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Was his performance for France even great though? He’s defensively suspect and he’s not sort of player who dictate like Xavi or Scholes. So technically it’s fair to view his end product tally. In France World Cup: 1 goal 0 assist, that end product wasn’t great either so he did feck all with France.

He should follow Lukaku, Smalling & Sanchez path and join Serie A team again, a place that suits for him.

Nakhon Phanom

He,s a luxury player and it's not worked out for him here and our style of play doesn't suit him either.
Can't believe we shelled out 90m for him. I think we still play him hoping he will come good but it rarely happens.
If he had cost 9m he would have been out on loan or gone by now.
Sell him for whatever and give VDB a regular starting place... someone who will put a decent shift in.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He was surrounded by great players at Juve, he was young and had big potential but wasn't great himself. He's a world class talent, not a world class player. He never made the jump.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Sell him already. He’s a liability. Gives us a headache tactically and there’s always some excuse for him blaming everyone/everything else other than him.

He’s immature, lazy, slow, as agile as matic, slows our play down with 10 touches of the ball and some stupid hold up play with his body before releasing the ball. It’s not as if he’s contributing to goals or assists as well or even just controlling our midfield play. He does none of that.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
i have always been a big fan. He is an extremely talented player and has the career achievements to prove it. However for whatever reason it hasn't worked for us at United. It's time to accept that and move on i feel. If we get a new manager there's a part of me that would love to see what pogba becomes under him but he's had his chances and i wouldn't be too upset if we sold him.

Strelok

If we get 60/70m for him in the Summer id be delighted. A player like Grealish or a playmaker like Thiago would be so much more effective

really talented player but maybe just not for us
Tbh I'd doubt anyone would be stupid enough to pay for him now. He'd probably feck off to Juve on a free, again. Then occasionally he'd do some of his flashy stuffs there and his fanboys would crawling back telling us how great he was and how stupid we were letting him go any chance they got.

But knowing us, I mean Ed we'd probably offer him a new contract north 350k a week, to protect our fecking 'asset'. We're simply a joke of a club.