Should we start booing to show our discontent?

HTG

Supports
Bayern
You could start chanting Boo-urns. Not as aggressive and some people might enjoy the reference.

Alan Partridge

What is booing supposed to achieve?

Maybe, just maybe, it’s high time for some of our spoilt, cry baby, fans to accept that we don’t have some divine right to win the league every year.

Spoony

The People's President
You could practise boooing just to get the hang of it first.

I'm boooing Vlad Putin at this very moment. I've also booed my bank account.

dubplate warrior

Maybe, just maybe, it’s high time for some of our spoilt, cry baby, fans to accept that we don’t have some divine right to win the league every year.
Shocking comment. We've been humiliated home and away and multiple times looked like we've thrown in the towel. It's way past winning the league. It sounds more like you feel we should be content with being rubbish.

Madrid and Barca fans whistled their best ever teams, some of our fans applauded Ole as we lost 0-5. We have poor standards and it stinks from top to bottom.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

I don’t know, it works for Real Madrid. They’ve boo’d every legend of their club in recent years. I don’t even know how many UCL’s they have now, 15?

I understand it too. They’re the biggest club in the world (or close to) and they demand greatness.

The fans applauded Moyes for fecks sake :lol:

matt23

Everton fans have been booing for years and keep getting worse.

Whatsername

its not like a manager was recently sacked or anything even when the club really really didnt want to sack him. End of that game the away end were telling a club legend to feck off
I’m on about Watford at home a week or so back, there was some booing near us which was odd seeing as the performance wasn’t quite as bad as we’re used to seeing (apart from the finishing).

Nickthepip

I think this could really turn the season around and so will do it on Saturday for the whole 90 mins. Thank me when the players react to my show of dissatisfaction and play their hearts out just to show me what’s what.

croadyman

Stop accepting mediocrity

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
How about those of us who go to OT crack on with supporting the club as we have done for 100+ years and roll with the punches in times where we are (in very much relative terms) a bit shit.

Poor us - Atletico at home in the last 16 next week, those lads in League two don't know how hard we have it!
Boooooooooo we want more shiny toys boooooooooooo

Fitchett

We need to bring out the white handkerchiefs, wave it at the players and chant the manager’s name at the same time. It’s time to stop giving the players a free pass and blame it everything on the manager
I did that once a few years ago. Nobody else did, so it didn't have any effect.

dave1956

Years ago it was the slow hand clap used to show how the crowd felt if the game was going badly. But it seems today they can stop running have poor games one after the other but they must not be critised in case it hurts their feelings.

studs

I was going to say the best form of protest is the silent one, but it's been like that at matches lately the players haven't copped on to how shite they have been. They will take booing as the new form of cheer and praise.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
It'll be construed as being against the manager. I'd be all in favour of a huge banner saying "it's the players" along with chants of Glazer cnuts :D

wr8_utd

:'(
We should but just ensure our booing doesn't have the Arsenal effect.

Utd7

The OT fans are too nice and respectful. Say what you want, but booing creates discomfort for those in charge and creates urgency. Madrid fans boo all the time and forces the club to be accountable and uphold their high standards.

slyadams

I think you’ve completely missed the point. Losing isn’t the problem.

jem

But we do have the divine right to expect an appropriate effort level from this overpaid group of cretins.

hobbers

Stop accepting mediocrity
It's not even about accepting mediocrity. It's about expecting a certain minimum level of effort on the pitch that a lot of the players keep not meeting.

But there are clearly plenty of dullards who think clapping along with a vacant smile, while the team is barely putting in half the mileage of teams like fecking Wolves and Middlesborough, is something to be proud of.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
I think that "Booing" after one bad result or even a couple of had results on the bounce is a little small time.

Especially if you have a strong leader as your manager who is demanding the most from your team , it's nearly embarrassing to him because you are disciplining his team for him.

However in United case I'm absolutely shocked that it hasn't happened more frequently , you have a collection of some of the most dislikable players in the history of the premier league.

They just don't give a shit and the manager can't do anything about it.

I don't think it's going to take much more for the fans to feel disrespected by the players (the leaks , the lack of effort etc) and make their unhappiness known.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
What Will booing achieve? If the players can’t perform every week when there getting cheered on and chanted then they certainly won’t when getting booing. There just a bunch of overpaid people who think there good at football. If there’s anything that should be done it should be this… dock wages for poor performance, no player bonuses. I guarantee If that was the case people would perform every week because it’s all about MONEY. There stealing a living… imagine us doing bad at our workplaces… they’d be consequences, they don’t care how crap they play because at the end of the day there still getting the same wage, still going back to there luxury lifestyles. We’re the ones that have to suffer. They should also be banned from social media… sick and tired of seeing after loses, ‘we’re sorry, we’ve got to try harder, we’ll go again next week’ it’s Pathetic!!

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Collective. Non of them are worthy of praise either way. And it's a team game.

One or two players that performs will know its not on them but will keep their toes up.

And to be fair all of them deserves a boot in the arse
It's part of Madrid's culture to boo and you win everything, maybe it's time we changed our culture.
You can boo the collective but in the end the coach is the responsable.
Would you fire the coach next week if they lose? (It doesn't matter if they run or not), would you fire the next coach in three months if they still don't win? Would the board do it? Probably not, because they don't have the urgency that is imposed in Madrid by the boos/murmurs.
I encourage you to do it, very loud but clearly directed at the board to instill that urgency

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Is this what we’ve become…booing our team with the faint hope that the jeers will jolt our players into action?

Because I’m very sure it won’t make an iota of difference. Our players have stopped caring. They go through the motions and pick up their hefty cheque at the end of it.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Is this what we’ve become…booing our team with the faint hope that the jeers will jolt our players into action?

Because I’m very sure it won’t make an iota of difference. Our players have stopped caring. They go through the motions and pick up their hefty cheque at the end of it.
Exactly maybe it'll jot them, they're too wrapped up in their bubble that they've made it, maybe this is the wake up call they need. Many sports personalities felt humiliation (be it personal, from the public, or simply by under performing, and they get stronger from it)

You can boo the collective but in the end the coach is the responsable.
Would you fire the coach next week if they lose? (It doesn't matter if they run or not), would you fire the next coach in three months if they still don't win? Would the board do it? Probably not, because they don't have the urgency that is imposed in Madrid by the boos/murmurs.
I encourage you to do it, very loud but clearly directed at the board to instill that urgency
The player will know it's for them, eventually. Not like it's a cryptic message.

Daengophile

Some big banners direct to the team might be more to the point and effective

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
What Will booing achieve? If the players can’t perform every week when there getting cheered on and chanted then they certainly won’t when getting booing. There just a bunch of overpaid people who think there good at football. If there’s anything that should be done it should be this… dock wages for poor performance, no player bonuses. I guarantee If that was the case people would perform every week because it’s all about MONEY. There stealing a living… imagine us doing bad at our workplaces… they’d be consequences, they don’t care how crap they play because at the end of the day there still getting the same wage, still going back to there luxury lifestyles. We’re the ones that have to suffer. They should also be banned from social media… sick and tired of seeing after loses, ‘we’re sorry, we’ve got to try harder, we’ll go again next week’ it’s Pathetic!!
I don't know bro, for rich people, face and adoration means more than dosh, they can afford 1 week wages to throw a party, but getting slapped proverbially and brought back to earth is very powerful.

If I'm rich, between losing 1 week wages and getting booed by 50k people for poor performance, I'd choose the previous every day and thrice on matchday

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Hardcore fans don't ever believe in doing it because we hold ourselves up as a fanbase of doing things different, horseshit
No...so called 'hardcore' fans don't do it as it is proven that it doesn't motivate players to do better.

So if booing the team doesn't make them play better why do it?

shardlake

Supports
Manchester City
I've never booed my own team or players (despite possibly having some justification in the 90s!), and never will.

It is unlikely to make any positive difference to the players, in fact the opposite is probably true.

However, it could put pressure on the owners ro change their strategy. Owners do not like being booed/challenged.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I've never booed my own team or players (despite possibly having some justification in the 90s!), and never will.

It is unlikely to make any positive difference to the players, in fact the opposite is probably true.

However, it could put pressure on the owners ro change their strategy. Owners do not like being booed/challenged.
Our owners won’t even care, they never attend games :lol: they’ll be sat at home in America somewhere. To be honest though we can’t blame the owners for the players being awful, the owners did deliver the signings that Solskjær apparently needed to make us title challengers. But ye a lot of our problems start upstairs with them!

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
No...so called 'hardcore' fans don't do it as it is proven that it doesn't motivate players to do better.

So if booing the team doesn't make them play better why do it?
What makes you think so?

People and players reacts to carrot and also "stick"

Fergie is well known for his hairdryer, and Keane wasn't a nice fella either. Some people / players reacts to applaud, some got into their head.

I don't know where this myth that only applaud make them feel better as if it's set on stone, it's not like they're playing much better with all the applaud these last 10 years isnt it?

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Atleast while booing the main target, board and the players should be properly targeted. Because i dont think its fair on Rangnick. We need to show him support because he had been thrown into the deep end without any help.