g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Should Wenger be sacked?

Should Arsenal sack Wenger

• Total voters

Ixion

The reaction when they lose a couple of games is going to be hilarious, especially if it happens early in the season.

Walters_19_MuFc

Fair play to him. To be fair, winning three F.A. Cups in the last four years is not easy. He just needs to be challenging for the league now.

AshRK

Truth is arsenal fans deserve this. They are bunch of delusional muppets who got carried away because they won the fa cup. When whole world saw this 8 years ago that Wenger and arsenal are just pretenders, they were in denial. Now they realise they have been crap for a decade . I hope they live in their delusional world.

As for Wenger, maybe in minority, but I have immense respect for him. But he should have gone long back and now when he again got a chance to leave on high , he chose to stay again. Funny how arsenal fans thought Wenger is like sir alex, he is no where close to him.

I can't see Wenger doing anything special in next two years with arsenal. They will continue to fool their fans around and their fans will continue to be fooled.

spwd

Robbie on sky sports news, he'll be on I'm a celebrity get me out of here soon lol

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Pretty much, Kroenke owns sports teams as part of the prestige attached to it. It is probably the most prestigious sports team he owns along with now owning an NFL team in a major market.

When you are as rich as these guys, how many things can you buy that really separate yourself from your peers? Especially if you are a non-creative or innovative person (like a Gates/Jobs or Spielberg/Lucas). Yes, it is crazy to think billionaire's want to one-up their peers to this extent with vanity purchases like this as if billionaires doesn't distinguish you enough. But, there are almost 1,800 billionaires in the world, there are very few people who own a historic EPL team (maybe 3 or 4 like Kroenke, Glazers, Henry), how many people own a historic Jackson Pollack Collection (Geffen), or own an NFL franchise (32). It's basically bragging rights within the circle you constantly see each other in and a subtle form of one upmanship. Kroenke and Abramovich both have massive egos, but how they show it with their respective purchases are different. Malcolm Glazer was actually a decent middle-ground between the two. Without his sports clubs, Kroenke is basically a guy who married a Walmart heir and a property developer.
I agree as a generalization about most sports team owners. But I'm not convinced that Kroenke really cares that much about Arsenal or that ownership of the team carries that much prestige in the circles (pretty much exclusively American) in which he runs. He attends about one match a season. He doesn't regularly invite other billionaires or famous people to watch matches with him in his special owner's box. On the rare occasions that he talks about the team, it seems like he hardly understands the game or knows the players. The Kroenkes seem to care much more about their NFL, NBA, and NHL teams, with which they are much more actively involved. Arsenal, in contrast, seems to be mainly just a good investment for them, one that has increased dramatically in value since they took ownership and which they anticipate continuing to increase in value. Usmanov made a roughly market value offer and Kroenke rejected that offer because he is a smart guy and probably both values the club more highly and figures that somebody, Usmanov or otherwise, is eventually likely to want to buy it from him at well above market value just for the billionaire toy factor. But I don't believe for a second that Kroenke derives so much psychological value from owning Arsenal FC that he wouldn't sell for the right price.

greggsy

Renewing really is an anagram for Wenger in.
Arsenal fans should be content with this, can't see who they could replace him with this summer who would be a better choice.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
imagine if they lose their first game of the season again.

Mayhem at the emirates.

3KDré

Must frustrate Arsenal fans particularly when Tuchel just got fired.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Renewing really is an anagram for Wenger in.
Arsenal fans should be content with this, can't see who they could replace him with this summer who would be a better choice.
:eek:
Hadn't noticed that

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Suddenly, there are 'Now fans must give up their protests & back the manager' opinion pieces all over the newspapers. I wonder how that came about? :rolleyes:

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Unbelievable. Poor Arsene Wenger has been desperately trying to get sacked for years and years now, yet the board fail to take the hint. I'm guessing the thought of quiting never crossed his mind then. Shame.

Sad Chris

Fans like me have been going to Arsenal games for almost two decades now, so you have no right to tell anyone what to do. Precisely because of fans like yourself the board takes us for a ride. Some of us are fecking sick of not only Arsene but his cheerleaders who fail to see the steep decline our club has endured and decline which has culminated in us finally dropping out of the CL. A competition where we were thrashed year in year out as it was.
I think your decline hasn't been as steep as it should've been. It has been slow and steady, bit by bit and dangerously almost not noticeable. No big bang Moyes shit decline that screams for action. I can understand your worries and almost feel pity because you're getting fecked over by your club.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
It’s a two-year deal. Do you know yet what happens after that?
We don’t. Football is constantly evolving, constantly changing. This is a two-year deal so we are looking at at least the next two years. Again, at some point of course we will have to transition to the era beyond Arsène and that is not a sentimental connection that we have, that is a connection that is driven by what is best for the football club. I will say this, this is not just the club not being sentimental, this is Arsène not being sentimental either. Arsène would not make this commitment if he did not believe he could push this club forward. That is an assessment we continue to make as we move into the future, and who knows what the future holds.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20170531/-our-aim-is-to-win-the-premier-league-

:rolleyes::confused:

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
There must've been some tough questions at that board meeting:

STAN: "Another brandy, Arsene?"
WENGER: "Great, thanks - we've got to drag this out for another half-hour or the fans might think it's all a charade."
IVAN: *repeatedly throws fifty-pound notes in the air*
USMANOV: "Let me in, you bastards!"

breakout67

Supports
Man City
It’s a two-year deal. Do you know yet what happens after that?
We don’t. Football is constantly evolving, constantly changing. This is a two-year deal so we are looking at at least the next two years. Again, at some point of course we will have to transition to the era beyond Arsène and that is not a sentimental connection that we have, that is a connection that is driven by what is best for the football club. I will say this, this is not just the club not being sentimental, this is Arsène not being sentimental either. Arsène would not make this commitment if he did not believe he could push this club forward. That is an assessment we continue to make as we move into the future, and who knows what the future holds.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20170531/-our-aim-is-to-win-the-premier-league-

:rolleyes::confused:
Wenger has exposed himself as a greedy, manipulative man that sees Arsenal as his personal project and will not let go until he dies.

The most damning evidence of this is that Wenger keeps a strict wage structure for his players yet pays himself to be the 4th highest paid manager in the world.

Il Prete Rosso

Prete, the Italian Pete
I think two years was sensible actually. It minimises the chance of player power come Feb/March time, they seemed to jack it in and want him out around that time over the past few seasons and only really been arsed again when it became clear he was staying. Obviously doesn't stop them sacking him next summer though if targets aren't met and the extra year is simply a golden handshake which you can't deny he hasn't earned considering how he kept that CL money coming while they paid the stadium off
I don't know when would people understand that Wenger would never be sacked. It's a pipe dream, it's not going to happen. He's done way too much for the club.

Wengerscoat

Supports
Arsenal
Truth is arsenal fans deserve this. They are bunch of delusional muppets who got carried away because they won the fa cup. When whole world saw this 8 years ago that Wenger and arsenal are just pretenders, they were in denial. Now they realise they have been crap for a decade . I hope they live in their delusional world.

As for Wenger, maybe in minority, but I have immense respect for him. But he should have gone long back and now when he again got a chance to leave on high , he chose to stay again. Funny how arsenal fans thought Wenger is like sir alex, he is no where close to him.

I can't see Wenger doing anything special in next two years with arsenal. They will continue to fool their fans around and their fans will continue to be fooled.
What a load of tosh, a sizeable Arsenal fanbase has been anti-Wenger for the past 4-5 years atleast, and the majority for the past two years. Its evident by the protests and the abuse thrown his way at every game especially this season and the end of last season. So who exactly is Wenger fooling and how? He has managed to turn most fans against him, some fooling he's doing, eh? Which Arsenal fan was being delusional here? Every single Arsenal fan since the last five odd years has known our team has no chance for the title and the top 4 is the best we can hope for with the occasional domestic trophy. Instead of calling others muppets have a word with yourself.

AshRK

What a load of tosh, a sizeable Arsenal fanbase has been anti-Wenger for the past 4-5 years atleast, and the majority for the past two years. Its evident by the protests and the abuse thrown his way at every game especially this season and the end of last season. So who exactly is Wenger fooling and how? He has managed to turn most fans against him, some fooling he's doing, eh? Which Arsenal fan was being delusional here? Every single Arsenal fan since the last five odd years has known our team has no chance for the title and the top 4 is the best we can hope for with the occasional domestic trophy. Instead of calling others muppets have a word with yourself.
What sizeable arsenal fans are you talking about. 2016-17 season has been the first season where public and media outrage has been immense against Wenger. Never before has there been such pressure. Before every season you can see countless options of arsenal fans saying how they will win the league and how other teams are crap.

Even now there are some arsenal fans saying they had a better season than spurs and fa cup is a major trophy compared to europa. Don't lecture me on how level headed arsenal fans are , when in truth they are the most delusional fans I have met. And yes I have many friends who are arsenal fans so I can say they deserve Wenger and Wenger deserves them.

Wengerscoat

Supports
Arsenal
What sizeable arsenal fans are you talking about. 2016-17 season has been the first season where public and media outrage has been immense against Wenger. Never before has there been such pressure. Before every season you can see countless options of arsenal fans saying how they will win the league and how other teams are crap.

Even now there are some arsenal fans saying they had a better season than spurs and fa cup is a major trophy compared to europa. Don't lecture me on how level headed arsenal fans are , when in truth they are the most delusional fans I have met. And yes I have many friends who are arsenal fans so I can say they deserve Wenger and Wenger deserves them.
Where are Arsenal fans with countless ''options'' (its called opinions, if you're going to call people muppets then its best to have a coherent grasp of basic grammar) saying we have had a better season than Spurs?

You have Arsenal ''friends'', maybe like the same ''Manc supporting mates'' RAWKites have? :lol: I have been a game-going Gooner longer than you probably even started watching football, the amount of dislike towards Wenger is obvious and has been obvious for years now. Minority fans from every club will claim they will win the league each year from Liverpool to Arsenal, but no serious Arsenal fan ever had the delusion of a league win, other than it being a very outside chance.

Giggs86

This guy should take part in one of those Survivor reality shows after he retires. The way he keeps hanging by the skin off his nuts season after season is nothing short of a miracle.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Where are Arsenal fans with countless ''options'' (its called opinions, if you're going to call people muppets then its best to have a coherent grasp of basic grammar) saying we have had a better season than Spurs?

You have Arsenal ''friends'', maybe like the same ''Manc supporting mates'' RAWKites have? :lol: I have been a game-going Gooner longer than you probably even started watching football, the amount of dislike towards Wenger is obvious and has been obvious for years now. Minority fans from every club will claim they will win the league each year from Liverpool to Arsenal, but no serious Arsenal fan ever had the delusion of a league win, other than it being a very outside chance.
The fact that 'One Arsene Wenger' chants happen once a season for a few mins, while 'We want Wenger Out' chants happen quite often and frequently when Arsenal lose games should be an indicator of the sentiment of the fans.

Wenger has used up all of his credit, the only people that want Wenger to stay are the extremely delusion ones that would want Wenger here even if Arsenal were relegated. Long-time admirers of Wenger think it's time for him to go.

AshRK

Where are Arsenal fans with countless ''options'' (its called opinions, if you're going to call people muppets then its best to have a coherent grasp on basic grammar) saying we have had a better season than Spurs?

Do you know a thing called autocorrect . Rather than correcting people's grammar ( as always an arsenal fan getting distracted from the real topic and finding flaws in others) .

Maybe you should start spending some time in social media and look how deluded arsenal fans. And it's funny you say no "serious fans ". Lol. Sorry to break your bubble , arsenal fans and seriousness don't go hand in hand.

Will say it again you arsenal fans deserve Wenger and stan kroenke. Made for each other

Wengerscoat

Supports
Arsenal
Do you know a thing called autocorrect . Rather than correcting people's grammar ( as always an arsenal fan getting distracted from the real topic and finding flaws in others) .

Maybe you should start spending some time in social media and look how deluded arsenal fans. And it's funny you say no "serious fans ". Lol. Sorry to break your bubble , arsenal fans and seriousness don't go hand in hand.

Will say it again you arsenal fans deserve Wenger and stan kroenke. Made for each other
I corrected your grammar because its a bit rich someone calling others muppets yet displaying all the language prowess of a ten year old juvenile.

I don't have time for social media, as its full of melodramatic people like you, seeing and talking to match going people gives me a better handle of the mood at my club compared to a Man Utd supporter sitting thousands of miles away telling me otherwise.

Wengerscoat

Supports
Arsenal
The fact that 'One Arsene Wenger' chants happen once a season for a few mins, while 'We want Wenger Out' chants happen quite often and frequently when Arsenal lose games should be an indicator of the sentiment of the fans.

Wenger has used up all of his credit, the only people that want Wenger to stay are the extremely delusion ones that would want Wenger here even if Arsenal were relegated. Long-time admirers of Wenger think it's time for him to go.
Pretty much what I meant, well said.

Big time bloggers like Arseblog, usually traditionally Wenger supporters, have all turned against him. Most ex-stars now say the same thing as well. Shame Wenger himself does not see it that way.

AshRK

I corrected your grammar because its a bit rich someone calling others muppets yet displaying all the language prowess of a ten year old juvenile.

I don't have time for social media, as its full of melodramatic people like you, seeing and talking to match going people gives me a better handle of the mood at my club compared to a Man Utd supporter sitting thousands of miles away telling me otherwise.
And yet here you are commenting in a manchester united blog, dissing fans who support their clubs from.other countries. You call me 10 year old ,yet yourself act like a irritating child who is totally out of touch from reality (hey just like your manager Wenger ) .

One slight suggestion from this 10 year old, if you don't know how to debate or can't handle others opinion, maybe you better of sitting in your hole and stay away from social platforms.

Tata

Wengerscoat

Supports
Arsenal
And yet here you are commenting in a manchester united blog, dissing fans who support their clubs from.other countries. You call me 10 year old ,yet yourself act like a irritating child who is totally out of touch from reality (hey just like your manager Wenger ) .

One slight suggestion from this 10 year old, if you don't know how to debate or can't handle others opinion, maybe you better of sitting in your hole and stay away from social platforms.

Tata
a) Redcafe isn't a blog
b) Where have I dissed fans from other clubs? How is me saying that I have a better handle at all things Arsenal as someone who's been to actual games versus you who's thousands of miles away and not an Arsenal supporter disrespect? It'd be as absurd as me claiming to know the mood at United more than United fans. So either show me where I have disrespected Man Utd fans or apologise for spouting nonsense.
c) I said we don't have a chance to win the league and Wenger should go. How is that out of touch from reality?

Last edited: