Sign this Petition!

Sigma

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215

200,000 votes and rising fast

EU Referendum Rules triggering a 2nd EU Referendum
We the undersigned call upon HM Government to implement a rule that if the remain or leave vote is less than 60% based a turnout less than 75% there should be another referendum.

Vilev

Given that it always be a a close to 50-50 split and it's really hard to get a 75% turnout nowadays UK can play this game forever.:wenger:

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Signed

Edit - The turnout requirement seems a bit too high though

Panther

Sick of seeing petitions for everything. The remain party lost, the country is fecked. Move on.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Nigel Farage in May: “In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way.

“If the remain campaign win two-thirds to one-third that ends it.”

"Senior party source" today: “Our feeling is that the status quo often gets a boost and this is the new status quo.

“You’re right, 48-52 is close, however the PM’s gone, the Chancellor’s got to follow, the whole Project Fear campaign is in disarray and I’m sure Bob Geldof is crying into his f***ing cornflakes.

“I know there’s an online petition to have another referendum but I think honestly I think if people want to go for it a little further down the line it would be a hiding for nothing.

“We feel that with this being the new status quo 48-52 might very soon turn into a larger figure.”

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Sick of seeing petitions for everything. The remain party lost, the country is fecked. Move on.
Considering how marginal it was I think the petition has merit

And this is a major issue so dont think it should be lumped into your bag of their being petition for everything

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
These petitions are such a waste of time. It says they're debated "in parliament" but they aren't in the chamber, it's in some faraway committee room where people can turn up if they want, doesn't last that long, no-one really pays much attention and they get a bit of lunch.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
These petitions are such a waste of time. It says they're debated "in parliament" but they aren't in the chamber, it's in some faraway committee room where people can turn up if they want, doesn't last that long, no-one really pays much attention and they get a bit of lunch.
Yep, look at the petitions with the most signatures: https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions

Not much luck there.

Panther

Considering how marginal it was I think the petition has merit

And this is a major issue so dont think it should be lumped into your bag of their being petition for everything
I guess that's a good point and another one in the other sentence you wrote.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
At the end of the day Britain voted out. The people made the choice and no matter what the outcome there was always going to be a huge amount of people in the UK who wasn't happy.

If this petition actually happened and remain won then you would just get another petition for another referendum because Leave won the first one. This referendum is always going to leave people disappointed no matter what the outcome.

This is like saying I want a petition to replay the 2012 Premier League season because Man City won it on goal difference.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
FYI, the petition wasn't sending the emails earlier it is now. I suggest anyone angry, gutted about today sign it and pass it on and post it on twitter and Facebook.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
What if there is a second referendum and remain win by the same margin, best of 3? :wenger:

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
At the end of the day Britain voted out. The people made the choice and no matter what the outcome there was always going to be a huge amount of people in the UK who wasn't happy.

If this petition actually happened and remain won then you would just get another petition for another referendum because Leave won the first one. This referendum is always going to leave people disappointed no matter what the outcome.

This is like saying I want a petition to replay the 2012 Premier League season because Man City won it on goal difference.
Well given that my life savings, house and future wasn't on the line when City won the League then actually I don't think it's anything alike.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
Really hate the pathetic sigh nature of this forum every time something sh*t yet changeable happens.

Signed.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
It's over, unfortunately.

Even if five million people were to sign this, I don't think it would change much (or anything). The turnout was simply too high to justify a new vote.

Bojan11

Move on. Let the people who voted out like Wales, Sunderland and Cornwall benefitted from EU will suffer.

Cornwall trying to make sure they will get their yearly £60m from EU. Wales got lots of money from EU. Nissan in Sunderland benefitted from EU.

These wankers voted out. So let them lie in their bed.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
People voted. A side won. Its over.
Liars won on the backs of idiots. I'm not letting liars and idiots run me off the cliff till I'm on the ground below.

Besides, never say never, if the EU panics and comes up with additional reform there may be appetite to stay yet. In the meantime the more outrage at this current result the better.

prateik

The liars and the idiots have just as much of a say as the most honest or smart person.
Its a democracy. There was a clear winner.
If you dont like the fact that your country has a majority of idiots and liars, move..

What kind of a precedent will this set? Re election every time a side doesnt win by a huge margin?

Any clause should have been put in before the voting. They cant have a vote, get a result they dont like and cry about it.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
The liars and the idiots have just as much of a say as the most honest or smart person.
If you dont like the fact that your country has a majority of idiots and liars, move..

What kind of a precedent will this set? Re election every time a side doesnt win by a huge margin?

Any clause should have been put in before the voting. They cant have a vote, get a result they dont like and cry about it.
Next time they should just flip a coin, it would have had a better outcome.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy

haha how can I move now... But yes I will most likely move back to France at some point, hopefully with an EU passport should things pan out that way with Scottish independence.

Desperate times, desperate measures, leaving the EU is so obviously the wrong move to everyone who matters that it would be absolute madness to follow through with it just because a bunch of gullible backwater plebeians think we should. This had all the legal binding of an opinion poll, it's not a GE and we have no democratic obligation to do anything with it, particularly as the Prime Minister who promised its ironclad importance has gone.

Mciahel Goodman

Staff
Desperate times, desperate measures, leaving the EU is so obviously the wrong move to everyone who matters that it would be absolute madness to follows through with it just because a bunch of gullible backwater plebeians think we should.
17 million people voted leave.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
17 million people voted leave.
17 million gullible backwater plebeians voted to jump off an economic cliff and drag us all with them.

Quiet acceptance is not my way sorry. Nor is it the best way because there is always hope, things change over time and time we have.

Mciahel Goodman

Staff
17 million gullible backwater plebeians voted to jump off an economic cliff and drag us all with them.

Quiet acceptance is not my way sorry. Nor is it the best way because there is always hope, things change over time and time we have.
You think that belittling and demonising the exact people to need to support you is the best thing to do in order to bring about change?

Twisted_Woody

Scout
Could this actually happen?

It makes sense. For major change such as this I've always thought 50%+1 vote was too little of a majority. Then again, I'm Canadian...others on here can attest to the 50+1 debates...