Sir Alex Ferguson has retired

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Went through first pages in this thread, watched some videos from the last day at OT of his, the speech and so on, and I came to one conclusion.

I need to man the feck up :(
I have watched the video of last speech countless number of times!

Happy Birthday, Sir Alex.

Bojan11

What's this nonsense been spouted that he should stay away from games?

hp88

Caf or media? He's a director so he can go where ever he wants. As long as he's in the stands it won't do any harm.

RORY65

:lol: The media can't be going with that?
Yep, they think it's making it really difficult for Moyes in much the same way that Bobby Charlton and Bryan Robson being at the game is the only reason our midfield isn't the best in the world.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde

Bojan11

I really don't get their point. It's not like he's going in the dressing room or whatever.

Maybe he should start wearing a disguise. Holt was saying the same. Ridiculous.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
That's such a ridiculous claim. The man is a United legend, retired and after all he's done for us, can go wherever he pleases basically. If it's having an impact on the manager, which is a retarded and plain ridiculous claim, then he's not got the bollocks to be a top division manager. Christ the guy is retired and the media still find ways to try and pick wars with him.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Semi-disguised... what sort of a point is that? Are Ashley Young or David Moyes gonna look up at the directors area from the pitch and think, "right...Glazers, Sir Bobby, man with blue cap, retard from the summer transfer window... nope, no Fergie... good."?

Journalists. :houllier:

kps88

Semi-disguised... what sort of a point is that? Are Ashley Young or David Moyes gonna look up at the directors area from the pitch and think, "right...Glazers, Sir Bobby, man with blue cap, retard from the summer transfer window... nope, no Fergie... good."?

Journalists. :houllier:

:lol:

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff
I wish people would stop buying papers and put these sour cnuts out of a job.

SirAF

Ageist
fecking, bloody stupid journalists :lol: Words fail me! And certain people wonder why we ban the feckers??

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
No one from media cares about Moyes or defends him in general, except when it's about Fergie, and him coming to our games, that's when they all care about Moyes and thinks that Fergie is having bad influence.

Gladiator

No one from media cares about Moyes or defends him in general, except when it's about Fergie, and him coming to our games, that's when they all care about Moyes and thinks that Fergie is having bad influence.
In fact what they're doing is fabricating an issue that was never there in the first place through their suggestibility.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Ogden is on a roll this week. Unfortunate because I had always thought he was one of the better journos out there.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
I really doubt the players are thinking "feck, Fergie is in the stands, we can't play now".

LR7

The whole "The spectre of Fergie looms large" and "his presence is a black cloud hovering over Old Trafford" narrative pisses me off.

How many times does Moyes need to state that SAFs presence and availabity has been positive for him.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States

Finally heard one guy on TV this weekend explain that the pressure of replacing SAF is going to be there no matter if he attends games or not, there is no getting away from his Giant Shadow so it is silly to suggest that somehow this is added pressure.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
The whole "The spectre of Fergie looms large" and "his presence is a black cloud hovering over Old Trafford" narrative pisses me off.

How many times does Moyes need to state that SAFs presence and availabity has been positive for him.
Will repeat my previous most and the question to ask everyone who spouts that crap is to ask them to explain just how exactly is SAF's legacy not supposed to loom large anyways? Freaking legend, one of the greatest managers ever, almost three decades in charge, no shit he is going to loom large, there is no fecking avoiding it. Whether he is at games or not, Moyes or whoever else could have been hired were going to have to deal with it.

If a manager can not handle SAF sitting in the freaking stands, if he is shitting himself because of some fear of SAF looking over his shoulder, then he probably isn't the right man for the job anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.