Sir Alex Ferguson Tribute Thread

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
I'm sick, this day was to be expected sooner than later but feck. Anyway what's your favourite SAF memory or team? I need positive vibes people, I feel terrible.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Im glad he gets to go out on a high. Favourite memory would be a montage.... of him celebrating goals.

amir51

You know this day is coming. You try to prepare yourself but you jsut can't.

Don't think it has sunk in yet.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
I was 8 when he joined.

I'm 34 now.

That will never be seen again.

Hopefully he has a lot of years watching us continue to be successful.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Don't really know what to think right now. We all knew this day was coming, but it always felt like it was still a few years away. He has brought the club so much success, whoever takes over next will have massive shoes to fill.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
To be honest I hadn't thought of him leaving in the near future at all. Sort of puts the "I wish we could play more like Dortmund" thread in perspective now. Too busy thinking about what comes next and how Sir Alex can add to the team instead of cherishing what he's already built up and given to us.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
fecking scary, Im only 25. I have never known any other era at United apart from the Sir Alex one.

vic090482

I dont even know how to react.. I never expected this inspite of the rumors. Gutted!!

sparky

The day I feared has come. I am actually quite tearful. But I hope we can continue. I remember when SAF arrived, the clamour for him to be sacked. The dropping of Jim Leighton in the final replay and the cult hero Les Sealey stepping up. The difficult decisions he made, overhauling the youth system. I hope the values he instilled in the club do not get lost with whoever takes over.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I don’t want this to happen, it is a shocking time. This is a job that has not been available since 1986.

But it is up to Fergie, and his timing as per where we are in the year/season is perfect. Title is won there is one home game left to say goodbye, where we will lift the PL trophy as well. (Not that anyone will really care about trophy lifting right now)

Obviously nobody will ever come close to what he has achieved

Cina

To be honest I hadn't thought of him leaving in the near future at all. Sort of puts the "I wish we could play more like Dortmund" thread in perspective now. Too busy thinking about what comes next and how Sir Alex can add to the team instead of cherishing what he's already built up and given to us.
Very true, I really thought he had a few years left still, and was working towards building another great team to challenge in Europe. Something must have happened in his private life.

ell

He is my lifelong hero, feeling vert strange at the moment.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I've never known Manchester United not be managed by Sir Alex... The beginning of next season will just be so weird.

He's the greatest football manager to have ever lived in my opinion. To be able to manage at the top level as succesfully as he has, throughout probably the greatest generation change in football (the way football is now to what it was in 86 is monumentally different... ) is astonishing.

We love him, many people may not like him, be he deserves everyones respect.

A send off at the Hawthornes is bizarre though...

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Very true, I really thought he had a few years left still, and was working towards building another great team to challenge in Europe. Something must have happened in his private life.
I think it's health related, maybe also partly influenced by Mourinho's availability IMO.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Football and Manchester United will feell completely different to me now. I am in my mid-twenties, and have only known a Ferguson era.

That said, I am excited about the future. I will always look back on Fergies reign fondly, but am not scared to embrace a new dawn. Fergie will be a director too, so I think we'll be okay.

Crustanoid

I don't think I'm being biased - he has to be the best ever - or at least jointly with Sir Matt and one or two others.

This is a moment of great sadness

ashgabat

Come look at our Swedish girls instead!
Supports
Malmö FF
I was one year old when Sir Alex took over Manchester United..

..this hasn't really sunk in yet. Wow.

Phil

He's been around since before I was born. I can't comprehend a time where we might seriously question the manager?

I_live_cement

Cat freak
Fergie is all I have known as a United fan, it will be a surreal moment seeing a different man in charge.

This feels like a bereavement.

Skywarden

He's a beautiful man who's devoted his life to Manchester United, the city of Manchester and to football as a sport. He's been through the most epic journey and we've all witnessed it.

Thank you for everything.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
How can you pay tribute? You won't be able to sum up all the great memories in one place.

I wasn't born when this man was appointed, and barring any of my family hes been the one who has consistently given me nothing but happiness. Some people in the coming days will reference his controversies and the speculation over the future appointment is going to be horrible. I literally don't care. I just hope the end to this season is amazing.

What a man. The greatest of all time.