Sir Bobby Charlton has died

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
You go out of respect for everything he stood for and not whether you had a lot of contact with him.

You may as well say they should forget about going to any more memorials for Munich either as they don't know anyone who was there.

There's no excuse for not going it's Manchester there's planes in and out.

I remember Jose got a lot of criticism when he showed up to a Munich memorial without wearing a tie.

Erik not going to this is really shameful
Except the Munich memorials are at the same time every year so you can plan in advance for that. Funerals tend to not work that way. No-one here knows what Ten Hag had and why it couldn't be changed when Bobby Charlton suddenly died. People insisting that he is definitely at fault here are just reflecting their opinions about Ten Hag as United coach.

Same for Rashford and Bruno. I doubt the club never brought up this event, or that people were free to respond with 'nah, I intend to play new the Mario at home that evening'. Simply assuming they're lazy feckers who just don't care mostly reflects posters' opinions on those players rather than some considered thought.

And so all of these posts rather belong in their performance threads, rather than in this thread for the late great Sir Bobby Charlton.

Fr. Todd Unctious

Some amount of policing going on by some posters on here :houllier:

Could be any amount of personal reasons why Ten Hag couldn't be there. Geoff Hurst wasn't there as far as I know and to my knowledge isn't seriously ill or anything. These things can happen from time to time

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Imagine turning a thread about the remembrance of a club legend's death into a witch-hunt for those who didn't attend the funeral. Goulish behavior.

lsd

The Oracle
Imagine turning a thread about the remembrance of a club legend's death into a witch-hunt for those who didn't attend the funeral. Goulish behavior.

Imagine trying to defend our Manager for not attending the funeral of one of the biggest names in the club's history.

Ole flew in for it

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Imagine trying to defend our Manager for not attending the funeral of one of the biggest names in the club's history.

Ole flew in for it
Barely even knew the man, but he should drop everything and attend it like it's some publicity event. Would be funny if you weren't serious.

lsd

The Oracle
Barely even knew the man, but he should drop everything and attend it like it's some publicity event. Would be funny if you weren't serious.

I can honestly say that's one of the worst comments I've seen on here.

It's just pointless to even continue with this after that.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
I can honestly say that's one of the worst comments I've seen on here.

It's just pointless to even continue with this after that.
It's a terrible comment for those who don't live in the real world. Some of us understand that funerals are usually sacred events for close family and friends. You probably missed this post in your misplaced outrage, but you should take notes:
Huge international news it may be but more than that it's a families farewell to their loved one. Scrutinising the guestlist, especially without any background information on its formation is in very bad taste imo and another example of the Internet looking for beef where there is none to be had