Sir Bobby Charlton has died

Neo_Mufc

RIP Bobby.

I saw him a long time ago outside OT humbly walking through fans on his own.

Legend.

cj_sparky

I'm sure I remember one of his family members saying during a documentary that he was simply "Our Bob"

RIP Sir Bobby

Forever a United Legend and Forever Our Bob.

Coleyoscar

A life story you could not have invented. He was a credit to his team and to his country and to his beloved United. One of the greatest players to ever play the game and a sportsman who won respect everywhere across the world.
My generation was so lucky to have seen him play.
RIP Bobby.

Amity Survivor

Thanks for posting that clip , never seen that , he explains how we all felt at that moment, RIP big man

Muninman

Very upset by this news. He was just a couple of years younger than my dad who died in August. I saw him play many times, the last time being a charity match in Knutsford around 1975. I saw him out and about a few times too, but not for a long while.
An absolute legend. Will another English United player get to lift the World Cup? Will United win another European Championship? Probably not in my lifetime.

AndyMUFC

What a life and what a story that you won't ever see the likes of in football again. RIP Sir Bobby.

SAF is the GOAT

First game at home where we"ll have a tribute to him and cherish him and we play against city, FFS.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Sad day for the club and an end of an era, but great memories to celebrate. From the Munich disaster to his greatest moments at Wembley, he such an icon for both United & England. Undoubtedly the greatest English player, he was the player of the tournament in ‘66. He was such a great passer & goal scorer. Talk about press resistant. I guess the closest style player you could compare with nowadays would De Bruyne, but Charlton was better because of his goal scoring threat. He really was one of the greatest players ever to play the game.

Jam

Absolute legend.

May he rest in peace, and condolences to his family.

Monmouthshire Red

Supports
Chester
Such sad news to wake up to. A true gentleman and legend of the game.
Before my time but I've obviously seen cips of him playing. Genuinely world class. Naturally two footed, could pass the ball 50 yards pin point, could twat a heavy leather ball into the the top corner from 35 yards. The best footballer England has ever produced, consistently for many years. What would he be worth these days on the transfer market? Priceless. RIP Bobby .

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Rest in peace, Sir Bobby. True legend.

Bert_

Very upset by this news. He was just a couple of years younger than my dad who died in August. I saw him play many times, the last time being a charity match in Knutsford around 1975. I saw him out and about a few times too, but not for a long while.
An absolute legend. Will another English United player get to lift the World Cup? Will United win another European Championship? Probably not in my lifetime.
RIP to your father too Muninman. Sorry for your loss.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Thank you for those kind words.
The thing that sticks in my mind was that back then, most teams were packed with hard men. Cloggers who used to man mark you. Quite literally.
But even though Sir Bobby Charlton was head and shoulders more skillful than the rest, those cloggers just couldn't get close to him. And he was so respected that few wanted to kick him or try and put him out of the game.
I always love reading posts from those who experienced United from bygone eras so thank you for sharing said experiences. Obviously I never saw him live but I have gone and watched plenty of games from the past just to see our greatest teams and he always stood out. Charlton, Best and Law definitely warranted the Holy trinity label!

Morpheus 7

He's Man United, the reason there is a forum. The real Rocky story, from ashes to greatness.

garelo

The old guards are passing away one by one, this year is tough because it's the faces that you're familiar with, first Lady Cathy and now Sir Bobby, i just hope we can win the league before the great man himself passed away. RIP Sir Bobby.