Sir Jim Ratcliffe: I want to buy Manchester United | Will make a bid for the club [Telegraph]

AndySmith1990

This will be the best thing to happen to United since Ferguson took charge. The end of the Glazers reign of incompetence cannot come soon enough

mav_9me

It's only a real cash cow the moment they sell. Their dividents are a poor return on investment for a $4-6b asset
Wrong. How much of their own money have they put in? How much have they made? They haven't put any of their money and made 200m$ in addition to whatever they will when they sell.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I'd prefer them gone full stop to be honest. I can see them selling a minority stake to someone like him, using the money to invest in the stadium / placate some fans, and then just continue on the way they have been for another 5-10 years.

What actual power would he have?
Eh? The Glazers? :lol: Why would they do that?

Suv666

I'm not sure about Radcliffe. We aren't as rich as we use to be.

There is significant investment required to bootstrap us back into becoming a commerical behemoth.

Anything is better than the Glazers I suppose.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I don’t think this will take long at all. A few weeks at most. When things start move it’ll happen quickly. This has none of the complications of the Chelsea deal. A private sale could happen in 24 hours.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Wrong. How much of their own money have they put in? How much have they made? They haven't put any of their money and made 200m$ in addition to whatever they will when they sell.

That's entirely irrelevant. They have a ~$5bn asset and make less than $20m a year in dividends

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!

There is significant investment required to bootstrap us back into becoming a commerical behemoth.

The difference is, Radcliffe would likely care about the club. The Glazers never have cared, and never will care

Suv666

The difference is, Radcliffe would likely care about the club. The Glazers never have cared, and never will care
Touche. As long as he hires the right people for the job we should be fine. Murtogh and co can feck off

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Touche. As long as he hires the right people for the job we should be fine. Murtogh and co can feck off
I'm sure that he'd overhaul the club from top to bottom if this happens, from board to pitch.

Something needs doing to rectify the Glazer mistakes (the many MANY mistakes)

Chairman Steve

I think Ratcliffe would be pretty visible at United if he was in charge. I can see him doing a formal interview with MUTV right out the gate if he completed the takeover. He’s fairly comfortable in front of cameras unlike some billionaires.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins

He is a definite improvement on the Glazers for a number of reasons. Nobody is saying he can return the club to the top in what is now an oil league anyway but he knows how to run a successful business and I assume he will not be seeking dividends and the club servicing debt interest.

gaffs

Listen to Jim talk about his thoughts on leadership....

Talks about picking the right team of people who he trusts, then delegating to them.

Hopefully this means he will pick the right football people and let them do their work.

Clearly a smart guy. Self made, unlike the Glazer kids who are living off daddy's cash.

Suv666

I'm sure that he'd overhaul the club from top to bottom if this happens, from board to pitch.

Something needs doing to rectify the Glazer mistakes (the many MANY mistakes)
It does seem like the house of cards is collapsing. Both on and off field.
Hopefully this doesn't drag on for too long and gets sorted asap.

CallyRed

I'd take McFred as our midfield for rest of the season if it meant Jimmy boy buying the club by the 31st of August

mav_9me

That's entirely irrelevant. They have a ~$5bn asset and make less than $20m a year in dividends
Agree to disagree on how you evaluate it. I take back what I said, you are not wrong. But at the same time they have made 200m£ out of nothing...

gaffs

I think Ratcliffe would be pretty visible at United if he was in charge. I can see him doing a formal interview with MUTV right out the gate if he completed the takeover. He’s fairly comfortable in front of cameras unlike some billionaires.
I think any owner would do an interview.

The guy has a lot of other interests though, so i cant see him poking his nose in every day.

MUFC OK

Feck the naysayers, we can force this sale through. Keep up the pressure reds.

Godfather

News like that make the mess this window has been almost completely dissapear. We would back again under Ratcliffe and his consortium. Back to where this wonderful club deserves to be.

Laurencio

It won't be everyone's cup of tea, because the club will be run sensibly and with long term sustainability in mind. There would probably be a long management review process that would take a while before all the right people were put in their respective positions. However, the main issue with the Glazers - utter incompetence - would likely be a thing of the past.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Can see someone’s already changed his occupation on wiki to Manchester United owner :lol:

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Agree to disagree on how you evaluate it. I take back what I said, you are not wrong. But at the same time they have made 200m£ out of nothing...
I see where you're coming from, and if you're looking at their investment since they bought the club, you're right, they made a lot from very little. But if you look at their asset now at this moment, there would be more lucrative ways to make money with that amount. So I guess we're both a bit right :)

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
It does seem like the house of cards is collapsing. Both on and off field.
Hopefully this doesn't drag on for too long and gets sorted asap.
I think it's been evident for a while that things are collapsing big time under the Glazers. Thats what you get though when you hire incompetent people who don't have a clue what they're doing