Sir Jim Ratcliffe: I want to buy Manchester United | Will make a bid for the club [Telegraph]

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I'd take McFred as our midfield for rest of the season if it meant Jimmy boy buying the club by the 31st of August
All for it… except I don’t want our season to be over after the 2nd game of the season… makes the rest of the season boring and not interested. Let’s make some signings and hopefully this guy will take over very soon.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
He's got the perfect surname for a bluemoon nickname.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
It won't be everyone's cup of tea, because the club will be run sensibly and with long term sustainability in mind. There would probably be a long management review process that would take a while before all the right people were put in their respective positions. However, the main issue with the Glazers - utter incompetence - would likely be a thing of the past.
I agree, but i'd rather see a couple of bad seasons with improvement year on year than absolute stupidity and ineptness year on year.
Knowing we have a vision and we'd be working towards it fills me with some confidence (providing this happens)

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
This guy is an idiot. Clearly nothing to do with him but he wants the shine.

He bought Carlisle and made himself the manager. Thats the kind of shit that would happen in Footballers Wives, back in the day! Clown.
Maybe Sir Jim heard Knighton was trying to buy United again and thought 'Like feck you are'.

dinostar77

Errr....how can he hold a stake in Utd and own Nice FC (french football club). Dont UEFA normally not allow this?

ThanksBoss26

News like that make the mess this window has been almost completely dissapear. We would back again under Ratcliffe and his consortium. Back to where this wonderful club deserves to be.
We would. Not overnight but it would happen sooner rather than later.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Wrong. How much of their own money have they put in? How much have they made? They haven't put any of their money and made 200m$ in addition to whatever they will when they sell.

It doesn't matter if they put their own money to begin with. IF someone were willing to pay 4-6bn for the club they get to choose between that money and the annual income it generates.

1) Their dividends and director salaries barely adds up to a 1% annual return in the 4bn scenario. That's less than inflation currently.

2) The club is going from bad to worse. Revenue and earnings can't be expected to get better, very much the opposite (unless Superleague, etc. - that's clearly not happening)

3) No brainer?

Issue actually is finding someone ready to toss away all that money taking it off their hands.

Last edited:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Errr....how can he hold a stake in Utd and own Nice FC (french football club). Dont UEFA normally not allow this?
cant play in the same league or competitions as far as I know.

He might be forced to sell Nice perhaps

Josep Dowling

News like that make the mess this window has been almost completely dissapear. We would back again under Ratcliffe and his consortium. Back to where this wonderful club deserves to be.
It will take years to get back to where we were, with or without the Glazers. But when there is consistent bad news there is suddenly stories of the Glazers wanting to sell, appointment of DOF, link to big name players. I don’t believe any of it. The Glazers know fan revolt is brewing and the club are now in overdrive to stop mass protests. Hopefully match going fans ignore the fake news.

Godfather

It will take years to get back to where we were, with or without the Glazers. But when there is consistent bad news there is suddenly stories of the Glazers wanting to sell, appointment of DOF, link to big name players. I don’t believe any of it. The Glazers know fan revolt is brewing and the club are now in overdrive to stop mass protests. Hopefully match going fans ignore the fake news.
We will see sooner rather than later. If all this turns out to be false the revolts would truly turn out messy so I'm not sure this is a good strategy

giggs-beckham

Clueless
No chance it's Giggs for obvious reasons.
Scholes, no one would listen to him.
G Nev, maybe, but Becks is actually a good businessman with a big enough profile to perhaps fall into similar circles.
Yea I thought hes more likely to be mates with some like that. Pure hunch obviously

Chairman Steve

It’ll be probably involve some loopholing like INEOS owns Nice but Jim Ratcliffe owns United.

Or he sells Nice to fund his United venture.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
If the Glazers had any sense, they'd sell and get out of there asap.

They know they're hated, they know they're not wanted and if someone is willing to buy, it just makes sense

dinostar77

Dont forget ratcliffe also owns 33% of Mercedes F1 team. Utd marketing arm being the relentless machine it is, i can see some Mercedes/Utd teamup merchandise in the future (if he bought utd).

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Hot things happening it seems

Fk the FDJ thread lets turn this into a 2000 pager :lol:

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Ratcliffe has no mileage in saying something to help the Glazers, he clearly wants to buy the club. Whether the Glazers are producing a few well timed "no comments" to distract from club woes, is another question. I strongly suspect that Ratcliffe wouldn't talk so bullishly unless there was at least some sense that the club was available for purchase.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Dont forget ratcliffe also owns 33% of Mercedes F1 team. Utd marketing arm being the relentless machine it is, i can see some Mercedes/Utd teamup merchandise in the future (if he bought utd).
They're different companies I think, but I could live with AMG on our shirt :drool:

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'

saik

FECK GLAZERS!!!!!! GO SJR!!!!!!!!!

An appropriate message to convey for my landmark of 600th post.

stu_1992

Well well well. I don't want to get sucked in, just as I didn't want to for the previous Glazer news. But it's hard not to hold out hope...

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Do you think De Gea is in on it, too? Keep us in relegation zone till the deal is through? Clever.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Hard not to get sucked in when you want something to be true

Dazzmondo

This would be so amazing honestly. I really didn't think the Glazers would consider selling anytime soon. I still don't think it's anything like a certainty but hoping to hear something concrete soon. Not expecting it to change much about this season but it means we would have a chance to prepare properly for next season by getting the right staff and recruitment team in place.