Slagging Giggs and Scholes off...

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
There is some truly disgusting habit that's creeping into the caf lately, especially in the live match thread, which is slagging Giggs and Scholes off whenever they take the field..

Look, it doesn't matter how bad Giggs and Scholes play (let's even assume they are the worst players we have at the moment).. You just don't call them "Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime"! Because they have brought so many success to the club that you HAVE to respect them whatever they do. You have to be a classless c*nt to slag off club legends like Scholes and Giggs. They have a bad season?? So f***ing what! They were a big reason why we won the last 12 premier league titles, that we ALL are proud of. It's not their fault if they've done it before you were born! And it's definitely not their fault if you have the memory of a frog!

Scholes came out of his retirement last year FFS to save our midfield when we were in crisis! And he was our best midfielder last year! How do we reward such a player with such commitment to the club?! By insulting him for making 3 bad passes?! The hell with this season! If we can't treat our legends the way legends deserve to be treated then we're just a spoiled bunch of c*nts who don't deserve all the success THEY brought to our club..

And then people wonder why players don't show any "loyalty" these days!

/rant

An Irish Red

Scholes came out of his retirement last year FFS to save our midfield when we were in crisis! And he was our best midfielder last year! How do we reward such a player with such commitment to the club?! By insulting him for making 3 bad passes?! The hell with this season! If we can't treat our legends the way legends deserve to be treated then we're just a spoiled bunch of c*nts who don't deserve all the success THEY brought to our club..
It won't be popular and will probaly get mocked but I agree with this.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I haven't seen any real name calling or any real disrespect. Just objective criticism.

Giggs got a lot of praise today, deservedly. That will no doubt be forgotten when people start telling people they can't be criticised when they inevitably put in a poor performance.

ciderman9000000

Scholes was a silly substitution. It's not his fault, but the player to bring on was Danny Welbeck. Giggs was brilliant.

I can't be arsed reading all the spoilt brat moaning threads; can someone just quote those disrespecting Scholes and Giggs in here so we can tell the cnuts to feck off somewhere else...

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Great OP.If handled correctly, Giggs and Scholes can still be important players.They should get the respect their lengthy and successful careers really deserve no matter what.
We're gonna be extremely sad the day they truly retire.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I don't think I have agreed with much of what you've said before this Danny but you have got it pretty much spot on there for me.

TheReligion

Abusive
I think it's just we can no longer get away with playing them both together.

Coming on late in the game though, Giggs was brilliant today.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
What I don't agree with is when the players themselves are actually slagged off by the fans, even though they've given so much to the club and have been so committed.

I don't mind criticism of the manager for when he uses them in the wrong way, which he often does do, but the individual players still give us what they can and are some of our greatest ever footballers here.

Sylar

Giggs is better on the left wing than in the centre of midfield, thats obvious.

Both should be impact players. Thought Giggsy should have come on a bit earlier than he did especially for Rooney. Rooney was having a stinker and stayed on the pitch far too long imo.

Drainy

Giggs was actually pretty good when he came on, can see he's losing his athletic ability but his vision was fantastic. Scholes slowed us down way too much when he came on though.

Can't help but think we need to move on from them at the end of the season, let younger players have their chance- they can be the future of the club not Giggs and Scholes (at least not beyond a coaching capacity)

Ludens the Red

There is some truly disgusting habit that's creeping into the caf lately, especially in the live match thread, which is slagging Giggs and Scholes off whenever they take the field..

Look, it doesn't matter how bad Giggs and Scholes play (let's even assume they are the worst players we have at the moment).. You just don't call them "Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime"! Because they have brought so many success to the club that you HAVE to respect them whatever they do. You have to be a classless c*nt to slag off club legends like Scholes and Giggs. They have a bad season?? So f***ing what! They were a big reason why we won the last 12 premier league titles, that we ALL are proud of. It's not their fault if they've done it before you were born! And it's definitely not their fault if you have the memory of a frog!

And then people wonder why players don't show any "loyalty" these days!

/rant
Chris Crocker? Leave Giggsy alone?

kietotheworld

People can criticise whichever players they like, if you don't like it, tough shit.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I'd like to see a few of them. I genuinely haven't seen anything very disrespectful, unless we're talking about people getting genuinely pissed off to see them play. Actual insults directed at the players though, I can't recall any.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
People can criticise whichever players they like, if you don't like it, tough shit.
I think it's more when people are downright disrespectful to them and will ignore everything they've done for the club. I'll be the first to say when they've had poor games, but I'll take into account that they give their utmost, and that Fergie is generally at fault for fielding them in the first place if it's not the right thing to do.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Respect for the legends. We won't easily find another Giggs or Scholes for the next decade or so.

I'm always right

Scholes was a silly substitution. It's not his fault, but the player to bring on was Danny Welbeck. Giggs was brilliant.

I can't be arsed reading all the spoilt brat moaning threads; can someone just quote those disrespecting Scholes and Giggs in here so we can tell the cnuts to feck off somewhere else...
Bang on the money cider.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
The Swingometer of Hate means that the Caf will be back to slagging them off next game. It is inevitable.

Amir

I agree that some of the language towards players - legends or not - is excessive. Some of the things said about Young just a few weeks ago I could not agree with either.

But criticism is fair enough. That goes with being an active footballer. Just like knowing people will forget the bad moments and focus on the good ones is part of retirement.

Today Giggs was used brilliantly, just like he should. the Scholes sub didn't work out, but it was worth a shot with a few minutes to go.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Needs more exclamation marks.

kietotheworld

What's "disrespectful"? Is it disrespectful to say you don't want them on the pitch? To say "fecking hell" when you seen them coming on? Is it disrespectful to say they're shit if you think they're shit now? Do you have to end it with "but they used to be good"?

Don't get me wrong, I still think Scholes has a role to play at the club, but this holier than thou bollocks where people try to big themselves up by showing how respectful they are to legends and criticising others, it rubs me up the wrong way. If you think a player's been shit or should be retired you're allowed to express that opinion.

The Neviller

I'd say calling Scholes a Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime and asking what is the point of Giggs is a tad disrespectful considering what they've done for this club.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
Can you give the example of insults?
Nope, because I don't want it to get personal. Everybody knows what he said about them.

And it's not only the insults by the way, it's the general attitude as well.. Whenever Giggs or Scholes is about to come on, we get a long line of "FFS! WTF! ..." Before they even step a foot into the field! Just wait until the game is finished FFS and then analyze who did well and who didn't.. People are preparing their criticism towards Giggs and Scholes these days before they even touch the ball!

I wouldn't even ask them to call it a day.. They have earned the right to decide that themselves, whenever they call it a day, I'm fine with it. Let's show the players some loyalty for a change instead of asking THEM to show it all the time..

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
All I've ever seen is criticism of their recent performances. They get credit where its due like every other player, as shown with Giggs today.

The Neviller

What's "disrespectful"? Is it disrespectful to say you don't want them on the pitch? To say "fecking hell" when you seen them coming on? Is it disrespectful to say they're shit if you think they're shit now? Do you have to end it with "but they used to be good"?

Don't get me wrong, I still think Scholes has a role to play at the club, but this holier than thou bollocks where people try to big themselves up by showing how respectful they are to legends and criticising others, it rubs me up the wrong way. If you think a player's been shit or should be retired you're allowed to express that opinion.
And rightfully so. People wishing others would show a bit more respect and decorum towards club legends should rub you up the wrong way. After all, watching United gives you all the right in the world to abuse players who have run their guts out for the club for over 20 years.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
During game, and immediately post game some of the threads on here are bloody embarrasing.

In the cool light of day, Scholes and Giggs still have their roles to play, but they need to be very carefully utilised now.

If we're going to start with either in a 2 man midfield it really has to be the right type of game, not v Tottenham like the game at Old Trafford, as they had such a mobile pacy lineup.

Today showed the benefit of Giggs when he came on.

The 2 wingers and Rooney hadn't done a lot, but Giggs came on and played pretty well.

Scholesy didn't have as much impact, but hardly had time. He's a tricky one in that he needs the time to get warmed into the game, but then you have to monitor the games he's used in.

Last season he could barely do any wrong, came in, played in all the big away games, and pretty much had a good game each week.

Cleverley and Carrick staying fit is going to be critical, whatever way you look at it.

The Neviller

All I've ever seen is criticism of their recent performances. They get credit where its due like every other player, as shown with Giggs today.
Yeah, but as Danny says, the well done Giggs etc wasn't the initial reaction to him coming on. It was the usual "feck sake, Giggs" "what the feck are we bringing Giggs on for?" bollocks, before they'd even touched a ball. At least give them a chance to disappoint you before declaring them as shit.