Slagging Giggs and Scholes off...

Feed Me

I'm hungry
So when he had a good game v Wigan from the start, that was just an anomaly?
Don't be so literal mate. I'm not saying Scholes and Giggs should never start, but they shouldn't be integral players. Generally, their presence in starting line ups has coincided with poorer performances. To a degree, I'd say Giggs' performance from the start against Wigan was an anomaly.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Yeah just like the one against Newcastle :confused:
Played better in the second half, pretty poor in the first.

His poor performances from the start have comfortably outweighed his good ones this season.

Not having a dig, just calling it as I see it. He's shown decent form of late, mind.

apotheosis

O'Fortuna
Yeah just like the one against Newcastle :confused:
What was interesting now you bring up Newcastle, is that we played them twice before our most recent game. In both games we played 3 in the middle and completely bossed both games from start to finish.

We won 0-3 at St James in the league, and the 2-1 cup win at OT did not reflect our dominance in that game. Funny when we go back to 4-4-2 in our last encounter we struggle all game and concede 3 goals. Go figure eh?

Again i will state that playing Giggs and Scholes is not the problem in of itself. the problem is SAF's insistence on playing them in 2 man midfields, which will more often than not expose their lack of pace and mobility when we lose possession, and has done so repeatedly in my view.

It doesn't see to do the team any favours generally, and personally i cannot see how either Scholes of Giggs can particularly enjoy regularly chasing players 10 yrs younger than themselves through the gaping holes in our midfield.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Don't be so literal mate. I'm not saying Scholes and Giggs should never start, but they shouldn't be integral players. Generally, their presence in starting line ups has coincided with poorer performances. To a degree, I'd say Giggs' performance from the start against Wigan was an anomaly.
Yes i do think some are extrapolating just a bit too far from recent performances.

If we look at this in the cold light of day, this entire debate is centred around a player who is at best [as far as the starting XI goes] third in line so far as our left wing goes.

We've got Nani back and Young also available. Welbeck, Kagawa and Rooney if the formation calls for it.

That is the pool of players we should be considering with a CL game against Real Madrid on the horizon let alone the more regularly intensive nature of the Premier League.

If Giggs were to be started as consistently as some of you would like, i have no doubt that his enhanced reputation and performances would have been quite undone. He is after all still Ryan Giggs, not Benjamin Button.