Smalling Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
A thread to monitor our New Signing Chris Smalling who will join us in the next season

Reds swoop for Smalling

United have agreed terms with Fulham to sign young central defender Chris Smalling.

The 20-year-old Greenwich-born defender will join the Reds from the start of the 2010/11 season.

A club spokesperson told ManUtd.com: "Manchester United has agreed terms for the transfer of Chris Smalling from Fulham.

"Chris has agreed personal terms with the club and will join for the beginning of the 2010/2011 campaign. He will remain at Fulham until the end of the current season."

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={B4CEE8FA-9A47-47BC-B069-3F7A2F35DB70}&newsid=6645696
Wouldn't it have made more sense to let him join in this month only considering the fact Wes is injury prone and Rio has just got banned for 3 matches.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Wouldn't it have made more sense to let him join in this month only considering the fact Wes is injury prone and Rio has just got banned for 3 matches.
For us, yes. For Fulham, no.

Hoping to see him in action soon.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Manchester United is too small for him. ;)

KM

Surely this means Cathcart is likely to go on a permanent basis? (I know he's not really impressed at Watford)
I think Cathcart was not in Fergie's long term plans, a bid for him was accepted by Newcastle in the last window but the move collapsed due to some reason

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
From non-league football to Manchester United in 2-3 years? That's impressive.

Clique

A thread to monitor our New Signing Chris Smalling who will join us in the next season

To be fair, this could have made the deal our way. Loaning him back/ getting him only in the summer was a better option imo. He'd get very valuable game time against some quality opposition. Doubt he'd be there on the firing line if we had him in by the end of the month.

Xander45

Know-It-All Champion May 2009
I didn't know much about this lad. Other than he had a good game against Chelsea and Arsenal wanted to sign him. Have to keep a close eye on Fulham games now, although he's not a regular starter is he?

KM

To be fair, this could have made the deal our way. Loaning him back/ getting him only in the summer was a better option imo. He'd get very valuable game time against some quality opposition. Doubt he'd be there on the firing line if we had him in by the end of the month.
But he is not a first teamer for Fulham either Clique. Although I think you're right in saying that this could have made the deal our way

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Wonder what the Fulham fans make of it. How does he rate?
I went on a Cottagers website.

Some compare him Des Walker, Paolo Maldini and Bobby Moore. Others believe we've been mugged, future Z Knight.

prateik

wonder if maidstone get a sell on .
even 10% will be a HUGE financial boost for them

championo

Top Stalker
I hope he is agile enough, from his Fulham game, he looked like one of the klitschko brothers to me in the way he was moving and reacting.

Huiffe

We don't really know much about him at Fulham but clearly he must have been very impressive in the reserves to warrant a transfer after so few first team games. His height will certainly be a great asset to our squad when playing certain teams and hopefully playing with Hangeland every day will have helped him learn how to be successful as a tall defender.

cj_sparky

Not a done deal according to Sky. Also said Arsenal have had a bid accepted.

Fulham released a statement saying it is not a done deal, with a medical and terms to still be discussed.

Smalling Statement

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
While on TV they're saying they're getting mixed signals. Reportedly they're also saying that Arsenal have had a Bid accepted just now.
Arggh. Oh ok. If this turns out to be another Ramsey I think my head shall explode. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.