Smashley Young

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
For the 2nd one, when he cut in I just knew it was going to be a goal. Weird sense of premonition.

Cina

Well, fecked if I know anymore. I thought he was rubbish for 60 minutes and looked out of his depth, and then he goes and does that. I'll get my coat.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Excellent assist for the goal at Norwich. Then he does this, today. Stood up when needed. Well done to him.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Well, fecked if I know anymore. I thought he was rubbish for 60 minutes and looked out of his depth, and then he goes and does that. I'll get my coat.
He was our best non defender for 60 mins, Now he is man of the match

Cina

He was our best non defender for 60 mins, Now he is man of the match
Ah c'mon, he was not. He tracked back well but that's about it. Even if he was, it's hardly a resounding compliment given the quality of everyone else (bar Rio, DDG, Evans) out there today.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Anyone still upset about him cutting in on his right? :p

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
His second goal slightly reminded me of his strikes against Arsenal from outside the box. Seems to be very good at bending it in from that range.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Took his goals very well, lovely corner for Rooney's goal. Hopefully he stays free of injuries and continues the form he showed today and at the start of the season.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Young was unfairly criticized today in the matchday thread. Problem was we never got the ball to him since we were getting dominated in midfield. But his tracking back was top notch.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He wasnt playing that well but the goal certainly changed him and he had so much more confident to lead him score an absolute beauty of a goal

Dion

Thought he was utter crap going forward until the second goal :D

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I actually thought he was playing very well for the first 60 minutes of the game. He was doing a great job doubling up on Lennon with Evra, and got himself out of tight-spots very well at times. Then, when he needed to deliver a good corner before the half, he put in an absolute peach to put us ahead.

Then after his 2nd goal he really stepped it up a gear or two and was using the ball very well, and that 3rd was beautiful.

My MOM, for the way he grew into and affected the game to contribute all 3 goals.

Leg-End

When he gets a bit of confidence he really can be deadly. That second goal was almost a carbon copy of the one against Arsenal.

Aporkalypse

Hopefully thats him back in form for the rest of the season. Great finishes and he took a corner which we scored from!

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
His second goal especially, was brilliant. Credit where it's due, he won us the game today. Maybe he's not so shit.

Plan M

Young gets way too much stick around here. He's a good player and will only get better under Sir Alex's tenure.

johnmufc

Two sublime goals and a very good display, but when everyone is fit, he should not be a starter.

Although it must be said that Nani has been dreadful recently. This is always ignored on this forum, though, because here he is considered by many to be better than Wayne Rooney. Bizarre.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Two great goals that make him MOTM probably, but he wasn't nothing better than Rooney, Nani and Welbeck who had quiet games. But it's nice to see him scoring, really important goals today from him.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Two sublime goals and a very good display, but when everyone is fit, he should not be a starter.

Although it must be said that Nani has been dreadful recently. This is always ignored on this forum, though, because here he is considered by many to be better than Wayne Rooney. Bizarre.
Rooney was better?

forevrared

He's doing what he needs to do after going through a rough patch with form and injury. He's got it in him to be a game-winner, something he showed today and something the players we had before buying him may not have.

relx

Frnkie Sys
Stay off the injuries, Young man !
Young man, there's no need to feel down.
I said, Young man, pick yourself off the ground.
I said, Young man, 'cause you're in a new town
There's no need to be unhappy.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
What I like about him is that he does have goals in him and considering his specialty is that particular angle and at range, it means he can unlock defenses with a bullet. That's something that can change a game. Sadly, we've not seen Nani put one of those in for a while, but I'm sure he will.

Perhaps, with Tony V fit, we should let Nani play behind Rooney more, Nani was drifting around in that area quite a bit today anyway. Our rotation options are superb.

Aint gota Kalou

Since his injuries he's not been great but he's been pretty good at getting an assist or goal (or both!) even when he's playing pretty poorly. Some players would actually be praised for this.

He's a great backup have to Valencia and Nani, can play on either wing when either of them are injured.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
He's not been below average. That's important to note. You don't see him losing the ball and messing up passes AND being poor when defending. That's what you want from players. They can't always have a good game attacking, like Nani today, but they can still do their part in the match.
Midfielders are judged on both merits.