So are we going to buy someone today?

PTME

Reserve Team Player
Or will Fergie try to drag the United sick bay to the PL Championsip through sheer willpower alone?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Keane has watched us play lately.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Doubt it. I've never expected us to sign anyone in January, so I don't get my hopes up.

The only time I remember being really excited at this time of the year was when we signed Saha.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Did you see this question posted on the United Facebook page and you thought of asking us the same question?

Ray Peterson

Reserve Team Player
Doubt it. I've never expected us to sign anyone in January, so I don't get my hopes up.

The only time I remember being really excited at this time of the year was when we signed Saha.
Mine was when I truly released my inner muppet by watching SSN until midnight watching looped footage of Berbatov in the window at Old Trafford.

PTME

Reserve Team Player
The feck is wrong with this club. If - and that's a big if - we will lose out on the Premier Legaue title this will gow down as one of the worst managerial blunders ever. If we win the god-like status of Sir Alex will be massivly enhanced though. I guess that's football.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
My friends brothers girlfriends dads brother has just seen a chopper land on the roof of the SAF Stand... make of that what you will.

Wan

Nope. The most boring day to be a Utd fan

2 more midfielders out in Gibson and Morrison this window and still no sign of a replacement :lol:
Gibson=replaced by Scholes.
Morrison=reserves.. doesn't come into the equation. :P

DevilsOwn

we are playing today, so am guessing SAF would be to occupied to do anything other than focus on the game.

No signings for us.

Cina

Of course we won't. Generally I don't agree with signings in January but right now we are so painfully depleted that we probably should do something.

Plechazunga

Grammar partisan who sleeps with a real life Ryan
Where Albert Stubbins scored a diving header
The feck is wrong with this club. If - and that's a big if - we will lose out on the Premier Legaue title this will gow down as one of the worst managerial blunders ever. If we win the god-like status of Sir Alex will be massivly enhanced though. I guess that's football.
You're not half menstrual today

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
You're not half menstrual today
Today? Have you seen his Berbatov thread.

Anyway we weren't going to buy a first teamer. I am sure there are plenty of threads that go into the many different reasons why.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
We're signing a former member of the elite team.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
What the feck is wrong with you. You sound like a rival fan on here trolling with your postings.

Scholesgoals

Well it doesnt take a genius to spot that we are depleted in midfield

last season we said we were depleted and we have since lost fletcher

our midfielders for next season are Carrick, Anderson and Cleverley

Giggs and Scholes will both be too old, Tunnicliffe and Pogba both unproven and likely too young.

Thats three midfielders for 2 places...

that simply, starkly, and obviously is not sufficient for a team challenging on all fronts. There's no doubt about it.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Well it doesnt take a genius to spot that we are depleted in midfield

last season we said we were depleted and we have since lost fletcher

our midfielders for next season are Carrick, Anderson and Cleverley

Giggs and Scholes will both be too old, Tunnicliffe and Pogba both unproven and likely too young.

Thats three midfielders for 2 places...

that simply, starkly, and obviously is not sufficient for a team challenging on all fronts. There's no doubt about it.
You what?

I'm looking out the window and it's pissing down and almost dark. Surely it's not August already?