So basically a Keane and a Cantona away from the top?

OleTheGreat

The basic problem with the club is that, we haven't really made a huge mark in the last 5-6 markets especially in the summer. what Moyes, Van Gaal and Jose did to us was unbelievable because they weren't properly backed. Cannot expect the best of United days to be back until we properly back Ole. I think he's doing a fantastic job with the deadwood in the club and bringing in youth and energy to the team for once. I think we need to gel our players together week in week out and we'll see consistent change in the mood and the play. Of course nothing has really changed since Ole has been here but it will gradually change once our players begin to trust each other and learn how each other play. I still think we are slow with the ball but our off ball tactics are pretty good.

Our back line is sorted, our midfield can erupt if we find a system where Pogba, Fred and Mctominay can work in a three and then allow Rashford and Martial to flourish up front. Long way to go, need to get at least 4-5 more players in midfield, wings and another striker to really go for the title.

So, i agree. There's still some way to go before we can challenge the likes of Liverpool and City. I'm already dreading the nights at Anfield, Etihad but i'm very sure Ole will change the dimensions of play and we'll get to see some great football very soon and that's very clear!

Amerifan

Point wasn't that we should buy anyone - was just curious to see how many agreed that these qualities in those positions are key to what's missing - and that we're not so far off being a good side again as many will have it. Opinions seems divided so far :rolleyes:
My point is the constant emphasis on individuals is misguided. The level of the entire squad needs to step up as a unit if we’re going to be competitive at the highest levels. We aren’t a player or two or five away. We aren’t a missing skill or talent away. We’re a squad functioning at a high level away. I believe that’s the problem Ole has been addressing and that he will solve it if given time.

RedCurry

Keane, Cantona, Giggs, Rio, SAF away from winning the league.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Our first team is way off and those coming in as backup/off the bench are dire. We're at a point where it's incredibly difficult and costly to sort us out.