So far this is the best World Cup in memory

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
And I remember back to 82.

This is great - goals, open play, shocks........this has it all so far.

Duafc

Village Lemon
Couldn't agree more!

I can only properly remember form 98 onwards.

Cina

I thought 06 was a pretty fantastic WC. I remember having little interest in football for a few years prior to that. I watched every game and it really got me back into the sport. 2010 was largely really poor though.

This has been really good so far though.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
I agree, usually the first round of games are boring, but each game has had done twists in it so far, long may it continue

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
No draws so far, decent crowds, attacking football.

Much better than 2010 in every way.

Poor Africa, finally get a world cup and its the worst one ever

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Everyone's jynxing it...
It's been amazing though. Just pure passion and determination from all teams, never giving up, and actually going for it instead of parking the bus. Refreshing to see this after Uniteds season. Not one of our games this season was a patch on these games looking back.

bosnian_red

No draws so far, decent crowds, attacking football.

Much better than 2010 in every way.

Poor Africa, finally get a world cup and its the worst one ever
It was the vuvuzelas. Just killed all atmosphere and it's probably shite to play in, just hearing a loud, annoying buzz all around you.

rcoobc

It was the vuvuzelas. Just killed all atmosphere and it's probably shite to play in, just hearing a loud, annoying buzz all around you.
I swear I still have headaches because of listening to them 4 years ago

bosnian_red

I swear I still have headaches because of listening to them 4 years ago
I forgot about them until I watch a review thing of the last World Cup. God it was awful. You actually couldn't even hear the difference when a goal was scored.

Walters_19_MuFc

I agree. So far, I've watched every game, and I'm looking to continue that until the WC finishes, hopefully. Long may the action packed games continue. Hope you haven't jinxed it. :p

Shinji Pads

Been awesome so far, great attacking play! Cue England 0 Italy 0!! Haha ;)

Dans

I might even stay up for Ivory Coast Japan...........

Okocha119

3,67 goals per match so far. I don't even think we had half that goal average in South Africa at this point. Interesting point: Very few teams so far have been playing with a five man midfield, resulting in less of the game taking place in midfield, that might be the reasons why it's been so much fun so far.

rcoobc

So, usually the consensus is that the world cup is dull, there is a lack of quality and it's too long.

No more, this will be the world cup that loses the shackles. Brazil, the spiritual home. The great European teams have declined. The south america giants have risen.

I'm excited basically. I reckon this will be the best tournament in years. Or do you disagree?
Such goodness.

Sam

Best start to a World Cup that I can remember. Really hope it carries on like this.

Judas

Open to offers
Maybe it's because the last one was so unbelievably poor, but it's really been a refreshing and entertaining start. Just nice to see some first round group games where the teams just want to win instead of being scared of losing.

Last edited:

Dans

Maybe it's because the last one was so unbelievably poor, but it's really been a refreshing and entertaining start. Just nice to not see some first round group games where the teams just want to win instead of being scared of losing.
The Japan Korea one was also shite beyond belief.

Malva

Would be amazing if Bosnia upsets Argentina tomorrow :)
not impossible, more likely then how costa rica beat uruguay today imo. Bosnia has the super shotstopper in Begovic that can keep a game close single handedly, a great midfielding talent in Pjanic, and a world class striker in Dzeko. The total team is not coherent to that level of talent, but just have those 3 at their best and it's a recipe for something extremely dangerous.

Bosnia were in terrific form in their qualifiying road as well, they won all 10 of their group matches, scored 30 goals and only conceded 6.

It will be an interesting game i hope, ideally everyone will play to their best and we'll see a deserving victory, regardless of sides.

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
I have been to Zagreb while the first match was played (really nice town and amazingly friendly people!), although the penalty was awful the Match as such was as good as a first game could get. Normally they are quite boring. Next day in Graz, Netherlands left me absolutely astonished. Probably because of the nice time I had travelling around southern Europe, but yeah, best start I can remember for sure.

Banana007

The best ever for me too, alongside 2002 in Japan and Korea.

Wonderful games

There's going to be a game which lets the first round down though, you know it...

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I'm just glad those shitty horns aren't going off like in Africa, crowd noise is way better.

Wittmann45

I thought 06 was a pretty fantastic WC. I remember having little interest in football for a few years prior to that. I watched every game and it really got me back into the sport. 2010 was largely really poor though.

This has been really good so far though.
Yep, 2006 was the same for me. Zidane's revival after what I remember as a very poor season at Real Madrid was like real time nostalgia. That and Scholes returning from his injury really got me back into watching football on a regular basis again.

Dylan94

It's already surpassed 2010 by far. All the games have been fantastic up to now, even the one going on right now is already shaping up to be a great one. It just keeps on giving at the moment!

bosnian_red

not impossible, more likely then how costa rica beat uruguay today imo. Bosnia has the super shotstopper in Begovic that can keep a game close single handedly, a great midfielding talent in Pjanic, and a world class striker in Dzeko. The total team is not coherent to that level of talent, but just have those 3 at their best and it's a recipe for something extremely dangerous.

Bosnia were in terrific form in their qualifiying road as well, they won all 10 of their group matches, scored 30 goals and only conceded 6.

It will be an interesting game i hope, ideally everyone will play to their best and we'll see a deserving victory, regardless of sides.
We won 8 of them, drawing 0-0 away to Greece without Pjanic and losing at home to Slovakia somehow. The thing with us is that we play great together as a team. Everyone raises their game compared to their club form, even our best players (well you could argue Pjanic is as good for Roma), and everyone gives their all every time. This being our first world cup I hope they don't feel overwhelmed by the occasion which is definitely a possibility, especially in the Maracana, but with our players and team unity there is always a chance of an upset against anybody.

Unlikely lad

It's been great. To be fair though, first world cup I properly remember was 2002.

It's also helped that my team has trashed the supposed 'best team to ever play the game' 5-1