So... Was it a red? (Casemiro / Hughes Royal Rumble)

Was it a red?

• Red

Votes: 409 33.5%
  • Yellow

Votes: 415 34.0%
  • No card

Votes: 270 22.1%
  • Not sure

Votes: 69 5.6%
  • Can you repeat the question?

Votes: 59 4.8%

• Total voters

Cloud7

You can't have both hands around a player's neck like that. If it was one of theirs against one of ours we would rightly be calling for a red and I would have been livid if that had not been given had it happened to one of our players

thebelfastboy

Yes. You can't have your hands round someone's neck like that. Foolish and I think he knew that too

Fooza

One of those, I can see why but it's also harsh as I've seen worst that hasn't been a red.

Member 125398

Possibly, but shouldn't VAR only intervene for a clear and obvious error. I don't think it was either. Happy that we've got a team that sticks up for each other.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
His hands clearly fell on his neck. It's just a storm in a teacup

spiriticon

Not anywhere near violent conduct for me. Looked like he was just trying to stop Hughes from assaulting someone

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
It’s a show of affection in Brazil

git_united

Yeah, that was a red. So unnecessary. But great fight all around. Gotta protect our fidget spinner.

JG3001

Slow motion replay made it look worse, but it’s a red all day. Didn’t need to get involved, as I said before, don’t give the ref a decision to make

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
You cant have your hands around the neck of a opposition player. Straight red and deservedly so.

Amarsdd

No. He was holding his collar of his shirt the whole time. The moment and angle the VAR showed the ref made it look like Casemiro was choking him. If you're making ref go and look at it, feckin show him the whole thing.

Waynne

You can't have your hands around another players neck.

Stupid from Case and he's one of the senior players and should have led by example to defuse the situation.

Sviken

Not even remotely, imo. If that was a red, then a few Palace players there should have definitely been sent off as well.

BorisManUtd

I can't believe Casemiro is that brainless. Our best player probably but has to be smarter there.

arnie_ni

Possibly, but shouldn't VAR only intervene for a clear and obvious error. I don't think it was either. Happy that we've got a team that sticks up for each other.
If var says to the ref did you see case and he says no, they have to step in

Nick7

of course it was a red and it was a very good use of VAR unfortunately for us. None of the refs could have seen that and it was rightfully brought back

Dempsey19

Clear red. If he didn't have his hands on him as long as he did he may have gotten a yellow only.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
It's a red, but If weasel cnut Robertson runs in and does the same in a Liverpool match, they don't even look at it.

vangagal

Should just chokeslam Hughes to the ground. Marriner was nitpicked about those sequences though. Palace's players should get more than a yellow. Prick.