So... Was it a red? (Casemiro / Hughes Royal Rumble)

Was it a red?

• Red

Votes: 409 33.5%
  • Yellow

Votes: 415 34.0%
  • No card

Votes: 270 22.1%
  • Not sure

Votes: 69 5.6%
  • Can you repeat the question?

Votes: 59 4.8%

• Total voters

tomaldinho1

I just don’t get how it’s red. I thought originally he’d throttled him but he’s just grabbed him by the collar, there’s no strangling going on as people made out. Everyone’s pushing and shoving, Fred gets choked by someone - why not just leave it as it is with no cards for some harmless argie bargie.

Also it’s a clear yellow if anything for the palace player who takes out Antony.

Dion

You can't grab someone by the neck ffs :D don't let all the other crap decisions make you lose your head over this one.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Because it’s irrelevant. You can’t but your hands around somebody’s throat regardless of force exerted. Ludicrous this needs stating. The most obvious red and ban you’ll see all season.
Also quite ludicrous people are still saying he had hands around his throat

Red00012

I'd say
yellow to the palace guy for shoving Antony;
red and three games ban for Antony;
red and two games ban for Case;
red and two games ban for Ayew;
yellow for everyone else in the brawl.

Also, change the rules to
red and at least two games ban for everyone in a brawl.

5M fee for clubs involved in a brawl, per brawl, per player involved.
Worst post of the day goes to you pal :lol:

Garnacho's Shoelaces

Casemiro is literally acting as a peacemaker. He spots Hughes coming in around the back aggressively and grabs him by his collar/shirt to deescalate the situation.

Slow motion replays are banned in criminal trials as they have been clinically proven to infer greater intent.

If the referee writes it up as "violent conduct" then it's the easiest red cad appeal we'll ever see overturned. There's no violence.

pogbasformerbarber

I usually am not this confident, but I feel about 90% that this is going to win in appeal after the case and context (it's pretty clear in review Case was somewhat lightheartedly grabbing his collar) is presented.

Idxomer

If you zoom in on Casemiro and Hughes it’s absolutely nothing.

Never a red card

Hughes laughing about it a second later with Casemiro changed my opinion.

Not a red and it seems the friendliest thing that happened during this tussle.

Godfather

I'd say

Is this satire?

Dion

You do realise his collar is up because it's pressed between Casemiro's fingers and his neck, right? That angle is even worse than the still image.

You also can't grab people by the collar for the better part of 10 seconds, that's also a red.

Speako

It’s a clear red, but this is where there should be a considered review of punishment. One match ban for this is more than sufficient, three does not fit the crime.

TheReligion

Abusive
You do realise his collar is up because it's pressed between Casemiro's fingers and his neck, right? That angle is even worse than the still image.

You also can't grab people by the collar for the better part of 10 seconds, that's also a red.
No it’s not and no it’s not

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.

What? He’s quite clearly grabbing him by the collar not the throat. And where the heck have you got 10 seconds from?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
never a red for me

I voted Red, and when the page refreshed it said not even 40% of you thought it was too. I thought everyone was mad until seeing this video. Are his hands around his neck? Yes. Is he being violent? No. They're bloody smiling at one another FFS.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Mariner should be banned 3 games for shite refereeing. There ought to be consequences for piss-poor management of games.

AndySmith1990

Also quite ludicrous people are still saying he had hands around his throat
There's literally photo and video evidence showing his hands around the lads neck. He's obviously not strangling him but the position of his hands are there for all to see. But when we live in a world where some still argue the earth is flat, I guess its no surprise than everything will be debated regardless of evidence

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
It's a bit concerning how many experts on strangling we have on the caf
This is why Vulcans aren't allowed to play football. VAR would have trouble identifying a death grip.

RaulitoElCrack

It is good it has not cost us. Lesson should be learnt. When you are comfortable and cruising towards the win never get involved in this kind of stuff, no matter what.

You do this when the opponent is far superior to you and conpletely dominant to rile them up and change the dynamic.

JustinC00

If they uphold Casemiro's red then Ayew needs to be retroactively given a red too and if they don't want to give him a red retroactively then Casemiro's needs to be rescinded.

HookedOnAPhelan

I'd say

To what tune?

van Nistelrooy

Just remember, Nigel Pearson got away with strangling a player on the touchline once...