So where is Modric rated in best CM’s of all time ?

arnie_ni

Not sure how I've never replied there. He's easily up there in my lifetime watching footy (mid late 90s)

Him
Keane
Scholes
Xavi
Iniesta
Busquets
Kdb

Hes up there with them all

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Legend of the game. The best player on the pitch tonight.

SamVimes

One of the best ever. Hard to believe he is 38. He is just running that midfield tonight.

Scottynaldinho

Not sure how I've never replied there. He's easily up there in my lifetime watching footy (mid late 90s)

Him
Keane
Scholes
Xavi
Iniesta
Busquets
Kdb

I wouldn't out Keane and KdB on the same level as Xavi and Iniesta, probably Scholes too.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I was thinking - for all the Brazilian flair and talent that Madrid have, it was Croatia that jammed them out at the WC.

Makes you think, maybe it's Modric that holds the voodoo dolls?

glasgow 21

I wouldn't out Keane and KdB on the same level as Xavi and Iniesta, probably Scholes too.
Disagree, Keane ruled the premier league for a sustained period. Both would have got in the Barcelona team even if their names were not Keaninho and Scholerto. As for Modric he is just a V12 purring in midfield. His determination, heart, desire to play is now legendary, if a footballer was a watch he would be a Rolex.

Red the Bear

Something less generic

Him
Keane
Scholes
Xavi
Iniesta
Busquets
Kdb

One of those fellas looks a bit out of place in that company! :D

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
#1 and I’ll hear nothing else.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Keane is up there with the best of the best, he was phenomenal and brought so much to table, agree on KDB but not sure about Scholes, my heart tells me he's up there but my mind disagrees slightly.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Why Real need a midfield when they can replace everyone with Modrić ?

Intriguing if he can sustain football juice as long as Giggs, Ibra, Zanetti etc. At some point it looks like he actually could. Absolute warhorse.

galwayfa

To strike the ball he does outside of foot, does his toes go from fat one, long one, piggy stayed at hom , its mad as he schooled them, how does feet manipulate a ball that he does

MadMike

To strike the ball he does outside of foot, does his toes go from fat one, long one, piggy stayed at hom , its mad as he schooled them, how does feet manipulate a ball that he does
Did you just have a stroke or did I?

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
That burst for the Benzema goal was jaw dropping. A wonder of biology. A joy to watch.

Strelok

Scholes was used as a teaching model at La Masia. Xavi said he's the best midfielder of his generation. Pep also said that. Zidane said he's the toughest opponent he has played against in his career. So many phenomenal players have spoken about Scholes and most if not all agreed he's the best.

https://onefootball.com/en/news/pau...ldo-zidane-and-other-football-greats-34082439

Scholes seems a bit underrated by even our own fans. I started supporting United because of King Eric (the one with hair). But Scholes was my most favorite player. Still is.

Pronewbie

Peep
Clear of Scholes at this juncture in my humble opinion. Doesn't get enough plaudits the likes of Zizou, Xavi and Iniesta got in their pomp. Wish we'd got him back in the day.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
he's been "clear of Scholes" for a long fecking time m

Longlivekeano

Modric probably ranks alongside other top, top CMs like Lotthar Mattheus (West Germany/Inter Milan and Bayern Munich), Patrick Viera (France/Arsenal)

But Modric falls outside of legendary, world class midfielders of Zidane, Platini

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
In terms of midfielders in my lifetime, I would put him alone as the very best.

He can do everything.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He is up there for sure among the best I have ever watched. For sure the best/oldest CM I have ever watched. I have never seen someone like this at his age, it is ridiculous. Overall ? Tough to say

Real Name

37 years old.

Pisses on Liverpool, outrans them like there's nothing to it.

His motivation right now are the claims he's too old. He proves time and time again he still got it.

sifi36

Scholes is my favourite United player (first season I can remember properly is 97/98). Modric is my favourite non-United player, a joy to watch and has no weaknesses. Whether or not he’s the best is hard to define, but I appreciate his game the most.