g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Sofyan Amrabat | 2023/24 Performances

hobbers

Already the best left back, right back, holding mid and centre mid in the club.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I really liked what I saw from Amrabat. You can't take it that seriously, with Palace approaching the game as a free hit. However, he showed his strength, touch and passing range. Very promising. Legs next to Casemiro, finally (although he looked best tonight when nominally at left back).
I took it more as "yep he looks exactly like I expected, and his impact is exactly what I expected for what we need". It can't be understated how much his inclusion helps Casemiro. He's a "floor raiser" type player as opposed to a ceiling raiser, but that's exactly what we need in the midfield.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Really enjoyed that performance, excited to see him again.

JediSith

Crazy that this was almost an afterthought of a signing.
Not sure. I think he’s been on the radar since last winter. I think the issue is we knew he was £26m but thought we’d sell the players to fund it. So it dragged on until the last minute. But most likely he was always a summer priority, it’s just that United worked on the more expensive ones first.

avgp_1

A very solid full debut. Palace made it a bit easy but he will more often than not maintain this level on the ball. Exactly what was expected of him. Showing for the ball, playing quick passes in around himself.

But if he can keep his work ethic, concentration and energy as shown today he'll solidify his United career. He is usually a guy who does much better in the tougher fixtures, and if he can get the best out of Casemiro alongside Mount and Bruno we are sorted

OmarUnited4ever

Yep that's the question, but in terms of getting confidence and a bit of match fitness couldn't have asked for much better.
Exactly, the pace suited him and he will need few games to gel with the team and catch up with the PL pace, his quality is very obvious

Alemar

Also, it’s good to have one properly bald player in the squad. It’s been a while - since Barthez perhaps

LInkash

Not sure. I think he’s been on the radar since last winter. I think the issue is we knew he was £26m but thought we’d sell the players to fund it.
Hundreds of players are on our radar but in the end, we had to put together a last minute loan deal in order to get him.

tomaldinho1

"I feel scapegoated for having hair!"
Apparently ETH shoved him over in the dressing room but Amrabat helped him up, it was only when Sancho had recovered his senses after the shock he realised Sofian had put something in his hand. It was a veet pouch. Confused he looked up and saw Amrabat smiling at him, rubbing his own head and winking.

Red Rash

Not sure. I think he’s been on the radar since last winter. I think the issue is we knew he was £26m but thought we’d sell the players to fund it. So it dragged on until the last minute. But most likely he was always a summer priority.
Yea agreed I think the lack of outgoings meant the transfer was delayed but I think ETH wanted him at least from the start of the summer.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
People should focus more on what a potential new signing brings in the way of enhancing a playstyle and not whether the manager signed the player and what not.

I've consistently said that once Amrabat and Mainoo return to the team, they'll make a difference at the base of the midfield. And the game tonight was against a opponent that sat off and allowed us to play, but you still have to exert control in possession and keep the opponent in their own half, which we did for long periods.

Amrabat started wide at left back and rotated positionally with both Casemiro and Maguire. Casemiro at times stepped into Maguire's position with Maguire stepping into Amrabat's role out wide and Amrabat coming into midfield. It was good to see that sort of positional rotation.

HookedOnAPhelan

With all due respect, he is not bald. He has chosen to shave his hair, that's a look he's cultivating to be fashionable and we don't really consider him part of the bald community.

Woziak

Looks like a proper player
Looks like him and Casemiro get each other that will be a beast duo in a double pivot. I’d like to see us continue with the 3241 idea cause we have no full backs apart from Dalot fit, we played this way in large phases of the game; so I’d like to see
This team on Saturday ;

Onana,

V Lindelof R Varane. J Evans
S Amrabat, Casemiro
D Dalot Bruno M Mount Rashford
Martial

Subs
Bayinder, H Maguire, H Mejbri,
S McTominay,, D Gore, A Garnaucho,
C Ericssen,, F Pellistri, R Hojlund

Injured
L Martinez, AWB, L Shaw, T Mallacia, S Reguilon, A Dialo, k Mainoo,, T Heaton

Not used
DVB, J Sancho,

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
With all due respect, he is not bald. He has chosen to shave his hair, that's a look he's cultivating to be fashionable and we don't really consider him part of the bald community.
He’s been engaging in cultural slap-propriation? Expect a club statement tomorrow

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
He's done well, composed on the ball, strong in 1v1, aggressive enough. That's what I like. CP didn't press at all though, so it's pretty easy game tbh, but good signs. Should be paired to Casemiro as a no6/8 hybrid to bring more composure to our game..

AlexUTD

Apparently ETH shoved him over in the dressing room but Amrabat helped him up, it was only when Sancho had recovered his senses after the shock he realised Sofian had put something in his hand. It was a veet pouch. Confused he looked up and saw Amrabat smiling at him, rubbing his own head and winking.
And then Alex Ferguson, EtH and all the players gathered around him point and laughing until Sancho couldnt take it anymore running out in the car park where his bro J-Lingz sat in the car waiting for him. He jumps in and cries but J-Lingz poses for a snapchat and Sanch pauses in the middle of crying to smile and do the peace sign.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
I took it more as "yep he looks exactly like I expected, and his impact is exactly what I expected for what we need". It can't be understated how much his inclusion helps Casemiro. He's a "floor raiser" type player as opposed to a ceiling raiser, but that's exactly what we need in the midfield.
Exactly

Big Ray

I knew my eyes weren’t deceiving me. This man is a beast and probably only operating at 75%. Imagine him at full pelt. He has lungs like park, can pass like Carrick and tackle like Keane. What a partner to compliment Casemiro. I know palace weren’t great but taking into account his match fitness that was still a brilliant full debut. Thank god he didn’t want liverpool and thank god Barca couldn’t afford his fee. Hope all the doubters / detractors enjoying are eating a bit of humble pie as well.