Sofyan Amrabat | 2023/24 Performances

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Thought he was excellent 2nd half, brilliant at carrying the ball and passing was spot on. Would like to see him more in the actual midfield

Gordon S

I like him, think he should be starting games for us in midfield. Might be a controversial take but i rather see him in the starting 11 than Casemiro. Casemiro just feels a bit too erratic in his midfield displays, a couple of nice highlights moments mixed up with some pretty poor moments. If Amrabat gets into it i think he could be very good for us. Him and Mainoo could work well, atleast in my head.

But we can also conclude that neither him or Victor are leftbacks, not even close, both looks completely lost there.
Erik must find a different solution there. Maybe a 3 at the back formation, oooor just throw in Amass at the deep end. Far from ideal but not sure it could be worse than what we are seeing with players so far out of position.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Thought he was excellent 2nd half, brilliant at carrying the ball and passing was spot on. Would like to see him more in the actual midfield
Only works against a team sitting off and trying to hit you on a counter. I don't think he's great when teams are happy to go toe to toe.

LDUred

Amrabat has been decent imo.

He's useful playing in that inverted full back role and can also play as a conventional, deep-lying midfielder. It's more a question of his adapting to the pace of the game in the UK than him being someone totally out of his depth.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Casemiro has been pretty crap all season. I didn't have a issue when he was signed because it was stated that the dressing room at the time was at a all time low and needed leadership with players like Mainoo yet to emerge who could then be guided by players like Casemiro.

But eventhough his goals and assists are important, our play isn't functional because we have one too many players in central areas who constantly look for the vertical pass, rather than the pass that leads to control and cohesion. And that's without focusing on the mistakes he's made this season.

If you have a midfielder who is better at receiving, carrying and passing the ball, then he should play imo.

I don't disagree. He was so vital last year because we tended to play more of a midblock system that didn't require him to cover as much space, and it seemed obvious he also was a step quicker in his actions so his defensive contributions were immense. But now he's that he's lost a step he's committing to tackles and losing out while still being sloppy in possession.

SAFMUTD

Thank God we didn't had enough funds to make this transfer permanent. He's shit

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Why do we sign players who are shit and slow on the ball? Our most composed player out there is a teenager. It's a bad look.

theatreofdreams777

There were ones who thought Amrabat will be our saviour in midfield and transform it :lol: And saying he's much better than Fred. Grass is always greener on the other side of the fence I guess.

Fred was twice the player Amrabat is. We had a downgrade when we sold him and loaned this guy for the same amount of money. This is a sackable offence in itself.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
So many posters thought he was some key signing. It was clear as day that these mistakes will happen. He's far too slow for this level.

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
Spending €20m in the summer to trigger his buy option would be a mistake

hobbers

Cannot believe Erik chased this lump all summer while Klopp scouted out and signed Macallister, Endo, Szoboszlai and Gravenberch.

And he signed them all for less than £8m per season amortised, which is what we've paid for Amrabat.

rajds89

Another player our manager was desperate to get all summer who turns out to just be pure shit.

Bobski

He is so clunky in his movement, actually not that slow when he gets up to pace but his initial movement just exposes him to losing the ball in the PL, given the pace of the game. Add a bit of a ratty first touch and it is hard to see him as a PL player.

Actually thought he might come on earlier given how quiet Mainoo was, but not exactly a winning sub.

slored1

From day 1 of us being linked to him I had a bad feeling about bringing him in. Not done anything to prove me wrong, just not up for it in the Prem.

No1_Dave

Biggest problem with Amrabat is he's just slow, slow in moving, slow in running with the ball, slow in controlling the ball, generally just looks and feels slow and cumbersome, he feels like the midfield version of Maguire, in direct contrast to Mainoo who's quick and nimble and good control on the ball.

So the loan deal definitely should end at the end of the season.

AndySmith1990

Not being content with throwing a useless plodder up front last season, Ten Hag then proceeds to throw a useless plodder into midfield this season. When will this madness end

Superunknown

He's been a downgrade on what we had before, which also wasn't good enough. Another very poor signing. Thank god it's not permanent.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I can't believe people argued with me about him being slow by showing that one clip of him chasing back against Mbappe :lol:

feck sake

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City

Another who looks like he won a competition
Just horrific. Could've brought the ball under control much sooner but his technique is so poor. And when he finally got round to putting his foot on the ball, the touch wasn't the right one in the situation. How is he a centre midfielder?

Chinchy98

Maguire with a skinhead.

Has the ability to receive the ball under pressure of a League 1 player.

Not sure how he’s had a top flight career in all honesty, I couldn’t tell you what he’s actually good at?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Amrabat is one of the many in this squad who lacks the pace, power and poise for the Premier League. Much better suited to the slow tempo and simplicity of internationals. For the loan fee we paid for Amrabat, I am convinced we could have signed a midfielder from the Championship who could have made a bigger contribution to our rotation.

Nico87

Certain shirt numbers at our club must be cursed since Bruce have we actually had anybody eke out a successful career here wearing the number 4. Even the successes can only muster one decent season before becoming crocks or cnuts.

mu4c_20le

Amrabat is one of the many in this squad who lacks the pace, power and poise for the Premier League. Much better suited to the slow tempo and simplicity of internationals. For the loan fee we paid for Amrabat, I am convinced we could have signed a midfielder from the Championship who could have made a bigger contribution to our rotation.
He wasn't even particularly impressive in Serie A, just a solid player for Fiorentina.