g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Sofyan Amrabat | 2023/24 Performances

Ekeke

Maybe an option is to use him as in inverted fullback, the zinchenko role from the right. Could be a way to bring his ball retention qualities without having to drop any of Casemiro, Bruno, Mount ( or Eriksen).
He doesnt move very fast, wingers will blast past him. Would be similar to McTom at fullback

NZT-One

This is pure tripe. Did you not watch the pace Morocco played with at the World Cup?! Fast free flowing football and amrabat was at the centre of it.
Fast freeflowing football... Ok then. Others have labeled it very deep defensively and looking for counters. Which might have helped him look so astute defensively.

dubplate warrior

Fast freeflowing football... Ok then. Others have labeled it very deep defensively and looking for counters. Which might have helped him look so astute defensively.
Either way, he is immediately our most press resistant midfielder and will add lots of physicality and tenacity we need in the middle. Will instantly improve us in the middle. I also think it would be a good idea to try Mount on the right when he is back.

NZT-One

Either way, he is immediately our most press resistant midfielder and will add lots of physicality and tenacity we need in the middle. Will instantly improve us in the middle. I also think it would be a good idea to try Mount on the right when he is back.
Like the enthusiasm. Lets wait for his 1st minute played for a top club, in the Premier league, under immense pressure before we are thinking where to place the statue. Thank god, it seemingly was only a small injury, a longer one and folks would be talk about him like the 2nd coming of Gullit.

dubplate warrior

Like the enthusiasm. Lets wait for his 1st minute played for a top club, in the Premier league, under immense pressure before we are thinking where to place the statue. Thank god, it seemingly was only a small injury, a longer one and folks would be talk about him like the 2nd coming of Gullit.
He's not an amazing player, but he doesn't need to be with respects to the attributes I mention. We're lacking those in buckets.

No one is hailing him as a saviour, but we're a team who could desperately use someone with his profile right now.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I will enjoy his first 5 games for us because after that he will get used to the trashyness.

Kramer

I agree with this. I think a double pivot of him and Casemiro will really help the team defensively and improve us significantly. Will also help Casemiro a lot and bring out the best in him.

Have also thought about playing Mount on the right. We need players who can play quality balls into the box in the final third to maximize Hojlund’s potential as a striker and Mount could be an excellent weapon on the right hand side.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Shit left back. Send him back to Florence. :wenger:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Reckon he shines his head before the game? That dome was glistening

ti vu

1/10. Shite Dennis Irwin wannabe right footed LB cameo.

RuudtheRed

Did nothing wrong with the ball. Though admittedly, he didn't touch the ball

Bwuk

He looks like Andrew Tate.

Good to see him getting minutes. We need players who can run.

Yagami

Good post resistant
So weird watching him for us. Been a fan a long time and never thought he'd end up here. I hope he settles well.

Bondi77

Looks like he has been on a good paddock....needs to lose a few kilos.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The most annoying part of reguilons injury (if he misses time) is with him. He's gonna be the make shift fullback as a result. So the big benefit that he was supposed to bring to our midfield which I've been dying to see for us won't happen, but instead he'll be covering out of necessity to start his time here in the prem where he'll likely then have a very tough start up against tricky and fast wingers, then lowering his confidence while our midfield is still just not working. Basically.... can't afford to have others miss time, need him used where he can actually be a big plus.

Also I'm guessing he was nowhere near fit given he played just a few minutes, and the game was crying out for someone like him.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Could be the answer at left back.

Says absolutely nobody.
A tough introduction to the team that one. Hopefully the only time we ever have to play him there.

Alan Partridge

My one reservation with him was the amount of fouls he’ll concede. Hopefully I’m wrong and the premier league attacks don’t have a field day falling over his big legs.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He looks like Andrew Tate.

Good to see him getting minutes. We need players who can run.
More like Nacho Varga.

I think the objective of throwing him on yesterday was to get the nerves of a debut out of his system. If he plays fullabck again, it will be on the right with Dalot moving to the left.

Idxomer

He isn't a left-back.

Hopefully, he isn't put there because he played a couple of games in that position 7 years ago in Holland.

DavelinaJolie

He isn't a left-back.

Hopefully, he isn't put there because he played a couple of games in that position 7 years ago in Holland.
Surely the most obvious reason is Reguilon needed to come off due to his illness, and we just needed a body to see out the game there and Amrabat would compromise the team in the pitch the least?

I'd be surprised if he plays there again unless it's an emergency?

OrcaFat

Barely worth commenting on his cameo because it was a weird moment to make a debut and it’s the first minutes he’s had for weeks. However, I would say he didn’t quite look match-ready!

Brianschoccysurprise

Can we not bring a full back up fron the under 23s? I hate the idea of him having to focus on left back duties rather than what we are all hoping he will be really good at, which is being some kind of Busquets/Modric hybrid

Mickson

Can we not bring a full back up fron the under 23s? I hate the idea of him having to focus on left back duties rather than what we are all hoping he will be really good at, which is being some kind of Busquets/Modric hybrid
Our best left-back is a guy born in 2007 who has played about three matches for our U18.