Sofyan Amrabat | 2023/24 Performances

statpadder

Been raving about this guy since the world cup. So glad he’s ours and he’ll make a huge difference.

suheilsworld

Love him already. He’s going to be a fan favorite along with Licha and Case

Manchester United's Sofyan Amrabat, speaking to Sky Sports: "I think it was the perfect night. We played very well and most importantly won 3-0.

"I played for an hour so I think [it was] a perfect night."

On making his debut: "Since I was a child, I worked for this. I worked very hard my whole career, my whole life for this. To play here is amazing.

"It's Tuesday and the stadium is full, it's fantastic."

On playing left-back: "I told the manager I would play wherever he needs me, wherever the team need me, even if it's goalkeeper.

"I'll play where I can help the team. Today it was left-back but I had a bit of a free role and I played a lot in the midfield. It was nice.

"I like to touch the ball and have it always. I'm not a left-back that will play from the line. I tried to give the team an extra option.

"I'll play where the team needs me, I prefer to play in midfield but if it's left-back, it's left-back."

On his fitness: "I'm not at my best at the moment because I've not had a perfect pre-season and a little injury.

"I've trained really hard the last two or three weeks to get to 100% but I need games. If you play games you get stronger and better.

"It's not been the most easy time but it's clear United is a huge club. The pressure is high but we want this. We want to win and we'll push very hard to win and give the fans much more."

fanutd

Manchester United's Sofyan Amrabat, speaking to Sky Sports: "I think it was the perfect night. We played very well and most importantly won 3-0.

On making his debut: "Since I was a child, I worked for this. I worked very hard my whole career, my whole life for this. To play here is amazing.

On playing left-back: "I told the manager I would play wherever he needs me, wherever the team need me, even if it's goalkeeper.

"I'll play where I can help the team. Today it was left-back but I had a bit of a free role and I played a lot in the midfield. It was nice.

"I like to touch the ball and have it always. I'm not a left-back that will play from the line. I tried to give the team an extra option.

"I'll play where the team needs me, I prefer to play in midfield but if it's left-back, it's left-back."

On his fitness: "I'm not at my best at the moment because I've not had a perfect pre-season and a little injury.

"I've trained really hard the last two or three weeks to get to 100% but I need games. If you play games you get stronger and better.

"It's not been the most easy time but it's clear United is a huge club. The pressure is high but we want this. We want to win and we'll push very hard to win and give the fans much more."

What a man! Perfect attitude and said all the right things. Can't wait until he gels with his teammates and also reaches peak fitness :drool:

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

Good guy.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Great early signs of his professionalism and desire to play for us.

I remember being similarly enthralled by Fred's words about 'carrying the piano for the artists to play' and his time here didn't exactly pan out the way we wanted it to. So I'll be cautiously optimistic here as well.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I liked him very much at the WC. IMO the type of midfielder United lacked for quite a while.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Is he actually bald or is he doing an ashely young?

T Red

Such a breath of fresh air, honestly cant remember the last time a player walked into this team for the first time and did exactly what he was brought in to do.
You couldn't have asked for a better debut.

Kept it simple, didn't force it he just did the basics which is exactly what we have been lacking. Too many players in the team who can pull off the spectacular sometimes but are completely poor in doing the simplest of things.

Made Cas have the freedom to do his thing and look like the world class player he has always been. Funny how a bunch of cafas on here kept insisting he can only play in stead of Cassy and not with, therefore he shouldn't be bought. Long may it continue

Reactions: Cheimoon

IRELANDUNITED

He would rather play left back for Manchester United than in midfield for Liverpool. What’s not up love about this guy :D

Kostov

He is what we pretended McT and Fred to be, and he was half fit tonight. Great game and I think he will be a fan favorite.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I liked him very much at the WC. IMO the type of midfielder United lacked for quite a while.
Pretty much this, even if he's not elite, he's filling a gaping hole in our squad that improves our midfield immensely.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Yep hes the profile we have severely missed. Should be a great signing when he gets up to the speed of the Prem.

gaffs

Looked good tonight. But Palace were piss poor. Cant wait to see what he does against real opposition. We could have used him against Arsenal and Spurs for sure.

Wing Attack Plan R

Wonderful attitude. I love him. What a great signing.

SER19

Having a player who constantly wants the ball really shows up some players who have played in the middle in recent years

spiriticon

Did he say that? Amazing.

True 90's United mentality.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
So many great qualities and abilities even if he isn't necessarily the greatest at any of them. The engine and desire to succeed here will serve us immensely. Can't see him going into hiding in a big match, which we knew already given the WC exploits but feels so refreshing to see in our shirt. Will be a proper upgrade to the squad.

Woziak

This guy must start Saturday, he creates a strong defensive wall but it’s the way he keeps and recycles the ball that impresses me and his positional play. Plus he’s 6’2 and so press resistant, next to Casemiro, Varane, Maguire or Evans we look like a real threat from corners and free kicks.