Sofyan Amrabat | 2023/24 Performances

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
The thing which i will always remember about him will be two things;
1. His first game which was maybe only really good game for us.
2. His loan fee. 10 mil loan fee for a player whos market value is 20-25 mil.

Last edited:

jem

The thing which i will always remember about him will be two things;
1. His first game which was maybe only really good game for us.
2. His loan fee. 10 mil loan fee for a player whos market value is 20-25 mil.
Well to be fair, he still has time to make an impact when he gets back from AFCON; wildly optimistic I know, but still.

Betson

Pity all of ETH's signings were not loan signings , we would be a lot better off financially if we could just hand back Anthony , Mount etc as well.

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
He's a much better player than he's been allowed to show here so far, not having a proper pre season even with his own club hasn't helped fitness and sharpness wise. I think some might be surprised at seeing a different player due to extra fitness and sharpness following the AFCON.

Pickle85

I'm not sure that Zambia offer the sort of test that we want to make decisions off the back of.

Irwin99

To be fair he has shown a few glimpses of quality here and there- his debut on the left and the game against Chelsea for instance. The big problem was that he just looked so off the pace at times and struggled with the intensity of the league. In the Liverpool game for example he looked so slow to everything. I don't anticipate much when he returns but he's not a bad player, probably just isn't right for the league.

Blood Mage

Maybe a lot of our players are good actually and Ten Hag is making them look utter shite. Been saying that for a while.

pogoss

it was undeserved, he wasn't that good and today he was pretty bad.

Dwight Corke

Amrabat took his Premier League form to AFCON. He looked like half the player he was 14 months ago. We'd be mad to exercise purchase option.

P.S. Would take Ronwen over Onana any day

redcucumber

Maybe a lot of our players are good actually and Ten Hag is making them look utter shite. Been saying that for a while.
Probably a mixture of the two. Amrabat is average as feck, isn't that painfully obvious at this point?

tomaldinho1

Or just watch Amrabat and see he's quite a bog standard player. Everyone who rated him did so based off his international form which is almost irrelevant to how he does at the domestic level. He's not terrible, he's just painfully average.

If I didn't tell you his name and just said; FYI United are looking into buying a 27 year old DM who has bounced between a lot of clubs (Utrecht, Feyenoord, Brugge, Hellas, Fiorentina) never staying anywhere more than 3 seasons and Fiorentina are open to selling him for about £20m, you could probably get a good indication of his level.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Or just watch Amrabat and see he's quite a bog standard player. Everyone who rated him did so based off his international form which is almost irrelevant to how he does at the domestic level. He's not terrible, he's just painfully average.

If I didn't tell you his name and just said; FYI United are looking into buying a 27 year old DM who has bounced between a lot of clubs (Utrecht, Feyenoord, Brugge, Hellas, Fiorentina) never staying anywhere more than 3 seasons and Fiorentina are open to selling him for about £20m, you could probably get a good indication of his level.
Plus if he was that good, the Milan clubs, Napoli, juventus and Roma would be all over him too. But none have ever held any interest

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
The Alternative comms just reminded me - I too was absolutely convinced he was going to give a penalty away at the end yesterday :lol:

Actually was a fine cameo in the end... I think I would genuinely prefer him at LB then Lindelof.

uwotm8

I think he's been dismissed prematurely. As a midfielder he is strong, can tackle, position and perform simple passes. He hasn't had the luxury of playing with us much when Mainoo has been otherworldly and generally on a winning run.

He should get a run out this season and I think fans will be pleasantly surprised. Especially if Case is not performing/cba/suspended. Not saying we should be signing him but I believe it would be a good midfield combination worth trying.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The Alternative comms just reminded me - I too was absolutely convinced he was going to give a penalty away at the end yesterday :lol:

Actually was a fine cameo in the end... I think I would genuinely prefer him at LB then Lindelof.
God no. Amrabat looked drunk when he was at full back before, Ten Hag quickly moved him out of it for a reason.

diarm

God no. Amrabat looked drunk when he was at full back before, Ten Hag quickly moved him out of it for a reason.
His best performance for us, by a country mile, was his debut where he played left back.

I don’t remember him playing there again after that. It’s been very mediocre midfield displays ever since.

Unam333

He looks quite slow. Not much quicker than Mainoo and Casemiro I'm afraid. To me his positioning vs Luton looked a bit off as well. He hasn't played that many minutes, so it's hard to assess him. Would I like him on left back this Saturday? Yes I would. I would even sub Amrabat on for Casemiro when the latter picks up his customary yellow card.

Bertie Wooster

His best performance for us, by a country mile, was his debut where he played left back.

I don’t remember him playing there again after that. It’s been very mediocre midfield displays ever since.
I think he started LB in his first 3 games?

His debut when we beat Palace in the cup, then when we lost to Palace in the league and to Galatasaray in the CL?

Bertie Wooster

I think Amrabat certainly has enough about him to be a good squad player here - like Sabitzer and his loan last season.

It's not gone well so far for a variety of reasons - late arrival and initial injury, starting off filling in at LB, never really having a run of games and playing most of his games in a struggling and weakened team before our improvement, etc.

I think he has a ceiling - don't see him as a key performer in a top team - but he can be a key performer in a certain level team, and a more than useful squad player in a top team. It's not worked out here so far, but he's definitely got a lot more about him than he's showed so far.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

It really wasn't. He was burned as a fullback.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Have you seen Lindelof at Left Back?

A traffic cone would be more useful.
Yeah Lindelof is poor, but his positioning is better. I remember a live game, cant remember which one, but Amrabat was completely and utterly lost, I think he gave away a cheap yellow because he couldn't be bothered to run with the player. He wasn't put back at LB since.

I genuinely think Lindelof might have more acceleration than Amrabat as well, which is a big factor when you're a left back.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Yeah Lindelof is poor, but his positioning is better. I remember a live game, cant remember which one, but Amrabat was completely and utterly lost, I think he gave away a cheap yellow because he couldn't be bothered to run with the player. He wasn't put back at LB since.

I genuinely think Lindelof might have more acceleration than Amrabat as well, which is a big factor when you're a left back.
Impossible

Lindelof would make Juan Mata look like Usain Bolt.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think he's been dismissed prematurely. As a midfielder he is strong, can tackle, position and perform simple passes. He hasn't had the luxury of playing with us much when Mainoo has been otherworldly and generally on a winning run.

He should get a run out this season and I think fans will be pleasantly surprised. Especially if Case is not performing/cba/suspended. Not saying we should be signing him but I believe it would be a good midfield combination worth trying.
He's maybe better than the system is giving him credit for, but I don't think there's much we're missing. For all of Casemiro's flaws, he still brings a lot more to the table than Amrabat can offer.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
The silly thing about this particular transfer is that it's technically a loan, but we basically paid as if we were planning to sign him. £8m loan fee for a year, with £18m to make it permanent which we've only done because we could not squeeze him in within FFP.

I wonder where we will go with him after this season. He's a ten Hag boy so preference will be probably to keep him but can we really afford to spend close to £20m on a player that probably won't contribute much to a winning side?