Sofyan Amrabat | signs for United on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Royal

He's got a set price, and wants to come. It seems like the easiest deal in the world if we manage to shift one of the midfielders.
You must know as well as I do United don't do easy transfers.
The ones we have done this window have been better than previous seasons but still a bit drawn out.

Wouldn't be surprised if we sell McT and then Fiorentina suddenly decide they want another £5-10M cos it is late in the window.

Mainoldo

This was always my concern with this one. Our inability to sell players in a timely fashion would allow another club to swoop in and get a deal done before us.
Me too. I mean look at Liverpool getting Lavia over the line quickly and Chelsea tying up Caicedo.

But serious note. I wouldn’t worry. Bayern’s money is tied up in Kane atm.

kaku06

Vulgarian
This was always my concern with this one. Our inability to sell players in a timely fashion would allow another club to swoop in and get a deal done before us.
I assume that ten hag already has talked to Amrabat and assured that we would sign him. Given his good relationship with ten hag he is holding on for us hence his rejection to sign for other clubs. Atleast that’s what I hope.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
Me too. I mean look at Liverpool getting Lavia over the line quickly and Chelsea tying up Caicedo.

Yeah, I think they'll probably look to sell goretzka first. Hopefully we can tie up our businesses and sort this one out by then.

ShinjiNinja26

Hopefully that’s the case, I think he’d be a quality addition to the squad and give us some real depth in midfield.

I assume that ten hag already has talked to Amrabat and assured that we would sign him. Given his good relationship with ten hag he is holding on for us hence his rejection to sign for other clubs. Atleast that’s what I hope.
Aye, he seems really keen to join us and his relationship with ETH will certainly help but he won’t wait forever, and if we can’t shift a few players on in time then a move to a club like Bayern will start to look very appealing.

jesperjaap

Is Amrabat any good? Genuine question as until the world cup I had never heard of him. I mean the few times seen him play, i have bee impressed, but that is literally the world cup and latter stages of the Europa league.

Before last season he appears from what I have read anyway, to have been a decent journeyman type player/ Does he actually offer a serious upgrade in terms of experience and ability on what e have as I think Mainoo is a great back up to Casemeiro....or with appearing to let Hannibal go out on loan and selling other CM, is Mainoo really hte back up to Mount?

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
Is Amrabat any good? Genuine question as until the world cup I had never heard of him. I mean the few times seen him play, i have bee impressed, but that is literally the world cup and latter stages of the Europa league.

Before last season he appears from what I have read anyway, to have been a decent journeyman type player/ Does he actually offer a serious upgrade in terms of experience and ability on what e have as I think Mainoo is a great back up to Casemeiro....or with appearing to let Hannibal go out on loan and selling other CM, is Mainoo really hte back up to Mount?
Mainoo is too young to expect too much from. Casemiro can't handle the DM workload by himself for the whole season. Then there's the actual skillset. Amrabat offers something no one else in our midfield does. A ball progressor who is press resistant and strong defensively. There will be some games where he would be preferred ahead of Casemiro and some where he would partner him, either starting or to close out a game. I imagine he will replace Casemiro in the near future, until Mainoo is ready to claim that spot.

philippexyz

I knew this is going to be another Kim Min Jae story - hijack. By Bayern again, nonetheless. He's clear he wants to leave Fiorentina for a relatively cheap price(€30m) this window, and he ain't waiting forever. Cheapest reliable Casemiro cover we could get right now.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Are Bayern just copying all our transfers or something?

OrcaFat

Mainoo is too young to expect too much from. Casemiro can't handle the DM workload by himself for the whole season. Then there's the actual skillset. Amrabat offers something no one else in our midfield does. A ball progressor who is press resistant and strong defensively. There will be some games where he would be preferred ahead of Casemiro and some where he would partner him, either starting or to close out a game. I imagine he will replace Casemiro in the near future, until Mainoo is ready to claim that spot.
Also to compete every day with Casemiro so that he keeps his level up. I agree sometimes Amrabat may be preferred tactically but he also may get ahead of Case on form (sometimes and sometimes not).

AltiUn

I also don’t think Mainoo will end up that deep either, think he’ll end up as an 8.

Oranges038

From what I've seen if him. He's also a great talker and organiser from the centre, controls those around him and the shape, especially when getting behind the ball. It's qualities like that, that can sometimes get overlooked, because there's no stats to back it up.

croadyman

I knew this is going to be another Kim Min Jae story - hijack. By Bayern again, nonetheless. He's clear he wants to leave Fiorentina for a relatively cheap price(€30m) this window, and he ain't waiting forever. Cheapest reliable Casemiro cover we could get right now.
Stop panicking you make me look calm

OrcaFat

He is relatively cheap because he only has a year on his contract (I gather). He won’t be cover. He will be direct competition with Casemiro and a tactical option.

Imo we should have no interest in players who aren’t good enough to compete for a starting place. This guy is good enough.

NLunited

He is an upgrade on McT and Fred because of his playmaking and press resistance. He also has a combative character which is what Ten Hag is looking for, and can deputize for Cas or play alongside him when needed.

I‘m not sure where Mainoo will end up playing: he was very impressive in any midfield position I‘ve seen him in. I hope he gets a decent amount of playing time this season.

eselfor

Are Bayern just copying all our transfers or something?
Talk about copying, there is one constant: Thomas Tuchel. He did the same at Chelsea by hijacking City and Arsenal transfer targets. I’m convinced TT is the one driving this.

userman

Why is West Ham not signing this guy for less than what McTominay seemingly would cost them? If we see him as an upgrade they probably will as well..

AltiUn

Talk about copying, there is one constant: Thomas Tuchel. He did the same at Chelsea by hijacking City and Arsenal transfer targets. I’m convinced TT is the one driving this.
With our patchy hit rate over the last decade we're the last team he should be copying :lol:

IhabX7

We should have gotten him, not in addition to, but instead of Mount. That is unless Mount is a substitute for Bruno, which for 70mil or whatever it was, would still be a strange decision. I really hope Ten Hag has a well thought out plan, I'm starting to doubt it a little bit.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
We should have gotten him, not in addition to, but instead of Mount. That is unless Mount is a substitute for Bruno, which for 70mil or whatever it was, would still be a strange decision. I really hope Ten Hag has a well thought out plan, I'm starting to doubt it a little bit.
Feck me! And I think I'm a negative sod. :lol:

izec

His master plan was to play Mount and Bruno in front of Casemiro, which clearly does not work, as both are too offensive. Plan B is the bench for Mount and to play an actual CM in there, like Amrabat. Not sure why we needed to spend 55m on Mount to find that out, when it was obvious it would not work.

Terry Chango

His master plan was to play Mount and Bruno in front of Casemiro, which clearly does not work, as both are too offensive. Plan B is the bench for Mount and to play an actual CM in there, like Amrabat. Not sure why we needed to spend 55m on Mount to find that out, when it was obvious it would not work.
The seasons not even started yet you plonker :lol:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Season hasn't started but you have made up your mind.
City have done it effectively for years. There's a reason we and Arsenal are trying to follow suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.