Sofyan Amrabat | signs for United on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yorke to Cole

I could be wrong with this and I acknowledge that this is not necessarily the correct discussion to post this under, but I predict that United will sell Martial and buy that midfielder from Everton.

I just think that if Amrabat was an elite priority, they could have gone got him by now, without major sales. We know Van De Beek is going to leave. That would not hold up the acquisition of Amrabat given he is not expensive.

The significant movement is.as things stand, it is 85% now known that you know who is coming back. Ten Hag wants another attacker as what we have is not enough for the season. Martial is not reliable for us, but he could still do a job for another side at the top level. That money will go towards the bloke from Everton as he is young and can be developed (that is what Ten Hag thinks anyway).

As I say, I hold my hands up, if I am wrong, but that is my gut instinct.

James35

I’ll just be fecking livid if we do not get a midfielder in, preferably Amrabat, but definitely some fecker!

We don’t get one I honestly think the season will be extremely difficult just to get 4th never mind improving on last season.

If he goes to Liverpool though that would be funny after all the piss taking aimed at them lately.

Chief123

I was surprised (also not surprised) to see Amrabat was another player ETH has managed previously.

Must be a factor in why he’s keen to join Utd. But we have to make the move.

RuudTom83

Shame if Amrabat doesn't end up signing for United...I was looking forward to writing him off after 90 minutes in a United shirt :rolleyes:

Nevermind...back to the Mount thread.

ErikElevenHag

As if Liverpool are signing a 30 year old, don't they know the caf said your legs are gone at that age.

Zimmerframe FC

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Don't forget mount.

And Bellingham.
Did they even go in for Bellingham? I don’t think they did because it’s weird that they put a bid in for caicedo at 111m yet didn’t bid for Bellingham who would have been cheaper and he’d of probably gone there aswell.

Chairman Steve

I could be wrong with this and I acknowledge that this is not necessarily the correct discussion to post this under, but I predict that United will sell Martial and buy that midfielder from Everton.

I just think that if Amrabat was an elite priority, they could have gone got him by now, without major sales. We know Van De Beek is going to leave. That would not hold up the acquisition of Amrabat given he is not expensive.

The significant movement is.as things stand, it is 85% now known that you know who is coming back. Ten Hag wants another attacker as what we have is not enough for the season. Martial is not reliable for us, but he could still do a job for another side at the top level. That money will go towards the bloke from Everton as he is young and can be developed (that is what Ten Hag thinks anyway).

If we sell Martial, then surely we have to replace him. I don’t think Mr.11 is going to be ready to play a match for a fair while, but if they‘re banking on him to be competition for Hojlund then Hojlund better not get injured or we are fecked.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
United need to be picking out a player who is top quality on the ball before they look at other midfielders. Can’t string two passes together 90% of the time. A defensive midfielder is needed soon to replace Casemiro but it’s so obvious to me where our weakness is.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
You also said after that it would be Utd’s last signing. Both bases covered…
Yeah that was a week later when it was looking like Donny would be sold and this was picking up pace, but that was more based on Fabrizio joining in. Original guess was the Liverpool one! But originally I thought we'd sell Donny and Fred and not sign anyone other than Mount. Don't see the point. Already have mainoo, Eriksen and McTominay as the backup trio. So that plus Liverpool being somewhat skint (though also able to spend 100m+ on caicedo) had me thinking surely they'd go in for him.

Chief123

Yeah that was a week later when it was looking like Donny would be sold and this was picking up pace, but that was more based on Fabrizio joining in. Original guess was the Liverpool one! But originally I thought we'd sell Donny and Fred and not sign anyone other than Mount. Don't see the point. Already have mainoo, Eriksen and McTominay as the backup trio. So that plus Liverpool being somewhat skint (though also able to spend 100m+ on caicedo) had me thinking surely they'd go in for him.
Tbh I’ll be gutted if we miss out in him as I think he’d be a very useful addition, in particular tough away games.

However, the big positive would be I think Mainoo would get a lot more minutes than he would get if Amrabat does join.

Yorke to Cole

If we sell Martial, then surely we have to replace him. I don’t think Mr.11 is going to be ready to play a match for a fair while, but if they‘re banking on him to be competition for Hojlund then Hojlund better not get injured or we are fecked.
I agree with you. But Ten Hag comes across as the manager who is prepared to take those type of risks. The "short term pain for long term gain mentality."

What would be the absolute dream, would be the takeover to occur and we go and make a mind blowing offer for Tchouamani.

Borussia Teeth

I think Hannibal will go on loan. Word is he is highly rated but they don’t want to interrupt his development by keeping him here where he won’t get enough minutes. He is coming along nicely and just needs another season of regular football, I surmise.
I agree, another loan would best. He could potentially take Eriksen/McTominay's place in the squad next season.

Plastic Evra

cyberman

Surely we’ve got to replace Fred though? We were thin in midfield as it is.
Fred barely played during the last half of last season and we now have Mount and Mainoo in the squad plus Sancho can now play false 9 / 10

prateik

Been available all summer for €30m (~£25m) and no one has made a bid..
27 in 4 days and the highest level he has played for is a mid table Serie A side.

Is all the attention just based on a decent World Cup? If there is more, then why is no one getting him?
This looks a lot like the agent / player trying to get a big move after a good WC and no one seems to be biting.

Borussia Teeth

Who's paying money for Martial?

Chief123

Been available all summer for €30m (~£25m) and no one has made a bid..
27 in 4 days and the highest level he has played for is a mid table Serie A side.

Is all the attention just based on a decent World Cup? If there is more, then why is no one getting him?
This looks a lot like the agent / player trying to get a big move after a good WC and no one seems to be biting.
He wouldn’t be going into our starting eleven on a regular basis. He’d basically raise the floor of our bottom level players. Good addition but not critical. He would be a big improvement on what Liverpool have available in that position though.

gaffs

Who would take Martial ? Really?

Same for Van De Beek. Very hard to find a buyer.

They are on big wages, have underperformed and have bad injury records.

Woziak

Why is it so damn hard to write a name properly? So many here seem unable to do so.

Not even asking for pronunciation since there I don't think I've listened more than two anglophonic persons speaking a latin language correctly.
In defence I’m using a new iPhone and the predicta text is a nightmare which I will correct

Red00012

You are wrong. Martial is going nowhere . Nobody wants him and as bad as he is we need him as back up next season . Rashford is far better on the left

Adnan

Talent Spotter
As long as we are talking about Dutch league here, what is your take on Sangare? Seems to be in a pretty similar bracket to Amrabat prices-wise and would be a more rounded package skillset wise. Not as excellent with his passing like Amrabat but still pretty good and potential to improve being a little younger than the Moroccoan. Additionally he'd bring slightly better ball carrying, goal threat, physicality and defensive nous to the table.

Link to his fbref
I think Sangare would be a good signing as a rotation option for the DM role. He has the physical and athletical capabilities as well as being decent enough on the ball. But I feel we should target someone who has a higher level on the ball and is comfortable being the first receiver in midfield. And that player will ideally be a hybrid #6/#8 who will aid the deeper build up and also get forward and support the most advanced players on the pitch. That player might be someone we haven't even discussed on here yet. There's quite a few options we could potentially target if the money was available or we had a owner like Todd Boehly.

I remember several years back talking up a midfielder from Celta Vigo. That midfielder was Stanislav Labotka who was in his mid 20s at the time but was showing a very high technical level in possession in a deeper role. And I remember some people saying 'if he was so good, then why he is he still at Celta Vigo at his age'. He ends up at Napoli and becomes a key cog in them winning the league after 33 years. The point is that the players are out there as long as the budget allows it. We need players who not only raise our level in possession but also raise our level out of possession. And I've watched the game against Wolves twice now, and Casemiro let the team down in the press which was positional issues and not because he didn't have the legs and I can only put that down to Casemiro being rusty at this stage of the season. But our pressing sequences from the front were really good imo and I'll highlight that in a different thread later.

Hopefully we can get Kobbie Mainoo back soon and also potentially buy a first phase midfielder who has the ability to play in a double pivot and hence raises the technical level of the team in that deeper area of the pitch which still needs improvement imo. The player doesn't have to be Amrabat it could be someone else. Someone we aren't even discussing.

ThorLoother

Did they even go in for Bellingham? I don’t think they did because it’s weird that they put a bid in for caicedo at 111m yet didn’t bid for Bellingham who would have been cheaper and he’d of probably gone there aswell.
Yes and no. They decided early on they couldn't afford him, but that was before they received the Saudi money for Henderson and Fabinho. By then Bellingham was gone so they went all-in for Caicedo.

Xaviboy

Liverpool close to signing Japanese midfielder wonder were they told Amarabat is a no go.

Chief123

Liverpool close to signing Japanese midfielder wonder were they told Amarabat is a no go.
They’ll be looking for 2 midfielders at least. 1 is not enough. I’m guessing this guy is there lower profile of the two they aim to sign.

Anustart89

Taylor Swift's already made a song about the Amrabat debacle.

Fever dream high in the quiet of the night
You know that I caught it
Bad, bad boy
Shiny toy with a price
You know that I bought it

Killing me slow, out the window
I'm always waiting for you to be waiting below
Devils roll the dice, angels roll their eyes
What doesn't kill me makes me want you more

And it's new, the shape of your body
It's blue, the feeling I've got
And it's ooh, whoa, oh
It's a cruel summer

It's cool, that's what I tell 'em
No rules in breakable heaven
But ooh, whoa oh
It's a cruel summer
With you

Ceteris

watching other teams splurge the cash and we have to sell 2 players to get 1? man this club sometimes makes some weird decisions. We probably needed an Amrabat type player than a Mount type but look who we signed first.

I hope we don't wait to lose 2 games before we panic buy again

Status
Not open for further replies.