Sofyan Amrabat | signs for United on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Cant we offer Donny in the deal?

How can it be so difficult to offload players?

Why don’t we just do the deal for SA and then get the focus on shifting players at the end of the window - you know that they are likely to go so why not just be a bit more creative like everyone else?

I would really like to know what Murtough and his team are doing as I’m sure they are working hard but they don’t look like it on the outside.
Donny is fecking atrocious that's why we can't sell him.

OrcaFat

Who said it’s a negative conclusion? He’s obviously not a priority signing otherwise he’d be here. Onana was a priority signing. We didn’t make him sit out the start of the season at Inter while we tried to shift Henderson.

Why get your knickers in a twist over something that’s quite clearly not what Romero or whoever is giving him the information is saying to be true.
I’m calmer than you dude.

croadyman

Hopefully we see movement on this now that we're getting a decent fee for Henderson.
Yeah surely now it finally picks up pace or we will move for Gravenberch instead. Obviously we would still need to sign a tempo controller whether that’s January or likely next summer

Last edited:

tenhagsimp

And there probably have been no bids.

Clubs seek out the players wants/desires first before actually making a bid to the club these days.
This. Clubs "tap" players all the time now usually with the permission of owning club. Think about it, what if you did all the hard negotiating fee part just for the player to say no feck off im not playing in that shit club of yours.

GoldanoGraham

If he is really kicking up such a stink at Fiorentina then I’m sure that they would do a loan with compulsory buy to get him out and away?

Just don’t understand how and why we are acting like this if we are seriously interested.

Haven’t heard anything from the club about him or from Fiorentina either which is strange.

Judas

Open to offers
If he is really kicking up such a stink at Fiorentina then I’m sure that they would do a loan with compulsory buy to get him out and away?

Just don’t understand how and why we are acting like this if we are seriously interested.

Haven’t heard anything from the club about him or from Fiorentina either which is strange.
Because I don’t think we are. People are willing this into existence based on shite sources and desperation, which I get because we need more in the middle. Di Marzo speaking a bit about it has given people more hope I suppose.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I’d bet good money we’ve not even considered him this window.

-Supreme-

Who is this player you have in mind? As we will definitely bring in another midfielder if McT / VdB is sold before the window closes in less than a week, I don’t think we have ever bought anyone within a couple of days where we have not been linked in the past.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Who is this player you have in mind? As we will definitely bring in another midfielder if McT / VdB is sold before thdeadline e window closes in less than a week, I don’t think we have ever bought anyone within a couple of days where we have not been linked in the past.
I don’t have any player in mind. Despite my reputation I’ve got very little interest in following transfers these days but I can spot when a player and his agent are trying to talk a move into existence compared to when a club are trying to engineer a move.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I am starting to get that feeling that it's just a media creation. ETH has no interest but the agent is trying to drum up interest.
ETH maybe set on Mainoo as the Casemiro backup for the season?

dinostar77

Seeing as we desperately need a pivot player who can recycle posession, he would fit the bill, it would be wierd if we arent in for him as he fits the profile, cost, age, physically and technically. He must have been promised something by someone not to be training with the fiorentina squad. Also no other clubs approaching him, suggests something has been agreed.

It could all be smoke without fire, or we really could be pushing that much against FFP limit that we need to offload a player i.e. donny to make headroom.

Or it could be that we want him and boardroom interference is stopping it from happening. After all, from january 1st he can sign a contract as a free agent with a foreign club. Why spend €20-25mil when you can get him for free next summer?

P.s. i think we need a player like him now, but idiotic thinking at this club post fergie is part of the furniture now.

SER19

Is he actually any good? What sort of midfielder is he?
He was integral to Morocco and Fiorentina's great achievement last season, it's fair to say he's 'good'. I doubt he'd be a starter but we've lost Fred and I think for all his failings, we miss Fred's energy. He's physical, high energy, a good passer (not just sideways and back) and would be a capable replacement when Casemiro cant play - we know from last season that he simply can't do a full season without breaks. For his price, our budget, and squad needs, I can't think of a better fit

dinostar77

He was integral to Morocco and Fiorentina's great achievement last season, it's fair to say he's 'good'. I doubt he'd be a starter but we've lost Fred and I think for all his failings, we miss Fred's energy. He's physical, high energy, a good passer (not just sideways and back) and would be a capable replacement when Casemiro cant play - we know from last season that he simply can't do a full season without breaks. For his price, our budget, and squad needs, I can't think of a better fit
I think if he came he would end up being a regular starter alongside Casemiro and force ETH to drop the double no8's idea. He's a morrocan Michael Carrick which is exactly what we are missing in our midfield.

dinostar77

Yeah Carrick without the goals and assists.
He's the deepest midfielder for firoentina infromt of the defence. What assists and goals do you expect?

Also what we dont know is how many assists happened because of his pass before the assist?

massey

He's the deepest midfielder for firoentina infromt of the defence. What assists and goals do you expect?

Also what we dont know is how many assists happened because of his pass before the assist?
So was Carrick for us alot of the time I'm not doubting Amrabat could be a good fit for us and brings energy to the midfield but Carrick was a class player who is better,I hope he comes and proves me wrong but his non existent assists and goals column worries me a bit.

Litch

Honestly I have no idea whether this is going to work or not. From YouTube stuff, Im not convinced tbh....

dinostar77

So was Carrick for us alot of the time I'm not doubting Amrabat could be a good fit for us and brings energy to the midfield but Carrick was a class player who is better,I hope he comes and proves me wrong but his non existent assists and goals column worries me a bit.
Fair enough, but lets worry about this if and when he signs (we need another midfielder before window closes).

didz

Yeah Carrick without the goals and assists.
At the time we signed Michael Carrick, he had 10 goals and 8 assists in 236 club matches. Amrabat has 3 and 6 in 134. There's barely a different in terms of goals/assists per game. Which most reasonable people would kind of expect given they aren't really goalscorers or assist-makers.

Anyway, I'd love for us to sign a Carrick without the goals and assists, as that's mostly just Carrick. I don't think Amrabat is that personally, but it does seem an odd bone to pick with him.

Senior Fusion

Who is this player you have in mind? As we will definitely bring in another midfielder if McT / VdB is sold before the window closes in less than a week, I don’t think we have ever bought anyone within a couple of days where we have not been linked in the past.

What about Baleba from Lille? I think this guy has massive talent and maybe he could be a signing for us. (additional or instead of amrabat )

SATA

Nothing from the UK journos on this so i think this has always been garbage speculation from the Italian media. Similar to the Korean defender from Napoli

CG1010

If our interest is true, surely we go for it now that Henderson sale is done?

C'est Moi Cantona

If our interest is true, surely we go for it now that Henderson sale is done?
It depends how tight things are, you could equally say that money has been earmarked for the other keeper we are getting and then the likely cost of terminating the Greenwood contract.

Someone on the takeover thread said they could be doing this to make sure there are no risks of not complying with FFP and so not risk anything with it, they could have a point.

CG1010

It depends how tight things are, you could equally say that money has been earmarked for the other keeper we are getting and then the likely cost of terminating the Greenwood contract.

Someone on the takeover thread said they could be doing this to make sure there are no risks of not complying with FFP and so not risk anything with it, they could have a point.
We’ll probably spending it on a LB
From what I read we are looking to loan LB and never knew we are thinking of terminating Greenwood contract rather than sell/loan?

Other than that, since Henderson is a home grown player we probably can buy upto 50-60 million players depending on how their contracts are structured under FFP. So should not be a problem getting him. My suspicion is that the fees being demanded by Fiorentina is the issue and we are taking it right until the end to get the best deal possible.

croadyman

Initially I thought we were interested in him and Gravenberch (loan with option/obligation) but now I am certain it's going to be one or the other. I spose there is a chance we could move for a CM not even rumoured in next few days but doesn't feel like that's going to happen

Status
Not open for further replies.