Sofyan Amrabat | signs for United on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuzzKillington

I didn't?

He's a very good passer, a press resistant player, a tempo dictator. He's slow and the defensive side of his game is pretty weak. He doesn't read the game well defensively nor does he win enough 50/50s, tackles or interceptions to be classed as a DM. He plays next to better DMs for that reason. He's also not 10.
So he’s essentially a worse version of Eriksen?

kaku06

All this discussion and chatter without any credible links.:lol:

MadMike

So he’s essentially a worse version of Eriksen?
No, that's unfair I think. He's better defensively than Eriksen and more press resistant around his box. He operates really well as a DLP whereas Eriksen is not that good at dictating tempo from deep. Only problem with Amrabat is he is a bit weak in his defensive reading, for that role. Eriksen is mostly an AM who we tried to play as box-to-box with mixed results. He's very effective in the final 3rd, but he's a complete passenger defensively and is not very safe around our box.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
He's a good footballer, but I doubt he is a profile for us.

He's used to chase the ball a lot and thrives in a defensive formation.

He was better with Morocco than Fio despite Italiano's game plan.

I don't think he could be a good backup to Casemiro in my opinion.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
He's a good footballer, but I doubt he is a profile for us.

He's used to chase the ball a lot and thrives in a defensive formation.

He was better with Morocco than Fio despite Italiano's game plan.

I don't think he could be a good backup to Casemiro in my opinion.
Perfect for when we're playing City, or liverpool, or any away game for that matter.

AnotherLondonManc

Fbref isn't everything, but his profile looks very much below average, and not suitable for coving Casemiro when required.

I only really saw him at the World Cup, and while he was decent, I remember a lot of pundits suggesting that he overperformed for Morocco.

Looks like we can do a lot better than this guy.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Well, he played in the Eredivise under Ten Hag at Utrecht. Pretty much all the proof I need to say he's having a medical as we speak.
Done deal basically.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
They're taking the piss with these verbs now aren't they. We're "aware of" Amrabat now.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Not even near for me. You're severely lacking in defensive ability there. Amrabat averages less defensive contributions per 90 than not only Casemiro but Scott and Fred as well. His defensive ability is simply subpar for a DM.

Can't comment on Amrabat generally but I have zero faith in that face-value use of the Tkl+Int stat given how dependent the volume of tackles and interceptions made is on the way a midfielder's team plays.

For example Rodri, one of the best DMs on the planet, would also rank below Casemiro, Fred and McTominay as per that metric this season. In fact none of his seasons at City would rank above their numbers from last season. Meanwhile Thomas Partey, the DM of City's title challengers this season, also ranks below those three players.

And sure enough when I look at this season's Serie A stats, Fiorentina averaged the second most possession and the third least Tkl+Int in their league.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think the burden of proof should be mostly on you. Especially when you claim that someone who doesn't even play as DM for his club should be a consideration for covering one of the best DMs in the world, in a system where they're the only DM and meant to play with two 8s/10s in Mount and Fernandes.

Amrabat is not even a DM. He's a playmaker, a DLP. But the defensive side of his game is very poor.

Anyway, here's a post made after the UEL final.
I also think people are misprofiling this guy based on his World Cup performances. It sounds like he's at home at a mid-table Serie A side.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
We are aware of him mind

Jacob

They are mocking us now.

At first it was preparing a bid

Then it was monitoring...

Now it's aware of...

Soon it will be learning about...

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Was much better than RIce in the conferenc league final. Rice was invisible actually, barely noticed him.
He was also much better than Rice at the World Cup. Looked so comfortable and in control against both Spain and Portugal.

Hammondo

Think we'd only be buying him as cover for Casemiro anyway as we have no other DM in the squad.
Ah, for a good price he could be a good pick for a squad player. Any quoted prices being thrown around?

ScholesyTheWise

Nah, they're taking the piss at our expense. no way did we brief any journo that we're 'aware' of such and such player.
what kind of nonsense is that?

Next thing we know, they'll start writing that United thinks, therefore it is.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
How true are these rumours? I don’t think another midfielder will be on the priority list before a ST and GK.

Trex

How true are these rumours? I don’t think another midfielder will be on the priority list before a ST and GK.
More likely its contingency plans if someone makes an offer for Mctominay.

Mainoldo

More likely its contingency plans if someone makes an offer for Mctominay.
You would hope we replace him with a promising youngster. Lavia, Gravenberch, Caceido. That profile.. not this lad. He’s West Ham level.

Trex

You would hope we replace him with a promising youngster. Lavia, Gravenberch, Caceido. That profile.. not this lad. He’s West Ham level.
He'll be cheaper. Casemiro is first choice in that role, this guys is an upgrade on Mctominay, that's what matters to me.

Mainoldo

He'll be cheaper. Casemiro is first choice in that role, this guys is an upgrade on Mctominay, that's what matters to me.
He really isn’t though is he. We are just use to McTominay!

NLunited

The difference between Amrabat and McT is this: you‘ll have someone to pass to instead of a gaping hole in your build up play.

Status
Not open for further replies.