Sofyan Amrabat | signs for United on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

No report said that. Romano has said multiple times Utd will go for a new CM once Fred and Donny leave.

But, if we do manage to sell McTominay I wouldn't be surprised to see us go for a more expensive option than Amrabat. If McT is not sold, then I guess we'll sign Amrabat.
Which expensive option you thinking?

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I'm thinking that either:

a) we're not all that serious about signing this guy.

or

b) we will take too long and he'll get moved on before we agree a deal.

Or both of these can be true.
I’ve also heard that players sometimes agree terms with a club knowing they may either be 2nd choice or that they know any deal needs to happen late in the window. Depending upon the clubs involved, many players are happy to wait. It can also be that a player may wait as a second choice for a club like United but then have a deal lined up with another club should the United deal not happen.

I suspect if we are interested this is one of those where he has been told the deal will happen as long as we sell /loan certain players and he has indicated he is happy to wait given the possible chance to play for one of the biggest clubs in the world.

tomaldinho1

I’ve also heard that players sometimes agree terms with a club knowing they may either be 2nd choice or that they know any deal needs to happen late in the window. Depending upon the clubs involved, many players are happy to wait. It can also be that a player may wait as a second choice for a club like United but then have a deal lined up with another club should the United deal not happen.

I suspect if we are interested this is one of those where he has been told the deal will happen as long as we sell /loan certain players and he has indicated he is happy to wait given the possible chance to play for one of the biggest clubs in the world.
Yeah his agent will have known roughly what terms would be weeks ago + we'll have been in touch with his club. I do get the sense we could, if we really wanted to, have signed him already so I wonder if we're prioritising another signing elsewhere first.

croadyman

Bloke has the patience of a saint if that's true

croadyman

Yeah his agent will have known roughly what terms would be weeks ago + we'll have been in touch with his club. I do get the sense we could, if we really wanted to, have signed him already so I wonder if we're prioritising another signing elsewhere first.
Who else can we realistically get though?

GaryLifo

Not really. If you were at Fiorentina and had a chance at United if you were prepared to wait a few weeks, wouldn’t you think it was worth the wait. Especially if you knew a few other clubs were waiting to take you if the deal fell through?

Kill3r7

No report said that. Romano has said multiple times Utd will go for a new CM once Fred and Donny leave.

But, if we do manage to sell McTominay I wouldn't be surprised to see us go for a more expensive option than Amrabat. If McT is not sold, then I guess we'll sign Amrabat.
The price for CMs will go up appreciably with every signing. Lavia will cost more to whoever tries to sign himafter Caicedo. I wouldn’t be surprised if Amrabat all of a sudden becomes too expensive for us.

The Irish Connection

This is important to get done. We definitely still need a more defensively rounded midfielder who can play too.
Shame that we couldn’t have been in for Caicedo, and Mainoos injury a blow.

Gandalf

I do expect a bid to go in any day now. Fred is finally off and with the wage relief from a loan of Donny and termination of contract for Bailly we should have comfortably cleared enough room to make this happen.

Plastic Evra

Not really. If you were at Fiorentina and had a chance at United if you were prepared to wait a few weeks, wouldn’t you think it was worth the wait. Especially if you knew a few other clubs were waiting to take you if the deal fell through?
I imagine he does but let's be honest, promises from a football club are not worth a lot. No deal is really done until everyone signed in ink.

Hopefully we'll hear about it soon.

GaryLifo

I imagine he does but let's be honest, promises from a football club are not worth a lot. No deal is really done until everyone signed in ink.

Hopefully we'll hear about it soon.
the alternative is he signs for a lesser statured club now only to find out if he’d just waited a couple more weeks he’d have been a United player. Put that way… surely you wait?

croadyman

the alternative is he signs for a lesser statured club now only to find out if he’d just waited a couple more weeks he’d have been a United player. Put that way… surely you wait?
Wish it was that simple

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
That same Gazzetta article also highlights United as the favourite to sign Amrabat as Juve don't have the funds for the player at this time. The only way Juve can gain an advantage is if Fiorentina's open to an initial loan or if they make more money from their sales.

Source:

Regardless, Gazzetta tend to be unreliable (Tier 4), so let's wait for more reliable outlets/journalists to report the links.

Mainoldo

So you have someone better for us then,if that's the case I look forward to hearing who it is
The day it’s hard to find alternatives to Amrabat is the day football dies.

There’s plenty of names. Which we will probably find out about once Fred and Donny officially leave.

zaafi

The day it’s hard to find alternatives to Amrabat is the day football dies.

There’s plenty of names. Which we will probably find out about once Fred and Donny officially leave.
Find me a player available with his passing stats. I'll wait.

Plastic Evra

If it was me, excluding United bias ? I'm not sure. Atletico and Juventus (to cite two teams named as hypotheticals) have plenty of their own mystique and pedigree, very nice places to live, I'm sure they can offer a competitive wage package though United might be the highest.

If I start having doubts, I might want my agent to advance those options in parallel.

croadyman

There's no way we can know all the players who could be available, depends what ETH wants. Might be some left field young signing like Chotard or Neves, the market for DM/CM is insane.
Tchouameni/Valverde act like a big club

zaafi

Big question is that enough?
It's not like that's the only thing he offers. He is strong, tenacious and can run for days. Surprisingly press resistant for a player his size as well. He is more than good enough to be a squad player for us, and he is easily worth the rumoured fee.

croadyman

The correct answer is De Jong FYI
Has either of them got any real heat or is it just tabloids? Feel like they'll only leave Real if they're forced out.
You don't know if you don't ask,prime example is when Fergie asked about Cantona

Castia

It's not like that's the only thing he offers. He is strong, tenacious and can run for days. Surprisingly press resistant for a player his size as well. He is more than good enough to be a squad player for us, and he is easily worth the rumoured fee.
That's the worry isn't it. Our squad needs players to push for a starting spot replacing Fred/McTominay with Amrabat is so underwhelming.

Why aren't there other clubs in for him for the reported 20 odd million? it's because he's simply not that good isn't it. There's no 2 ways about it.

croadyman

That's the worry isn't it. Our squad needs players to push for a starting spot replacing Fred/McTominay with Amrabat is so underwhelming.

Why aren't there other clubs in for him for the reported 20 odd million? it's because he's simply not that good isn't it. There's no 2 ways about it.
Yeah do wish we had the cash for better

zaafi

Why weren't more clubs interested in Thiago Alcantara from Barcelona, Kroos from Bayern (apart from us and Real), Verratti from Pescara, Cavani from Napoli, Dembele from Barcelona, Rakitic from Sevilla and so on?

I'm not saying he is as good as these players, but that argument is really bad. You're creaming yourself over Lavia who has done literally nothing but get relegated with his team to Championship, but Amrabat, who is currently the superior player in every single aspect of the game, is not a good player who won't improve us?

You have not watched him more than 3 games and it's very, very obvious. I get that at a 26 (soon 27) year old midfielder who hasn't been at a top club before doesn't appeal to you, but don't make up shit.

Castia

Why weren't more clubs interested in Thiago Alcantara from Barcelona, Kroos from Bayern (apart from us and Real), Verratti from Pescara, Cavani from Napoli, Dembele from Barcelona, Rakitic from Sevilla and so on?

I'm not saying he is as good as these players, but that argument is really bad. You're creaming yourself over Lavia who has done literally nothing but get relegated with his team to Championship, but Amrabat, who is currently the superior player in every single aspect of the game, is not a good player who won't improve us?

You have not watched him more than 3 games and it's very, very obvious. I get that at a 26 (soon 27) year old midfielder who hasn't been at a top club before doesn't appeal to you, but don't make up shit.
Those players you listed was well known or massive prospects though? Ourselves and Bayern was in for Thiago, Kroos was already world class, Verratti was touted as the next great Italian player hence a move to PSG, Cavani smashing goals in Italy etc they are all massive players that attracted top teams and cost hundreds of millions

Amrabat is 27, the best level he's ever reached is Fiorentina and they want 20m quid for him.

Answer my question, why is nobody actually in for him at that price?

Loads of teams have paid absolute fortunes for DM's this summer, not one has taken a punt on Amrabat?

FYI ive seen him plenty and think he's shite

Status
Not open for further replies.