Sofyan Amrabat | signs for United on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Very happy with this. Sure he's not absolutely sensational, at minimum he's at least an upgrade over McT or Fred. He's got a skillset we need right now and he's a warrior.
Its a huge upgrade, he makes us very hard to play through

evil_geko

It could also mean he's not good enough. Despite Sangare being touted as a great option that all the big teams should go for, none did and now he's joining Nottingham Forest.
Could, should, would, every single transfer is a risk, doesn't mean we should be constantly miserable and only look at negatives all the frecking time.

Red4Life_#7

We've basically paid an extra €10m in total to comply with FFP for this year, because we couldn't raise enough cash through player sales to match Fiorentina's €25m asking price.

Not entirely happy with our window. If we knew we weren't going for Caicedo early on, then Amrabat should have been a priority over Mount who we overpaid on.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Finally. I think he's much better than some people expect him to be. Anyways its all Mount's fault.

Kingslayer18

:lol: no one passed him over. he refused to negotiate with any other teams as he wanted Utd.

You've obviously never seen him play or done any research on him.

Liverpool clearly did. Atletico were also considering him but never made a move. I'm sorry, there is no way he had multiple offers from other big teams and passed them up on the off chance we come in for him. If any of the big teams made a move for him, he would've taken the offer. He was clearly looking to move to any bigger team than Fiorentina.

Marwood

Fred is just as good a passer, maybe more creative as well. But he is so inconsistent, one moment he makes a nice pass into the forward and the next he cant manage a 5 yard pass to a teammate and finds an opponent. So I think we can say Amrabat is likely to be a bit more reliable and predictable but Fred was capable of the big switch passes too which is the main thing Amrabat has.
That's a bad passer is it not?

OverratedOpinion

I hope this is not a permanent deal. He's a fairly average player who had an outstanding world cup, he's not even in the top 10 midfielders in Italy. There's a reason all the top 6 teams , the UK, Spain and even in Italy are not after him despite having a low fee. Liverpool, who had a huge hole at no 6, passed over him and so did Bayern. He is not going to take us closer to the top teams and will essentially be a squad filler. I'd rather it just be a loan fee and we focus next summer on getting a press resistant, dribbling, athletic midfielder,
Who are top 10 midfielders in Serie A since you pretend to know?
Waiting to hear the Serie A expertise @Kingslayer18

dubplate warrior

Fred is just as good a passer, maybe more creative as well. But he is so inconsistent, one moment he makes a nice pass into the forward and the next he cant manage a 5 yard pass to a teammate and finds an opponent. So I think we can say Amrabat is likely to be a bit more reliable and predictable but Fred was capable of the big switch passes too which is the main thing Amrabat has.
Fred is a pretty bad passer.

SirScholes

mate fred is shite, just doesn't think quick enough for the prem league

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Liverpool clearly did. Atletico were also considering him but never made a move. I'm sorry, there is no way he had multiple offers from other big teams and passed them up on the off chance we come in for him. If any of the big teams made a move for him, he would've taken the offer. He was clearly looking to move to any bigger team than Fiorentina.
I don't think there was any doubt behind the scenes we wouldn't get this deal over the line, so of course he'd be happy to refuse offers if he wanted to come to us.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He isnt like Fred. Far more considered and controlled. He's not going to be chasing around like a mad dog, like Fred would.
Never said he is like Fred. Said he has same energy as Fred.

Woziak

I love this player and I’m so glad we finally got him, I genuinely think he was our number two choice after Rabiot on a free but then became the number one option, as soon as Rabiot extended at Juventus, we switched our attention and really only wanted a loan with option to buy.

Our Midfield Options are now - CDM/CM (Casemiro, S Amrabat, K Mainoo,
C Ericsen)

And for - AM/8/10
(C Ericsen, Bruno Fernandez, M Mount,
J Sancho, S Mctominay, H Mejbri)

So 7/8 options for midfield with Hanibal probably going on loan either now or January.

if Scot gets sold we will keep Hanibal Mejbri, personally I’d like to keep Mctominay and play him as an 8/10 from the bench.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
No, I've already seen plenty of him. Theres going to be people claiming we shouldnt have let Fred leave
Let's revisit this post in 2 months . Quote me if I am wrong and I will Quote you if you are.

ScarleyUtd

It's also been widely reported that he's set on working with Ten Hag at Utd again. And you don't know it was an 'off chance' either – we have no idea what was said to him.

DevilRed

You have to wonder whether an Amrabat, Casemiro and Bruno midfield would finally give us the balance we have been searching for since Carrick and Scholes retired.

Thats actually a proper midfield.

Superunknown

I think that is by a mile our most balanced side.
Me too. We have a few options for that '3' with Garnacho, Sancho, Eriksen, Mount as possible players for those spots. It also makes us more solid in the middle and would give the fullbacks more opportunities to get forward as Casemiro/Amrabat can get across quickly to act as cover if needed. I would be very surprised if we don't see this at some point in the near future.

adam118

If he has 1 year left and we have an option to buy, can't we just not buy and pick him up for free at the end of June? Probably missing something here...

Witchking

Never seen him play, but glad we got a mid fielder to support Casemiro. Maybe till mount is back, a midfield of Sofyan sitting, Casemiro playing a bit ahead with Bruno at the top may work as Casemiro's passes is underrated and Sofyan is there to cover him.

Witchking

If he has 1 year left and we have an option to buy, can't we just not buy and pick him up for free at the end of June? Probably missing something here...
The club had the option of extending the contract to another year if i am not mistaken.

avgp_1

Never seen him play, but glad we got a mid fielder to support Casemiro. Maybe till mount is back, a midfield of Sofyan sitting, Casemiro playing a bit ahead with Bruno at the top may work as Casemiro's passes is underrated and Sofyan is there to cover him.
Thats a good point. Casemiro seems to be more comfortable playing somewhat further forward so far

Status
Not open for further replies.