g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Solanke to Liverpool

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Well, this will probably have only a small effect on next season for Liverpool.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Being Liverpool, bid for Mbappe then turn over and sign a youth cast off from Chelsea.

Top shelf, la.

DenisIrwin

I've been watching him for years. He's almost certain to be fantastic value for them at 3m.

DellaNe

Supports
Chelsea
Being Liverpool, bid for Mbappe then turn over and sign a youth cast off from Chelsea.

Top shelf, la.
He is not a cast off. He just wouldn't sign a contract. They've got a pretty good prospect who was banging 40 goals a season at youth level as a 17 year old. It's an incredibly low risk high reward signing for them. Terrible for us

opopop

I seem to remember the last time liverpool got into the Champions League they went and brought in Rickie lambert for a few mil and I kept reading how for that price he is a great signing.

Is Solanke better than what is in the first 11? His value isn't going to mean much beyond that

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
He is not a cast off. He just wouldn't sign a contract. They've got a pretty good prospect who was banging 40 goals a season at youth level as a 17 year old. It's an incredibly low risk high reward signing for them. Terrible for us
Don't be a drama queen. Other clubs will sign players, good and bad, get used to it.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Because he didn't sign a contract he's kinda been iced out this past season. No loan and barely figured for the u23s.

A real shame as he's a talent and been with Chelsea since he was 8 or 9. Can totally understand why he'd take a step down to a mid table side where there's less pressure to win things.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Delighted with this - low risk, high upside and all that.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He's got a 69 rating and potential of 82 bro, it's not even that good.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Fairwell Danny Ings, I guess. I agree with @RobinLFC, there's practically no risk to the signing, so let's just get on & see how the kid does.

SouthPredators4

Because he didn't sign a contract he's kinda been iced out this past season. No loan and barely figured for the u23s.

A real shame as he's a talent and been with Chelsea since he was 8 or 9. Can totally understand why he'd take a step down to a mid table side where there's less pressure to win things.
Lol.. i know what you did there.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Everybody loves a Solanke,
You gotta get a Solanke,
Solanke Solanke,
Go Solanke go.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
I respect the kid already for saying F*** this loan out crap. No new contract, I´m leaving.

DellaNe

Supports
Chelsea
Don't be a drama queen. Other clubs will sign players, good and bad, get used to it.
Maybe you didn't notice, but I am a Chelsea fan. So it IS terrible for us to lose a highly rated prospect to a rival for such a low price.

Maybe you thought I'm a United fan complaining about some random player moving to Liverpool?

Classical Mechanic

Who the feck is Solanke? Sounds like a Polish McDonald's night-shift employee.
Aged 16,17 he was one of the best talents in Europe for his age. Scored a bucket load of goals for Chelsea's youth team along with Tammy Abraham as they won everything domestically and in Europe. Abraham has made a much more impressive step up to senior football though and he is a year younger.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
It's a really good move by Liverpool. If Solanke fails they will recoup the fee most likely.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Delighted with this - low risk, high upside and all that.
Fairwell Danny Ings, I guess. I agree with @RobinLFC, there's practically no risk to the signing, so let's just get on & see how the kid does.
This could be great business, to be fair to them.
Nice bit of business this.
It's a really good move by Liverpool. If Solanke fails they will recoup the fee most likely.
Agreed. You can barely get a physio for £3m these days, and the boy's clearly got talent. A good signing that adds much needed depth to Liverpool's squad.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

Liverpool fans, can you have that?

walkinhop

Aged 16,17 he was one of the best talents in Europe for his age. Scored a bucket load of goals for Chelsea's youth team along with Tammy Abraham as they won everything domestically and in Europe. Abraham has made a much more impressive step up to senior football though and he is a year younger.
Much appreciated.

Classical Mechanic

Much appreciated.
Abraham scored 26 goals for Bristol City in the Championship in his first senior season this year. He will play for England in the U21 Euros this summer.

Solanke played no senior football this season and is with England U20s still.

That indicates the different trajectories for the players in senior football so far.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Looks a prospect. Will play cup games with an outside chance of dis-lodging Ings/Orig from the squad. But we need to get a move on with our other signings, will be same old same old if we miss out on Keita and Van Dijk.
Always nice to nick a striker from Chelsea, we've had one our best ever forwards in this century gleaned from them, sadly a perennial sick note though.

Do or die summer for FSG. They need to deliver.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Looks a prospect. Will play cup games with an outside chance of dis-lodging Ings/Orig from the squad. But we need to get a move on with our other signings, will be same old same old if we miss out on Keita and Van Dijk.
Always nice to nick a striker from Chelsea, we've had one our best ever forwards in this century gleaned from them, sadly a perennial sick note though.

Do or die summer for FSG. They need to deliver.
It's May.

To quote Paul Tomkins: "Liverpool fans wanted Klopp’s Dortmund when he arrived but not the process that made Klopp’s Dortmund so special: the time it took (over two years)".

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Maybe you didn't notice, but I am a Chelsea fan. So it IS terrible for us to lose a highly rated prospect to a rival for such a low price.

Maybe you thought I'm a United fan complaining about some random player moving to Liverpool?
Yes, on phone so I don't see poster details. Makes sense now.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Well I'm nearly 60 years old I have no recollection whatsoever of my club ever finishing in mid-table. Still, I'm sure Duffer's old enough to remember when Chelsea were shite & totally irrelevant. It wasn't that long ago when you think about it.
There are 20 teams in the league so we can't really call 9th and 10th place the middle. It's better to divide the league in 3 parts, like you do a football pitch, so the middle is about 7th-14th or there about depending on how you see it. Liverpool finished 8th in 2015/16 so if I were you I'd start doing puzzles everyday to keep the memory good and healthy. I kid